SHOULD I DO IT ???? WORLD'S LARGEST CARWASH AT BUCCEES IS DOWN THE ROAD FROM MY HOUSE

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
I'm OCD with my vehicles and never use a carwash.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Mine goes through a touchless car wash when I feel it’s dirty enough. I wouldn’t take it through one with brushes.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Some people use car washes, some like to hand wash. Here's my take: If you want your car to get the best possible care then hand wash. The brushes in some car washes can put swirl marks and even light scratches in the paint's clear coat. These are much more noticeable with dark colors than lighter ones. A scratch would have to be pretty deep to be obvious on Cactus Gray.

On the other hand, if you find hand washing such a hassle that you don't wash as often as you should (environment dependent), then by all means take it through a car wash. A few minor swirls or scratches in the clear coat can be buffed out. Corrosion (rust) resulting from collected dirt and grime is difficult to control once it takes hold.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Well unfortunately for some people I can no longer hand wash my vehicles due to a back injury but my ocd still gets to me, So far tho I’ve only been to the touchless ones.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Mine goes through the car wash every week or two. That said, I only use Laser wash touchless. There are no brushes to swirl the paint. There are no flappy swinging pieces to beat the heck out of my paint. The water and soap are sprayed at the vehicle and rinsed the same way. My bad back and hip greatly appreciate it.

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport; 2016 Mustang 2.3
I'm on Team "Don't use an Automatic CarWash unless you have no other choice".

But there's literally like at least 10,000 other reasons to go to Buccees ... so don't let me dissuade you from the trip.

kshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport;350Z;Hybrid Escape
Two things to consider: The tall antenna on the back needs to be temporarily removed before going through a car wash. Our county requires that the water be recycled; is all the winter salt washed off cars being recycled, too? I hand wash mine or take it to my detailer.

OP
OP
PonyPowerxox

PonyPowerxox

Big Bend
First Name
Ruthie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
hum forgot about the antenae ....this is getting complicated....why can't BUCCEE be better LOL
really wanted to try out the car wash.....but honestly worried about swirl marks on the black windows in the back,,,,,hum......

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Two things to consider: The tall antenna on the back needs to be temporarily removed before going through a car wash. Our county requires that the water be recycled; is all the winter salt washed off cars being recycled, too? I hand wash mine or take it to my detailer.
Rather than take the tall antenna off temporarily before going through a car wash, I just replaced with a shorter one that won't break off. I like simple, one and done solutions to problems.

TnPapaw

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands
I had a car wash plan for years with a 2007 Pilot. The brushes didn't seem to hurt it, but the high pressure spray pitted the roof and caused the paint on the leading edge of the hood to flake. I used the wash at least once a week for about 10 years. I don't think an occasional wash would hurt, though.

kshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport;350Z;Hybrid Escape
I picked up one of these with a foam cannon and that makes it easy to clean cars. It is billed as having 320PSI but I do not think it goes that high. Use the foam cannon, let it soak for a while, rub with a towel mitt, and rinse off.
https://www.amazon.com/RYOBI-RY120350-18-Volt-Cordless-Cleaner/dp/B0895LD6LF/ref=asc_df_B0895LD6LF&mcid=7d8d5f39292934caa2d7435e8adecf9a?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=80745477064479&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584345024598077&psc=1
Sponsored