First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Wont they issue a recall/fix via mail once their analysis is done?
Usually a TSB which describes the issue and how it can be solved. The TSB help dealers diagnose make the repairs for a known issue.
Sponsored

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS, 2018 F150, 2014 Focus, 2013 Escape
Wont they issue a recall/fix via mail once their analysis is done?
Once they determine the problem they will issue a TSB or if they can identify specific vehicles affected notify owners through a "customer satisfaction program"

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Lets hope it does not turn out like the ticking 5.0 mustang engines where Ford releases memos and says noises are normal and cause no harm. The '18 and up 5.0 mustangs also had the "2k rattle" where cruising around 2,000 rpms engine would rattle. I think that one was thought to be a valve in intake manifold and not sure if any fix was ever found.

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lets hope it does not turn out like the ticking 5.0 mustang engines where Ford releases memos and says noises are normal and cause no harm. The '18 and up 5.0 mustangs also had the "2k rattle" where cruising around 2,000 rpms engine would rattle. I think that one was thought to be a valve in intake manifold and not sure if any fix was ever found.
Or the infamous PowerShift 6 speed DCT (DPS6). Have one in my 2014 Focus. That's the third model year so many of the bugs were worked out by then. I got a revised clutch and extended warranty but otherwise has been fine. But - yeah - Ford tried convince customers for a long time the shift characteristics were "normal". The courts thought otherwise.

The transmission in BS has been out for a year in the Escape and I haven't found any major issues in my research on it. Hopefully just a relative few BSs have an issue - just a blip on the radar and not a design defect

run5498

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Or the infamous PowerShift 6 speed DCT (DPS6). Have one in my 2014 Focus. That's the third model year so many of the bugs were worked out by then. I got a revised clutch and extended warranty but otherwise has been fine. But - yeah - Ford tried convince customers for a long time the shift characteristics were "normal". The courts thought otherwise.

The transmission in BS has been out for a year in the Escape and I haven't found any major issues in my research on it. Hopefully just a relative few BSs have an issue - just a blip on the radar and not a design defect
How goes it w/your BB? My service dept. now says the new transmission is on backorder--there is no ETA as to when they'll receive and they were saying it will likely be another month.

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How goes it w/your BB? My service dept. now says the new transmission is on backorder--there is no ETA as to when they'll receive and they were saying it will likely be another month.
The transmission for mine is in they are just waiting on a part to complete the install. The part was supposed to come in yesterday. I don't know what part specifically - not allowed to reuse the old part in question? Revised part? I'll take that is a good sign that they are doing it by the book. My case got some kind of expediated review and approval from Ford. Not sure if that is or is not related to them "finding" a transmission. I checked the Ford parts website and it does indicate the transmission is on backorder. Maybe I got the last one? Who knows - maybe they were able to locate one in stock at another dealer somewhere?

PetariJ

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Called my dealer. They said that a cable for the ebrake release did not fit its sleeve properly and was vibrating. They used a stethoscope basically to find it.

The part that hasn't arrived yet is called as written in their computer as "cable assembly selector lever control". Hopefully this helps.

jhutcheson28

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL + BL
I'm having the same issue. A grinding noise that sounds like a shovel dragging the ground when slowing down from around 30 mph. Took it to dealer today and service manager said something isn't right.
He did say they checked everything and it's safe to drive.

They're opening a case with Ford so I'll be brining it back in a few days so they can gut it.

Areaman

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Sadly also hearing this noise now on my BL. Started noticing it at 800 miles in. Always at low speeds and especially when turning or cornering. The shovel dragging on a hard surface is exactly what it sounds like.

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it sounds like this itā€™s very likely your transmission. I just had mine replaced under warranty. Thanks to BSideBootLeg over on the ā€˜On this episode of is this noise normal threadā€ who captured the exact noise I was hearing perfectly. Dealer might try and tell you itā€™s the shift cable. Itā€™s not.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Believe this same issue is on another thread and thought to post here as well. I took my BB to Ford to have it looked at and they confirmed there is something wrong. They told me they need more time with the vehicle to figure out exactly what is the problem--but said they suspect it's something to do with the transmission oil cooler. So, for all those that are experiencing engine rattles, I'd advise to bring back your BS to Ford as soon as you can because there is a legit problem--
???? ridiculous to have to do this with a new car.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
If it sounds like this itā€™s very likely your transmission. I just had mine replaced under warranty. Thanks to BSideBootLeg over on the ā€˜On this episode of is this noise normal threadā€ who captured the exact noise I was hearing perfectly. Dealer might try and tell you itā€™s the shift cable. Itā€™s not.
Getting that sound, hopefully dealer will make it right. I mean I canā€™t force them to replace transmission.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
dealer canā€™t get me in for a couple weeks. Should I even drive it? What do you think?

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dealer canā€™t get me in for a couple weeks. Should I even drive it? What do you think?
We put about 1400 miles on before bringing it in. Probably okay to drive around locally. Maybe avoid long road trips.
Sponsored