Large chip in my hood 😭 What would you do?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I can't tell where on the hood that is but you could buy an Aeroskin II and cover it. Also, since the hood is aluminum, there is no risk of rust forming so other than the blemish, it's really not going to hurt anything.
Sponsored

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I can relate to your anxiety. Today I washed my Bronco Sport and noticed the first paint chip on the lip of the hood. I had family down from out of state visiting for six days. We drove everyday that they were here and hit the highway numerous times. Getting paint chips/stone chips is inevitable on the highway unfortunately. It's always devastating witnessing that first paint chip. But after a week or two, I'm already over it and can stop obsessing over the car looking perfect. Then I won't be afraid of more damage hitting the car since it isn't perfect anymore to begin with. The chip isn't nearly as severe as yours is but it still upset me considering we've only had it for two months. It's broken in I guess. 😞

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
... dread the first paint chip ...
I quickly curbed a wheel on my new 2011 VW JSW TDI pulling out of a parking lot. Got that out of the way early. 😀

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke

Bronco2.7

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 civic CRV
So upset that I just found this huge chunk taken out of my hood. I'm super anal about my car and only use touchless washes, park super far in the parking lot so no one dings me, etc.

Last week I noticed someone managed to ding my rear driver's side door anyways.
Ford Bronco Sport Large chip in my hood 😭 What would you do? PXL_20230320_132755967.MP
It's not horrible but I notice it. I think the dent might honestly be too small to fix. But that's not why I posted. This just piled on top of that. Today I see a very large chip in my hood. The rest of my paint is essentially flawless so I don't think this is a warranty issue, just bad luck.

I'm going to ask the dealer the cost to fix it but my husband said he thinks it will be ridiculous. Anyone else gone through with a fix like that? I'm willing to pay a couple hundred dollars if it will be close to new. Otherwise maybe I just use a touch up pen? I'm really upset and it feels like it's out of my control. What does everyone here think? What would you do?
The paint and the windshields are junk! I think you should probably just get a pen because it won't be your last! I have a little over 3000 miles on mine and it appears to be lightly sandblasted with a couple of chips in the paint and windshield. Those are mostly highway miles. I just got a pen.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Aeroskin II. Not only does it offer protection against rock chips, especially on the leading edge of the hood, it will make your BS look much cooler!

The Bronco Sports I’ve seen in real life without one look like they’re missing something.

MDTX27

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
A rock hit my hood this morning on the highway and left a big dent and scratch. Not a happy camper.

Ford Bronco Sport Large chip in my hood 😭 What would you do? IMG_0329

Ford Bronco Sport Large chip in my hood 😭 What would you do? IMG_0328

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
A rock hit my hood this morning on the highway and left a big dent and scratch. Not a happy camper.

Ford Bronco Sport Large chip in my hood 😭 What would you do? IMG_0329

Ford Bronco Sport Large chip in my hood 😭 What would you do? IMG_0328
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Hot Rod Mike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator , Wrangler , Bronco
Do you plan to drive your car off road? If so, I would breath a sigh of relief that you no longer have to dread the first paint chip.

Some people pay a lot of money to make their cars look "used." Believe it or not, the truck in the photo below is painted to look the way it does. I'm not suggesting you should want your Bronco Sport to look like that, but it's no longer a "new" vehicle, so I don't think it's unreasonable to expect it look a bit used.
Ford Bronco Sport Large chip in my hood 😭 What would you do? Hodson_F600_31_1200x1200
Nice

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
Depending on where it is on the hood, you could consider getting a hood graphic.

Ford Bronco Sport Large chip in my hood 😭 What would you do? 100_6784.JPG

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
at this point the bot has truly become dysfunctional
perhaps it's time for an intervention
is there an alcoholics anonymous for AI

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
from the garden variety of stones and debris that you come across on most road ways, yes. It's also self healing. I don't understand why people spend hundreds of dollars on those front hood deflectors when for not much more they could have most of their front end protected instead of just a few inches of their hood.

I suggest doing some research on paint protection film to see how much it can protect.
I have one. Maybe it will deflect rocks or debris destined for my windshield. I can hope anyway.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Dings can be handled with paintless dent removal by a professional, in my experience rock chips end up looking worse when touched up using touch up paint.
Initially your eyes will focus on the anomalous spot, after sometime, it won't be that big of an issue.
I thought the same after getting my first Arizona pin stripes, now I wear them proudly.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
So upset that I just found this huge chunk taken out of my hood. I'm super anal about my car and only use touchless washes, park super far in the parking lot so no one dings me, etc.

Last week I noticed someone managed to ding my rear driver's side door anyways.
Ford Bronco Sport Large chip in my hood 😭 What would you do? PXL_20230320_132755967.MP
It's not horrible but I notice it. I think the dent might honestly be too small to fix. But that's not why I posted. This just piled on top of that. Today I see a very large chip in my hood. The rest of my paint is essentially flawless so I don't think this is a warranty issue, just bad luck.

I'm going to ask the dealer the cost to fix it but my husband said he thinks it will be ridiculous. Anyone else gone through with a fix like that? I'm willing to pay a couple hundred dollars if it will be close to new. Otherwise maybe I just use a touch up pen? I'm really upset and it feels like it's out of my control. What does everyone here think? What would you do?
Worse case scenario use a Ford Bodyshop or touch up paint the best you can.

TNFurb

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I echo another poster who recommended getting paint protection film installed. I got a small chip in the first weekend I had my BS. i Got a paint pen from my local ford dealer and touched it up then immediately got PPF installed. luckily my chip was small enough that you can’t even see it now. Also, they are making PPF in colors now rather than just clear. so it might be possible to get some to match your paint color and just put film over your entire hood. If you’re into DIY fixes, this YouTube video is pretty impressive on how this guy recommends fixing deep scratches. It looks like a fair amount of work, but his results are amazing.

Sponsored