Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Gang, I just received word from a friend of Jon's I met when I visited a few weeks ago: Jon passed away today. :confused:

I've asked for information regarding services; I'll pass along more info when I get it. For now, please keep Jon's family and friends in your thoughts. :please:
Thank you Mark. Sorry to read the news, but now there is no more pain... That is the only real certainty, will face death at some point. May God give rest to him an his family!

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
RIP Pigpen
It was a tough way to go for him. Knowing had to be the worst along with the pain.

redbucky2022

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Hot Pepper Red BS
@Pigpen Have you sold your bronco yet? This may be odd to some, but if you have not and you have enough strength.. I'd love to take you out one last time for a real drive in your Bronco, if not mine. I've always told my family it would be my last wish. I'm not far from you and would love to see you smile doing something you love.

EDIT- Looks like I'm too late 😪. Just rolled back through the comments. RIP Pigpen hope you got one hell of a Bronco up high.

Last edited:

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Gang, I just received word from a friend of Jon's I met when I visited a few weeks ago: Jon passed away today. :confused:

I've asked for information regarding services; I'll pass along more info when I get it. For now, please keep Jon's family and friends in your thoughts. :please:
Rest in peace. May his memory be a blessing.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
UPDATE:

I've been corresponding with John's sister, Cyndi Edens. She told me that "John" is actually the correct spelling for his name, not "Jon" as shown on his user profile. I guess Jon was having a bit of fun with us!

I asked about services or other remembrances; Cyndi said John requested cremation and no services. I plan to make a donation to the American Lung Association in John's name (see below). If you would like to as well send me a private message and I'll get you Cyndi's email address so she can get a notification.

I sent Cyndi a link to John's original post announcing his illness so she could see all the encouragement and support sent to him from everyone here. She asked me to post the following to you all:

Cyndi Edens said:
John P. Blankenship. "aka Pigpen" LOL! He got that right! Yes, please post that he passed peacefully & pain free last night at 8:00. He finally got to sleep in a bed after many years. They moved him from his recliner a few hours before he passed. Not sure if he knew it though. If you will send me Bronco link again later with additional comments I would appreciate it. It was good to read everyone's encouraging words. Thx!!
Every time I visited John he complained bitterly about not being able to sleep in a bed, so I'm pretty sure he knew. I guess once they moved him to a bed he decided he was never getting out of it. :clap:

At any rate, it's heartwarming for me to see everyone here who took the time to make John's life a little bit better before he crossed the river. Thank you all!

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
John is at peace now. He will be missed by all here.

Perhaps this site could create a memorial on this site.
Sponsored