JohnnyBronco

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I sometimes get this strange rattle when my BB is coasting and downshifts while in lower gears, usually around 20-25mph. No shuddering or anything that feels out of place. It doesn't sound like the old familiar valve rattle, but I notice this typically when going up/down small'short rolling hills and giving very little application to the accelerator or when firmly (not hard) braking and the vehicle downshifts. I've never owned anything with less that six cylinders, so maybe it's no big deal. It's hard to replicate on-demand unless the planets align, or I would have taken a a trip to the dealer already. Anyone else notice this or have any suggestions?
Sponsored

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Take it in.
Prolly simple.
But still, could get worse.
Brand new , I'd check for an overinflated tire first, when cold.
At's what a warranty is for.
I'd not wait..

ZXBRONCO

Outer Banks
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
274dfgh
Could this just be an odd sounding downshifting phase? I think it's only audible at the slower speed range if I'm hearing the same thing

henry16

Badlands
First Name
henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
I think I have the same situation but don't know what it is

Nancy B

Big Bend
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Sounds like this?
This is the exact thing mine is doing also!
I took it to the dealer and they thought it was a loose cable I. He firewall. I went and got it, and it isn’t fixed. They thought it was. So I am going to take it to a bigger dealer. Something is not right.

OP
OP

JohnnyBronco

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Sounds like this?
I've listened to this on some headphones finally.. I think this is pretty close to what I'm hearing. Seems to be most prevalent when it downshift under 40mph, though I have now noticed it when it is downshifting near a stop under 10-15mph.

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Turbo noise? Sounds like it's coming from the drivers side firewall under the dash?
I've heard others talk about this being a noise the turbo makes on deceleration.

OP
OP

JohnnyBronco

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Turbo noise? Sounds like it's coming from the drivers side firewall under the dash?
I've heard others talk about this being a noise the turbo makes on deceleration.
That's the location, alright. Never had anything with turbo, so can't say 100L% to that. Bought a mic and routed it under the hood. I could hear it inside the cabin but could not hear it clearly on the recording - everything sounded tip top on th recording.

OP
OP

JohnnyBronco

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
That's the location, alright. Never had anything with turbo, so can't say 100L% to that. Bought a mic and routed it under the hood. I could hear it inside the cabin but could not hear it clearly on the recording - everything sounded tip top on th recording.
Though I should say now, it is MOST noticable when gears downshift, it does not do it when immediately letting off the accelerator like I'm seeing in some if these turbo rattle videos. The sound accompanied a downshift when RPMs are low and shoot up to around 2k rpm in the lower gear. Occasionally when shifting up climbing a short hill

run5498

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Have the same issue--really bothered and concerned about this noise. Anyone find any answers?

PetariJ

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’ve only just started noticing the whirring sound along with the weird rattle. I don’t remember it on my test drives or around town the last two days, unless it’s because I’ve always had the radio playing. Going to call my dealership tomorrow too. Never had anything less than V6 before

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Not sure if mine is exactly the same but I'll share.
Same location. Sounds like air that is stuck in a valve or fluid line.
After 1700 mi its better than it was but still happens "around" 2-3rd gear, low rpm, up and down shift. The harder I drive or take it off road, will make it a little worse.

I'm leaning towards transmissio n...