IronMikeGolf

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, BS OB
Watching this thread and build numbers. I have a BB base, my SYNC 3 version is 3.4 and my build is 20136_PRODUCT and vehicle says up to date.. But a 20282 is of course newer update than mine. My BB is connected to house WiFi. It may seem that the OB SYNC might have more capabilities?
Could be. OB has a different IP display.

On the other hand, I did the update via download to USB stick. Same Synch4 build for my 2019 F-150.
Had a follow-up call with the sales manager today. I mentioned this and he said he was going to talk to an engineer about some other owner's repair order (dunno what model vehicle) and said he mention this. I told him all my steps for the Synch3 upgrade. He mentioned bringing it in for the techs to reapply the upgrade.

Meeting him tomorrow (free wash day) and I'll see what's up.
They want to put the scanner on it. Appt set for week after next, after we get back from our Carolinas trip.
Sponsored

OP
OP
radioboy77

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
So this is crazy... 20282 has been PULLED from the Ford Sync update website. Now when I plug in my VIN... it tells me that 20136 is "Up To Date" - which, well, is what my B.S. came with. Must have found a bug or issue... I can't find any details on this but I'm still installed with 20282.

Last edited:
OP
OP
radioboy77

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Do you have navigation by chance?I think that maybe the issue.
I do but I updated via the Ford site a few weeks ago when I first created this thread. Strange they would pull the update and not notify anyone who was on it like myself.

Reactions: Jrl

IronMikeGolf

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, BS OB
Could be. OB has a different IP display.

On the other hand, I did the update via download to USB stick. Same Synch4 build for my 2019 F-150.

They want to put the scanner on it. Appt set for week after next, after we get back from our Carolinas trip.
Had the appt Wed and the problem was resolved. Essentially, disable the lock sensors all around in the Sync settings. Then re-enable them. Lift gate unlock sensor now works.

Apparently, the update disabled the sensor, but the Sync3 thought it was enabled.

OP
OP
radioboy77

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Had the appt Wed and the problem was resolved. Essentially, disable the lock sensors all around in the Sync settings. Then re-enable them. Lift gate unlock sensor now works.

Apparently, the update disabled the sensor, but the Sync3 thought it was enabled.
Curious what sensor you mean...where in Sync is that located? I don't know if I have this problem or not because I'm not sure where to look?

IronMikeGolf

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, BS OB
Curious what sensor you mean...where in Sync is that located? I don't know if I have this problem or not because I'm not sure where to look?
There's two on the lift gate. One for the lift gate and one for the rear glass. They unlock when you have the key close enough and you push the latch button.

OP
OP
radioboy77

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
There's two on the lift gate. One for the lift gate and one for the rear glass. They unlock when you have the key close enough and you push the latch button.
Right... I know that. I thought you meant that the Sync update had something in the software regarding the latches...but mine still works just fine. Where in Sync would you see that control?

IronMikeGolf

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, BS OB
Right... I know that. I thought you meant that the Sync update had something in the software regarding the latches...but mine still works just fine. Where in Sync would you see that control?
I was referring to the update since immediately after the update, the liftgate sensor no longer worked.

In Sync, I think it's Vehicle/Locks/Intelligent Access.

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
Are you on a Mac or PC? I had to switch to a PC to get the Sport to read the USB correctly even though I followed Ford’s instructions.
For those who use Macs and can't get the updates to work I figured out the issue. When you unzip the file it is supposed to create a folder called SyncMyRide and have most of the files in that folder. On a Mac you will notice that they are all in the parent folder and there is no other folder. Create a SyncMyRide folder and then move all of the files the begin with SyncMyRide\. Then rename them to delete the SyncMyRide\ part of the file names.

The problem comes from the fact that Windows uses \ to distinguish subfolders and Apple/UNIX uses / to distinguish subfolders. Ford doesn't make a different zip file for Windows vs Mac so the filenames are messed up for Mac users.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I knew there was a newer version of Sync 3.4 out when the sport Launched, but to be fair, 136 was pretty new too and thats what got installed at the factory.

I have noticed 136 is kinda laggy, especially at startup.

282 from what I have seen is mostly more refinements and bug fixes. I am running this version on a 2017 ford escape on older hardware and it does very well. I am hoping it improves the same on the BS on the proper hardware no less.
I appreciate the input from a technical knowledge perspective!

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Tells me there is a new version 3.4.21194 available. Anybody install it yet?

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Fusion Hybrid, '20 Escape Hybrid
Yes. It's rolling out now. This addresses all of the TravelLink problems among other items. That'll just be the most obvious fix.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I was referring to the update since immediately after the update, the liftgate sensor no longer worked.

In Sync, I think it's Vehicle/Locks/Intelligent Access.
I had this happen twice after an update... If using WiFi, if the download doesn't finish downloading from a loss of connection it still loads thinking it's correct. Tailgate stopped working both times. I took it to the dealer they installed the last update over. Problem these days is getting a dealer service appointment so now I keep auto updates off so I can install when I have time.

OP
OP
radioboy77

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I just installed it. Seems fine so far. New dialog for Wireless Charging... it's a full-screen notification now when you place your phone on the pad. Seems faster overall as well. Not sure what else might be different just yet. Still checking around. I updated via USB. Was MUCH harder to find on Ford's newly designed website. Wish they hadn't changed anything.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Installed it earlier today off of USB too. Seems laggier to me. Other than that no issue I could detect.
Sponsored