wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I, like a lot of other owners, was having issues with the wireless charging.

I bought my 2021 BL used in January and the wireless charging was constantly having screen pop ups saying charging terminated, phone out of alignment or an obstruction causing issues.

Then going back to saying charging active. Back and forth constantly, even if the phone never moved. It got to the point I wouldn't use it since it was so annoying. I have the I phone 14 Pro Max.

I also had issues with the power steering dead upon start up, usually after the vehicle had been sitting overnight.

It would be active after a couple seconds after startup.

I had the dealer do TSB 22-2485 for the charging issue, and SSM 51812 for the P.S. issue.

I can say the charging issue has been fixed, and I believe also the P.S. issue, but I'll have to see how that works out over the next week or so to on numerous startups.

So, I give a thumbs up to getting these done if you are also having these issues.
Sponsored

Attachments

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
QUOTE:
“… 2021 BL … wireless charging was constantly having screen pop ups saying charging terminated, phone out of alignment or an obstruction causing issues … I have the iPhone 14 Pro Max…
I had the dealer do TSB 22-2485 for the charging issue, I can say the charging issue has been fixed.”
END QUOTE

Adding a cross-reference to this post:

https://www.broncosportforum.com/ford-tsb-22-2485-wireless-charger-inoperative-poor-performance-with-magsafe-charging-iphones/

OP
OP
wireman

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
FYI, I had a loaner vehicle while getting this done. 2020 Ford Escape with the 1.5L 3 cylinder.

It had
adequate power, but I'm sure glad I have the 2.0 in the BL. Those with the 1.5, don't be offended. It's just my opinion on how both drive.

I'm sure if I had a 1.5 I could live with it. Owning 3 previous Ford's with the 2.0 has me spoiled and I didn't want to change.
Sponsored