jmhpi49

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Anyone using any offroading apps with their BS nav screen? Waze is great on highways. OnX Offroad gets picked up by SYNC. I can't get apps like All Trails or Overland Bound to display. Any ideas?
Sponsored

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Gaia GPS displays on the 8” screen and works very well. I use CarPlay … are you wanting to use an App with Android Auto or CarPlay?

Ford Bronco Sport Favorite Offroading Nav App 1678761649026

Last edited:
OP
OP

jmhpi49

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Gaia GPS displays on the 8” screen and works very well. I use CarPlay … are you wanting to use an App with Android Auto or CarPlay?

Ford Bronco Sport Favorite Offroading Nav App 1678761649026
Android Auto

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
I have to thank both of you. I just signed up for OnX and from everything I read it’s a better choice out west than back east but Gaia is probably a better choice, overall once you start paying the $20-40 a year but it hadn’t even crossed my mind to try to display them on the 8” navigation screen. Will it display the maps for offline use there? My brother has Gaia.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have to thank both of you. I just signed up for OnX and from everything I read it’s a better choice out west than back east but Gaia is probably a better choice, overall once you start paying the $20-40 a year but it hadn’t even crossed my mind to try to display them on the 8” navigation screen. Will it display the maps for offline use there? My brother has Gaia.
@Bluebaru .. for Gaia I create my own routes and I have downloaded maps on Gaia and everything you can display on the iPhone screen shows on the 8” Display. I download for those cases when I am out of cell phone range (using the iPhone only in that case because I haven’t tried yet what carplay will do when the iPhone is out of cell phone range). There might be more info in the video I posted earlier and here is an OnX specific video.

OP
OP

jmhpi49

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I've loaded the Gaia app. Came right up on the SYNC screen. Wouldn't track for too long on the highway. Not sure if it's my phone and cable. I'll change this and see. Nice that you can add the waypoints.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Yes, you can download maps to your phone with Gaia for off-line use. Everything you can display on your phone will display on SYNC via Android Auto.

GroovyGeek

Badlands
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler JK
Caltopo exceeds Gaia and Onyx in every imaginable way - marking of 4WD trails, quality of maps, ease of use, cloud integration, etc. Don't know if it projects on the auto screen though. I tend to run everything off my phone screen which is higher quality, has better touch sensitivity, etc.

OP
OP

jmhpi49

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I downloded the app and it say it isn't available for my vehicle. I'll stick with the Gaia app.

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I'll need to be ready for my next off road trip.

I pulled onto the beach today and I had no cell phone reception. I had onX downloaded on my iPhone but never set up an account. CarPlay saw I had it but I couldn't do anything.

I've really only used All Trails. It seems like a nice little community of trails, either walking, biking, or driving. Are the other apps similar?
Sponsored