Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw
FYI '19+ Ranger uses the same size lugs. Only difference is that it takes 6 per rim vs 5 per rim on BS. So, in addition to the other vehicles listed as compatible in this thread, '19+ Ranger lugs will work as well.
Sponsored

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport Badlands, 2019 VW Golf R
I had swollen lug nuts on my 2015 escape in for service once that they could not get off. Ended up needing to replace the lug nuts and the hub assembly on the driver side under warranty as a result. Gave me a rental while they did this. My boss at work had the same thing on an F150 so count your blessings if you haven't had this happen ever.

If anyone find actual good quality lug nuts here for the BS that wont rust out please post so as I'm fearful of the swollen lug nut problem. It was the Ford dealer's garage that told me how common a problem this is.
Ask and you shall receive. Both of these look like they're available in the right spec to work on the sport, titanium is never gonna rust, and both companies make awesome products, but its gonna cost you... That said they are some of the nicest nuts you're ever gonna see. The racesengs in particular are beautiful.

https://titan-7.com/products/titan-7-o-w-l-lug-nuts?variant=29433153618008

https://raceseng.com/products/lug-nuts

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Ask and you shall receive. Both of these look like they're available in the right spec to work on the sport, titanium is never gonna rust, and both companies make awesome products, but its gonna cost you... That said they are some of the nicest nuts you're ever gonna see. The racesengs in particular are beautiful.

https://titan-7.com/products/titan-7-o-w-l-lug-nuts?variant=29433153618008

https://raceseng.com/products/lug-nuts
Wow, those are some expensive lug nuts! I'm not sure you need titanium to prevent rust. Any lug nuts with a quality coating should be fine. I found these on Amazon after a brief search.

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
My new Bronco Sport is sitting in my garage next to my 1994 Explorer Sport. After 27 years the Explorer has the same original lug nuts which are the same two piece used on the Bronco. They must be OK.
I owned many Fords with the two piece lug nuts. For years I read about the swelling issue... and wondered about it because it's a problem I never personally had, and I change out tires on our vehicles twice a year: summer to winter and winter to summer. Then it happened to me with my 2017 Escape and I understood firsthand what so many have experienced. Now just last week I noticed a couple of swollen lugs on my wife's 2018 Ecosport and we've ordered replacement lugs for her vehicle.

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
I tried to purchase replacement lugs using the M12 1.5s and the first set I bought had the wrong pitch and diameter at the rim. The parts guy suggested I go right to FORD OEM for locking lugs to ensure quality fit and avoid warranty issues. I just went to the dealer to pick up my plate and they had the OEM locking lugs in the parts area. Gave me a new car discount. I will eventually try to locate the right lugs to swap out the ones factory installed.
These work:
DPAccessories D3116-HT-2305/16 16 Chrome 12x1.5 Closed End Bulge Acorn Lug Nuts - Cone Seat - 19mm Hex

and these I've had on my Escape for a couple of years now and no rust or other issues:
ABN Wheel Lug Nuts 20-Pack, M12 x 1.5 Chrome Lug Nuts JDM – 1.4in Tall, 3/4in 19mm Hex Wheel Lugs – Acorn Cone Nut

Last edited:

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport Badlands, 2019 VW Golf R
Wow, those are some expensive lug nuts! I'm not sure you need titanium to prevent rust. Any lug nuts with a quality coating should be fine. I found these on Amazon after a brief search.
I was just giving the man what he asked for :). Eventually any steel lugs will rust at least a bit (at least if you live somewhere that sees road salt). Even good coatings only go so far when going up against a torque wrench/breaker bar/air tools. Nicks are inevitable. Plastic caps are another alternative if youre ocd and it bothers you. I was unaware of the swelling issue w the stock nuts so I may be swapping but titanium probably won’t be on the table.

Last edited:

Jenma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 15 Mustang GT 50 yr, 22 Corsair
I was just giving the man what he asked for :). Eventually any steel lugs will rust at least a bit (at least if you live somewhere that sees road salt). Even good coatings only go so far when going up against a torque wrench/breaker bar/air tools. Nicks are inevitable. Plastic caps are another alternative if youre ocd and it bothers you. I was unaware of the swelling issue w the stock nuts so I may be swapping but titanium probably won’t be on the table.
These work:
DPAccessories D3116-HT-2305/16 16 Chrome 12x1.5 Closed End Bulge Acorn Lug Nuts - Cone Seat - 19mm Hex

and these I've had on my Escape for a couple of years now and now rust or other issue:
ABN Wheel Lug Nuts 20-Pack, M12 x 1.5 Chrome Lug Nuts JDM – 1.4in Tall, 3/4in 19mm Hex Wheel Lugs – Acorn Cone Nut

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
I want to replace my chrome OEM lug nuts with black one-piece. Does the optional steely look wheel take the same lug nut as the stock wheel, DP Lug Nuts ?

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I would not do "open end" lug nuts if rust is a concern. That is just asking for the studs to rust and make it hard (impossible) to get the lugs off, not to mention the looks of rusting studs.

I always put a little anti-seize on the lugs and have yet to have rust at all. You have to be careful with the stuff though, or else:
Ford Bronco Sport Lug Nuts 1648745717257

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
  1. Improved design - this replacement lug nut changes the original two-piece design to one piece for greater reliability Unlike the steel cap lug nuts, our one-piece design doesn’t swell nor delaminate after exposure to moisture. Giving you peace of mind.
  2. Thoroughly tested - part has undergone proof load, salt spray, hardness, and thread check testing to meet strict standards
Amazon purchase For those looking for a reasonable alternative. Hard to beat $21 for a set of 20. Fit no issues. I handspun them on so they all grabbed and threaded perfectly. Used a torque wrench to 100FT/LB Now I feel like I need to use black touchup on the McGuard lock nuts. Not buying matching lugs, already paid $40 through the dealer for those when I bought the Bronco.
For those searching, the Lincoln MKZ premier trim 2018 uses the same fit, not a lot of places carry the Bronco Sport lugs specifically...but it's the same thing.
Hi you wouldn’t know by chance which lock but I can order? I bought the set you recommended but I want to get the black lock nut as well.

Last edited:

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
I want to replace my chrome OEM lug nuts with black one-piece. Does the optional steely look wheel take the same lug nut as the stock wheel, DP Lug Nuts ?
I have the black DP’s on my “steelie’s”. They look great and fit w/out problem. Been on BS @ (2) yrs with no complaints
Sponsored