MPGs

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
On the way back to OK from Taos got the best mileage to date. Maybe the engine is breaking in. Run in normal mode with A/C on and cruise set at 80. First 75 miles was mountains, ran in manual, mostly in 5th and 6th. Had a brisk cross wind most of the way. BL/BL.

Ford Bronco Sport MPGs 51261252126_eec4479545_o
Sponsored

Last edited:

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
On the way back to OK from Taos got the best mileage to date. Maybe the engine is breaking in. Run in normal mode with A/C on and cruise set at 80. First 75 miles was mountains, ran in manual, mostly in 5th and 6th. Had a brisk cross wind most of the way. BL/BL.

Ford Bronco Sport MPGs 51261252126_eec4479545_o
I hate to be negative, but do the math. My last odometer to gas pump meter check was 5% lower than the BS computer. I would still be happy with that even running 93. :like:

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Mine is still down from a high of 33mpg on the highway a month or so ago. Drove it this past weekend to a baseball tournament and could only average 27mpg at best on the highway. I am at 3800 miles now and when I was averaging 33mpg on the highway I was around 1800 miles. Also, the miles to empty has dropped on a fill up from 460ish miles to empty to a consistent 360/370 miles to empty now.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I hate to be negative, but do the math. My last odometer to gas pump meter check was 5% lower than the BS computer. I would still be happy with that even running 93. :like:
I'm not anal about mpg. My driving habits aren't geared around mileage, but getting from A to B. The computer is accurate enough to tell me this is excellent mileage on a vehicle rated at 26mpg. BTW running 87 octane.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
The problem with comparing it to a manual calculation is that some pumps will turn off a bit quicker than others, causing a bit of extra gas in one tank but less gas in another. Donā€˜t forget that the pump itself is not 100% accurate, they have a tolerance as well.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
Anyways, if 40% harshness generates 28mpg, the 100% excellent rating must be unbelievable, if not also be unattainable.
Iā€™ve used those insurance trackers and ended up saving a bit of money on insurance doing so. The trick is having another car to drive while the ā€œtrackedā€ car sits and is barely used.?

Iā€™m not sure what percentage of ā€œexcellentā€ this short trip was, but it proves that a light foot and constant speed do reward you:
Ford Bronco Sport MPGs 9776B11A-5A4F-489A-A7B3-9EDC0357119F

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Iā€™ve used those insurance trackers and ended up saving a bit of money on insurance doing so. The trick is having another car to drive while the ā€œtrackedā€ car sits and is barely used.?

Iā€™m not sure what percentage of ā€œexcellentā€ this short trip was, but it proves that a light foot and constant speed do reward you:
Ford Bronco Sport MPGs 9776B11A-5A4F-489A-A7B3-9EDC0357119F
50 mile an hour tail wind and downhill? :crackup:

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
The problem with comparing it to a manual calculation is that some pumps will turn off a bit quicker than others, causing a bit of extra gas in one tank but less gas in another. Donā€˜t forget that the pump itself is not 100% accurate, they have a tolerance as well.
I agree the gas meters can be off, but they are supposed to be tested regularly and sealed for tamper resistance, where there is no testing or enforcement required for the sensors measuring the gas usage for the computer calculates. If you will note occasionally you see pumps with the date and time of the last testing. Usually in a punched out paper form.

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Hoo these numbers on Badlands have got me jealous. If I baby it, use eco on highways, and stay out of Sport, then I'll get 24 average on my hour long commute round trip, picking up the kids everyday 5 days a week, premium gas. If I have fun and use that Sport mode...20mpg.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Hoo these numbers on Badlands have got me jealous. If I baby it, use eco on highways, and stay out of Sport, then I'll get 24 average on my hour long commute round trip, picking up the kids everyday 5 days a week, premium gas. If I have fun and use that Sport mode...20mpg.
put an egg under your foot...not really...but if you IMAGINE it...that helps. I've had a hard pedal for years. I am trying to make the best of this badlands.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
The best advice I heard on getting good mpg is to avoid braking. There's some deeper thought in that than "just don't stop". It's about keeping your energy, the energy you used to get to speed. Braking cancels that energy. Hard braking wastes that energy. So if you can plan your acceleration and limit your braking... Think of catching all of the green lights without going onto the brakes.