Dennis Kilbride

Big Bend
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Take a look. See what you think it could be. Seemed to get wet and then leak down from inside hood?

Ford Bronco Sport Mystery white powder coming out of hood bronco sport mystery white powder
Sponsored

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I think the rain and wind force gets the tetralubisol on the hood latch wet and that is the runoff. Every now and then it's a good idea to re-treat the hinges and latches on the doors and such.

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I think the rain and wind force gets the tetralubisol on the hood latch wet and that is the runoff. Every now and then it's a good idea to re-treat the hinges and latches on the doors and such.
I'm having a hard time finding tetralubisol at the local AutoZone. What else can we use? I have lithium spray grease and silicone spray.

What about the rubber gaskets? I used to put Shin-itsu grease on my Accord.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I use the lithium spray on some of the parts. Somewhere I have an actual stick of door lube. It's like a giant chapstick/glue stick made for car door latches. I bet Ford parts counter has an official product. Not that I endorse Ford parts, but you can find out what it is and then buy the same thing at the regular store or compare the price. Ford is pretty decent price on some stuff.

kshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport;350Z;Hybrid Escape
If you are detailing your engine, avoid using Simple Green or similar. It will cause white powder on your aluminum parts. That is corrosion. If you want to use Simple Green, get the NASCAR or Aviation version which is not corrosive.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Call me crazy, but it kind of looks like what happens when we have a severe storm here in NC and the pollen just gets blasted off the trees. Pollen mixes with rain, often sideways rain, and trickles into my gas cap and under my hood. There are streaks of watery pollen in all the nooks and crannies from some wild storms we've had this week.

OP
OP
Dennis Kilbride

Dennis Kilbride

Big Bend
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
It's all over under the hood. I checked the grill...nothing. I saved a sample.

Ford Bronco Sport Mystery white powder coming out of hood DSC00474pm

Ford Bronco Sport Mystery white powder coming out of hood mystery white residue

Ford Bronco Sport Mystery white powder coming out of hood DSC00479pm

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Clean it off. Then keep an eye on it through the summer to see if it reappears.

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I use the lithium spray on some of the parts. Somewhere I have an actual stick of door lube. It's like a giant chapstick/glue stick made for car door latches. I bet Ford parts counter has an official product. Not that I endorse Ford parts, but you can find out what it is and then buy the same thing at the regular store or compare the price. Ford is pretty decent price on some stuff.
I forgot if I asked here or somewhere else, but I was looking for a good wheel and tire cleaner a while back. I tried a couple and one from Meguiar's worked really well.

I noticed Ford sells a wheel and tire cleaner that's about 1/3 of the cost. I'm going to pick some up and see how that works. 1/3 is pretty decent price!
Sponsored