dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
So far Sewell Ford is the top notch dealer in terms of deposit, service, knowledge and responsiveness. All my dealers in the San Antonio area do not require higher deposits.
Maybe we're unlucky in Houston... the ones I've talked to don't seem to be very knowledgeable. Reading their BBB complaints scares me a bit, but all of them have complaints.
Sponsored

TXArchitect

First Edition
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Maybe we're unlucky in Houston... the ones I've talked to don't seem to be very knowledgeable. Reading their BBB complaints scares me a bit, but all of them have complaints.
@dreamwrx Try Bluebonnet Ford in New Braunfels. They can do $100 deposit, x-plan and great at customer service.

Nighthawk

First Edition
First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nighthawkboots.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy impala
Just make sure whatever you do that you get in writing before sending your hard earned money out. I have a Sport on order and I'm planning to purchase either way. If I don't like the final product, I'll just drive it until the Big Bronco is ready and do a trade. If I don't think I can hold out, then I'll just go with my initial plan before all this and go for the new Vette. lol

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
I ordered an Outer Banks a few weeks ago. Front Royal Ford in Virginia required no deposit. They also said they didn't see them having a problem selling it if i backed out.

Last edited:

dano0726

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
No deposit other than the reservation -- also, I'm out if dealer attempts any additional dealer markups/ADMs....

We start the Badlands price negotiations at MSRP, then go from there

Jason1114

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
I think it strictly up to your dealership mine is just requiring the $100 originally put down

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
No deposit other than the reservation -- also, I'm out if dealer attempts any additional dealer markups/ADMs....

We start the Badlands price negotiations at MSRP, then go from there
Is it a common consensus that most of the dealers don't budge from MSRP at this time?

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
The more a dealer orders on a single order the greater the discounts for that order. The more who back out the more he has left and the smaller his order will be next time.
Sure he will sell the extras but that may take a month. Smaller dealers need to be careful. My small town dealer hasn't sold one in two weeks now. They were down to two. Now at 4. They've sold 10 and I asked, they never took the first special order on the sport but they have six orders in for the big Bronco . They will sell more I'm sure.
Then there's the what if's,
The big bronco shows.. sport sales drop suddenly.
The Dems flat line the economy...
Corona mutates killing more faster.
Cut your dealer s little slack. Once I found a dealer that did not require that extra down on a special order I'd still go back to my local dealer and give them a chance to do it my way.
Don't make it personal. It's just business...

Last edited:

BaseOrBust

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus
I put down the $100 deposit when reserving, plus the dealership wanted a $1000 deposit when the order was placed. It all depends on the dealership.

Tara

Outer Banks
First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The first person I talked to at the dealership said $500, but then they required a $1000 down payment to actually place my order.

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
I walked into my local dealer ship last night and placed my order for a BS BB w BB pkg. with 0 down. Coming in $500 under invoice, $500 rebate and 0.9% financing....for now. If better rate or rebate at time of delivery, it will be honored.
Sponsored