June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert

semordnilap

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
I don't think that's legal. Its actually illegal for them to even import the car with a recall pending but it seems due to the mess over the past year that they are releasing the cars to dealerships to fix here. There's actually a $20K fine for each vehicle delivered to dealerships improperly!
It was one of the first things I asked when it arrived at the dealership. My sales rep said “we will call you back in when the part becomes available”. They had two other BS come in with mine and they were not on the lot when I signed paperwork so I assumed they were picked up too… should I be worried? ?
Sponsored

Kristine44

Badlands
First Name
Kristine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
BL+BL+Tow+360
Ordered 4/5/21
In production 6/17
Shipped 10/19
UP rail car tracking says it should be at its final stop tomorrow night. Then when it gets to the dealer I wait for the fuel line recall fix which has not yet been completed. :(
But I got $100 Amazon GC today for my patience. I’d rather have my car!

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
BL+BL+Tow+360
Ordered 4/5/21
In production 6/17
Shipped 10/19
UP rail car tracking says it should be at its final stop tomorrow night. Then when it gets to the dealer I wait for the fuel line recall fix which has not yet been completed. :(
But I got $100 Amazon GC today for my patience. I’d rather have my car!
Did your dealer give you the rail car number? I’m hoping for another way to find it out than asking them.

DirtyLuke

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' BS BL, 18' Forester
Just an FYI for June build owners getting their cars in the next few weeks. Called up my sales rep about the FDM LINE LEAK recall, what that means for taking delivery of the vehicle, and how to get ahead of it as far as parts availability.

He says the FDM Line Leak is an "Advanced Notice Recall" meaning that Ford does not have the fix for the recall finalized and is only making owners/dealers aware of the issue and impending recall fix. There are no parts to fix the recall because Ford has not identified or made available what the parts are. The fix is slated to be released "early fourth quarter" and until then the car will not be allowed to be released from the dealer.

So, ultimately my idea of getting my dealer to order the recall parts ahead of my vehicle getting in to get ahead of some kind of parts shortage was a fruitless venture. The June build wait will continue...

Edit: This is all assuming my sales rep isn't full of shit.

Last edited:

M&M

Badlands
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Just an FYI for June build owners getting their cars in the next few weeks. Called up my sales rep about the FDM LINE LEAK recall, what that means for taking delivery of the vehicle, and how to get ahead of it as far as parts availability.

He says the FDM Line Leak is an "Advanced Notice Recall" meaning that Ford does not have the fix for the recall finalized and is only making owners/dealers aware of the issue and impending recall fix. There are no parts to fix the recall because Ford has not identified or made available what the parts are. The fix is slated to be released "early fourth quarter" and until then the car will not be allowed to be released from the dealer.

So, ultimately my idea of getting my dealer to order the recall parts ahead of my vehicle getting in to get ahead of some kind of parts shortage was a fruitless venture. The June build wait will continue...
Did any other June builds have their FDM line leak recall fixed before it left the factory? Mine had the recall but I looked my VIN up on the NHSTA website and now it’s saying no active recalls and the FDM disappeared from ETIS. The car hasn’t arrived at the dealer yet.

Kristine44

Badlands
First Name
Kristine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Did your dealer give you the rail car number? I’m hoping for another way to find it out than asking them.
I had to ask for it. I asked him to send it from the visibility report and he emailed back saying “I already sent you the order and vin#” ? the next day he did end up sending the rail car number. He’s not been particularly helpful. Good luck!

christy414

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
armada

This is pretty much exactly what my dealership told me. They are just as frustrated. I did get to go "meet" my bronco yesterday and I will say that it will be worth the wait!

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Did any other June builds have their FDM line leak recall fixed before it left the factory?
I believe ZA-VAL said her FDM was fixed at the factory a full month before they installed the missing chip...

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Did any other June builds have their FDM line leak recall fixed before it left the factory? Mine had the recall but I looked my VIN up on the NHSTA website and now it’s saying no active recalls and the FDM disappeared from ETIS. The car hasn’t arrived at the dealer yet.
As mentioned below by another poster, mine was actually fixed before it left the factory. I had been checking on Ford ETIS every few days or so to check up on the chip and thats where I noticed the recall and then on September 20th noted that the recall warning was gone. I confirmed that it was fixed by entering my VIN in the NHTSB website.

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I believe ZA-VAL said her FDM was fixed at the factory a full month before they installed the missing chip...
Mine was thankfully. I think I’d be more annoyed if the car was delivered without it fixed than waiting for an unavailable part here.

Kristine44

Badlands
First Name
Kristine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Has anyone who’s car got shipped to the dealer needing the FDM recall fixed actually got it fixed yet? Mine arrived there today. The dealer is “looking into it”. I’m nervous it will take forever. I’m tired of waiting!

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
My Badlands still has the fuel line recall. They released it to me anyways because there is a shortage on parts to fix it. They gave me instructions on what to do if it does happen to stall ? take the bad with the good I guess?
The dealership is opening themselves up to some massive fines for doing that. They can be fined $21,000 by the federal government for each vehicle that they deliver without first fixing the recall. That information is also in the documentation provided to the dealership by Ford. Seems that your dealership doesn't care about its customers safety and only about getting their money and not having the vehicles sitting on their lots.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

There is a part and the Ford engineering part number is identified in the NHTSA recall notice. The actual Ford part number is LX6Z-9H307-A. This part was previously used in the 2020-2021 Ford Escapes and Lincoln Corsairs and then the Bronco Sport when its production began. The reason for the short supply of the part is that Ford needs to get 11,000 of them just to fix the Bronco Sports that received the defective units and then another 3-4,000 for the Escape's and Corsairs. One of the sad things about all of this is that the part is MSRP of only $150. I'm hoping that since they are being shipped to the dealer with an open recall that it won't be long before the dealers get the needed parts. The other reason might be that Ford needed the space that the Bronco Sports were taking up to park all of the Maverick Hybrid pickups that they built but can't yet ship.

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
The dealership is opening themselves up to some massive fines for doing that. They can be fined $21,000 by the federal government for each vehicle that they deliver without first fixing the recall. That information is also in the documentation provided to the dealership by Ford. Seems that your dealership doesn't care about its customers safety and only about getting their money and not having the vehicles sitting on their lots.
I know this is the law but I wouldn’t be surprised if there was an exception due to the constraints from covid and supply chain issues that waives this requirement before shipping the cars to dealers to be fixed before delivery to the customer.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know this is the law but I wouldn’t be surprised if there was an exception due to the constraints from covid and supply chain issues that waives this requirement before shipping the cars to dealers to be fixed before delivery to the customer.
It's one thing to ship them to the dealership, but the dealership is not allowed to deliver the vehicle before it has been repaired as that dealership has done.
Sponsored