Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav 4 XSE Hybrid
By the way in case anyone is in MA, the dealerships I spoke with were:
-York Ford ($500 deposit)
-Acton Ford ($1000 deposit)
-McGovern Ford ($1000 deposit)
Waiting to hear from Franklin Ford. All basically said "too bad" if I get the car and didn't like it as far as my deposit goes. McGovern actually said that if "something happens to me" then I can get my deposit back....guess that means if I die? LoL

I tell you this really takes the excitement out of getting a car...
Sponsored

whithutch511

Badlands
First Name
Whitney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500L
Is anyone else having trouble finding a dealer with a lower/no deposit amount? I'm willing to gamble $100 on a car that I haven't sat in or test driven, but I can't find a dealer that will take less than $500 in a non-refundable deposit. I'm in MA and have spoken to four dealers so far. 3 of the 4 were $1000 and one was $500. I got into a bit of an argument with a couple of them and said: 1. They'll be able to sell the car in a day if I back out and 2. They are essentially charging me $1000 to test drive a car. One of the dealers kept arguing and said there is no way that they will be able to sell the car easily if I back out and that they will be "in the hole" within a week.

The car looks great and I'm excited but am I being unreasonable by expecting not to dish out this much money upfront without seeing what I'm buying?
There is a thread on the Bronco6G forum that has a list of delears that are offering no ADM, X-Plan, any extra incentives that might be a good place to start.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2021-bronco-dealers-no-adm-x-plans-special-discounts-master-list.2010/

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

CarShuffle

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav 4 XSE Hybrid
Last edited by a moderator:

txbronc

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Cx-9
Yeah, Deposits I sort of understand because if you back out the dealership is on the hook but at the same time, they then get "a pre-allocated" amount before there normal inventory and that should help them. Doesn't make sense...

CarShuffle

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav 4 XSE Hybrid
Well, looks like I'm tapping out. I've reached out to around ten dealers here and was able to actually talk to someone at six. All but one wanted $1000 and the one wanted $500, all non-refundable. A couple of them tried to sell me another Ford and were trying to steer me away from the Bronco Sport. Guess I'll be waiting 6 months to see it in a showroom.

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
This sounds like poppycock... to those getting arm wrestled sorry you have to go through that right now. Money is money and refundable or not, times are tough. Those Dollars can be used to buy groceries not sitting in escrow at a dealership.

For reference.... I spoke to a super small dealership and they seemed to want nothing to do with having someone reserve, order, then walk away.

Two other dealerships, a mid size and a volume dealer, all sounded hyper keen on someone walking away. That means they get to have sitting inventory Ford isn’t allocating to sell on walk ups.

Versus, small dealer who can’t handle the overhead on something they’re not sure to sell right away. That’s just the impressions I got though.

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I doubt any reserved then cancelled Broncos will sit on a dealer lot longer than a week.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
In the small dealers defense, there are percentages of non deliveries (delivered to a person other than whom it was ordered for) that count against the dealership...

The larger the dealer the less affect it has on future allocation of vehicles...

CarShuffle

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav 4 XSE Hybrid
Over a dozen dealerships in Texas contacted here, only requested the $100 refundable Fee. Come to Texas y’all!
This is exactly why some people from Massachusetts are often called Massholes. People are just difficult. I heard I can buy a 5 bedroom house down there with a pool and 3 acres for $300k. Now there are two reasons to move.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
FYI, Tomball Ford requires $500 down.
Thanks for the info Chris.

I called Sterling McCall Ford.. they said they'd honor X-plan if Ford offers it.. and they do not require additional down payment.. Should I be getting this in writing?

TXArchitect

First Edition
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
So far Sewell Ford is the top notch dealer in terms of deposit, service, knowledge and responsiveness. All my dealers in the San Antonio area do not require higher deposits.
Sponsored