rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
Flushing the system stops water pump leaks. Interesting.

tjbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Subaru Outback
My water pump is being replaced next week (dripping but still drivable). I am at about 30K miles. Its on this forum in other places, but if your pump fails, be sure to get the newer pump (PN HX7Z-8501-B). I may ask to keep the old pump - I would like to take it apart to see what is going on with these. I am assuming it is either the bearing or the seal that is failing.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The way I'm reading this, you flush the system BEFORE replacing a bad water pump. This implies coolant contamination with debris from the failed pump. My guess is if you leave debris from a failed pump in the system it will damage the new pump.

BroncoSportNY

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Funny you should post this, I just had my Bronco Sport into the dealer for an oil change and state inspection, the mechanic found a coolant leak and replaced the water pump as per the TSB. They did a great job and covered it under warranty so no charge! I have attached a scan of my invoice so you may see the part numbers and work performed.

Attachments

Rogerthat898

Big Bend
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Funny you should post this, I just had my Bronco Sport into the dealer for an oil change and state inspection, the mechanic found a coolant leak and replaced the water pump as per the TSB. They did a great job and covered it under warranty so no charge! I have attached a scan of my invoice so you may see the part numbers and work performed.
Are you sure the dealer performed the coolant flush?
It looks like only 2 gallons of coolant was billed and there is no mention of doing a flush in the notes.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The work order didn't mention a system flush. You might consider contacting your service department and discussing.

FB71

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Festiva, '94 F-150, '04 Town Car, '24 BS/FW
The work order didn't mention a system flush. You might consider contacting your service department and discussing.
Service bulletin was released on 3/14. His RO is dated 3/8. The dealer wouldn't have been aware of the flushing protocol.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Service bulletin was released on 3/14. His RO is dated 3/8. The dealer wouldn't have been aware of the flushing protocol.
I saw that. Doesn't preclude discussing the issue.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands