DersCan

Badlands
First Name
Anders
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
This weekend I was finally able to take my 21 Badlands and do some actual offroading with it. I have been trying to find some places near Halifax, NS and I have a friend who lives near the provincial trail system who offered to take me and show me around. We invited another friend to come with us with his Wrangler, which was great, as for my first time going actually offroad, having another vehicle there upped our confidence.

Ford Bronco Sport Offroading my Badlands in Nova Scotia, Canada PXL_20220319_165801326

When we started on the trail, it starts as a large 2 way logging road, but as you get into the system there are a ton of offshoot trails that go to multiple lakes and loops. We used gaia gps to find trails that looked interesting to go down. As for the Bronco, I was immediately surprised as to how well it did. The main logging road is maintained to a certain extent, but still has alot of washboarding and dips. The suspension in the Bronco soaked it all up, and was surprisingly smooth and comfortable at speed, as well as being easy to control. We eventually found an interesting trail 5km into the system and decided to check it out. It was a single track, not too tight but had quite a big of snow and was quite muddy, resulting in soft ground. I left the sport in normal mode, but for confidence's sake, I locked the 4x4 on.

Ford Bronco Sport Offroading my Badlands in Nova Scotia, Canada PXL_20220319_165614711

Ford Bronco Sport Offroading my Badlands in Nova Scotia, Canada PXL_20220319_175857567

The trail was awesome, and once we got past some snow covered parts we hit some areas that we awesome for finding out how well the Bronco would perform. There were a few hills that were covered in alot of loose rock, and we went up and down one that hit 11 degrees on the inclinometer. Going down the trail, no problem with the 4x4 locked, and on the way back, I engaged the rear locker a couple times and the Bronco didn't even sweat. Ate it all up and climbed the hills no problem. Ground clearance wasn't an issue at all. Touched one rock at one point, and scraped a little snow on the way out due to sinking into some ruts we created. Along the trail we found some camping spots that I'd definitely like to visit again in the summer.

Ford Bronco Sport Offroading my Badlands in Nova Scotia, Canada PXL_20220319_175056730

Over all, the Bronco was unbelievable and I'm surprised at how it handled everything form the snow and mud to the rocky hills. I can't wait to get back out there and do it again this summer in dryer conditions, where I think I'll be more comfortable pushing it even harder.
Sponsored

Bronco307

Badlands
First Name
Kade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 22 Big Bend
Great write up. Can’t wait to try mine out. Should be here in a week or two ??

djrub620zc

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X
That sounds like a thrilling off-roading adventure! Nova Scotia is home to some of the most scenic off-roading trails in Canada. Here are a few of the Best Off Road Driving Trails in Kansas:

1. Kejimkujik National Park: Located in the southern part of Nova Scotia, Kejimkujik National Park is a popular spot for off-roading enthusiasts. The park offers a range of trails that are suitable for all levels of experience, from beginner to advanced.

2. Cape Breton Island: Cape Breton Island is home to some of the most rugged and challenging off-roading trails in Nova Scotia. From rocky terrain to steep inclines, there are plenty of options for thrill-seekers.

3. Old Annapolis Road: This historic road runs through the Annapolis Valley and is a popular spot for off-roading. The road features a mix of gravel and dirt sections, with some challenging terrain that will put your Badlands to the test.

4. The South Shore: The South Shore of Nova Scotia is home to a range of off-roading trails that offer stunning ocean views and challenging terrain. Some popular spots include the Bridgewater Powerline Trail and the LaHave River Trail.

No matter where you decide to go off-roading in Nova Scotia, be sure to follow all safety guidelines and respect the environment to ensure that these trails remain open for future off-roading enthusiasts to enjoy!
Sponsored

Last edited: