Odd, Soft Rattle Noise at Low Speed/RPM When Downshifting at Low Gear

run5498

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Believe this same issue is on another thread and thought to post here as well. I took my BB to Ford to have it looked at and they confirmed there is something wrong. They told me they need more time with the vehicle to figure out exactly what is the problem--but said they suspect it's something to do with the transmission oil cooler. So, for all those that are experiencing engine rattles, I'd advise to bring back your BS to Ford as soon as you can because there is a legit problem--
Sponsored

AxKnight

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Iā€™m glad I found this thread and know that Iā€™m not alone. Had mine for a few days and the sound just started in the last 24 hours. Seems to mimic exactly what everyone is describing and itā€™s bothersome at less than 500 miles driven. If anyone gets an answer, please post it here so I know what to tell the dealership instead of them guessing and it never getting fixed.

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS, 2018 F150, 2014 Focus, 2013 Escape
Check the thread "On this episode of 'is this noise normal'"

There are several threads referring to transmission noises occurring in a variety of situations. Mine has been isolated to the shift cable others possibly something with the oil cooler. Maybe both?

I'm hoping to find out sometime today and will post on the "On this episode....." thread when I hear something.

rickmorton

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have almost the same issue, but might be a bit different. When I'm rolling to a stop, and the car is downshifting to 1st or 2nd, I get this shudder - like the braking and downshifting are competing with each other for a second. Haven't been to the dealer, but might have to do that.

PetariJ

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Semi-update, car has been in the shop for 24 hours. They say they definitely hear it and itā€™s not normal. Theyā€™re still trying to pinpoint whatā€™s going on. They hope to have an answer this afternoon

Thoconnor

First Edition
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco sport
I am having a similar issue. I just brought my first edition a week ago and when the car is at 2000 rpm I hear this soft buzzing sound, almost like there is a locus in my engine. It is very faint but noticeable. It happens when the car is accelerating or slowing down, even when it is coasting.

I am going to take it to theFord dealership tomorrow. I am curious, did you ever find out the source of your problem?
Semi-update, car has been in the shop for 24 hours. They say they definitely hear it and itā€™s not normal. Theyā€™re still trying to pinpoint whatā€™s going on. They hope to have an answer this afternoon
aving

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS, 2018 F150, 2014 Focus, 2013 Escape
I am going to take it to theFord dealership tomorrow. I am curious, did you ever find out the source of your problem?
Not sure if mine has same or similar issue (see 'On this episode of is this noise normal thread') - they replaced the shift cable thinking that was rattling around. Did not fix the problem. They decided to go ahead and put a whole new transmission in. I have no details about what they think the problem is. Still waiting to get it back. They've had it for what will be 2 weeks on Friday.

run5498

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Not sure if mine has same or similar issue (see 'On this episode of is this noise normal thread') - they replaced the shift cable thinking that was rattling around. Did not fix the problem. They decided to go ahead and put a whole new transmission in. I have no details about what they think the problem is. Still waiting to get it back. They've had it for what will be 2 weeks on Friday.
My new transmission's ETA is not until June 7...I dropped the car off on May 6. I asked about Ford covering the insurance until I get my vehicle back (the least they can do to compensate for this situation) Fortunately my dealership is great and they're on top of everything and opening a case/requesting this.

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
My dealer just took a drive and thought it might be a fuel pressure solenoid or high pressure fuel pump. Says he's heard similar noises on other Fords and replacing it doesn't always work. And that's if ford gives them the ok. I guess in the past they have said that's just how it is. If that's the answer I'm not going down without a serious fight. Digging into it tomorrow and said he'll check all the reports to and from ford.
I'll let y'all know

run5498

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My dealer just took a drive and thought it might be a fuel pressure solenoid or high pressure fuel pump. Says he's heard similar noises on other Fords and replacing it doesn't always work. And that's if ford gives them the ok. I guess in the past they have said that's just how it is. If that's the answer I'm not going down without a serious fight. Digging into it tomorrow and said he'll check all the reports to and from ford.
I'll let y'all know
Interesting, my service department definitely said the noise is not okay and it's not normal.

PetariJ

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I am having a similar issue. I just brought my first edition a week ago and when the car is at 2000 rpm I hear this soft buzzing sound, almost like there is a locus in my engine. It is very faint but noticeable. It happens when the car is accelerating or slowing down, even when it is coasting.

aving
Iā€™m waiting to hear back from them. They tried explaining to to me over the phone and I didnā€™t understand it. When I picked the car up, the guy who knew the supposed issue wasnā€™t there. Iā€™m waiting for a part they ordered to arrive. Iā€™ll call directly again tomorrow to have them explain it again or email me the specifics.. They told me the car was still driveable in the meanwhile so Iā€™ve had it with me still issue and all haha.

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
I hear the same rattle/clacking noise while slowing down. With 59,000 miles left on my warranty, Iā€˜m in no hurry to have a hack mechanic rooting around in my engine bay with no clue what heā€™s looking for. Will wait for Ford to figure it out and issue an official solution.

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
I hear the same rattle/clacking noise while slowing down. With 59,000 miles left on my warranty, Iā€˜m in no hurry to have a hack mechanic rooting around in my engine bay with no clue what heā€™s looking for. Will wait for Ford to figure it out and issue an official solution.
Wont they issue a recall/fix via mail once their analysis is done?
Sponsored