Thejitney

Big Bend
First Name
WILL I AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCOSPORT BIG BEND
At 57k the turbo went twice and a third time while at the dealer and being repaired. Every part they make is on back order. Still waiting on yhe correct headlight that was dealer ordered in February of 202. 1.5 dragon engine is absolutely junk so is the transmission that goes in there. So let's see June of 2021 till now. Water pump, cheap recall brakes that they replaced with recalled brakes that were junk rotors amd brakes all around, tires at 30k,all charging Ports loose power torque converter oil pump oil pump sending unit turbo one caused coolant into 2 of my 3 cylinders made its way to the cat. They put it together and it's not crooked and slanted poor work and mechanics that are new. Ohhh wait it was at the shop January February and March. Got it back 31st of March. Went in for an oil change and to get at 57k brakes put on it. I was told it needed rotors I said no it's new just brakes all around they did front brakes and rotors had them donthe rear cause they messed up. Turbo fails backorder part comes in 3 months later and fails before it left the shop 2nd one fails as well and not they see rust on the cylinder walls. I told them my engine is seizing up sitting there and. They better make it right
New engine installed and lots of new other stuff except battery..... get it back it is worse. Engine looses rpms sitting there
They blew my speakers. And after it was good they put 1500 miles on it to test it and said it was good. Sad part is I have to walk away from the brand.... my entire life I've been Ford not fix or repair daily not found on red dead f***in old rebuilt dodge. I've been FORD First on race day..... and F***ing off road driving. Due to the age milage and history Ford offered me pennies while I didn't have it for 8 months of last year making payments. They gave me 2 rentals and 6 loaners but I do work for my self and drive far for it. Every excuses caught service lying..... we towed it over.... well my dash cam proved that was a lie. I put every dam little bit of saving to buy a safe truck and it's junk.

If you read my entire post thank you and I hope you love yours and it runs forever for you but mine isnt worth keeping and I that's all I have to say about.
Sponsored

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
Especially with the 1.5L, I can understand why some won't buy a discounted Ford extended warranty. Taking the BS back to the dealer for repairs sucks but sucks a lot less when it's not costing you anything.

MGM

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
What is the logic in padding Ford's pockets ($$$) for an extended warranty? Why would anybody "pre-pay repairs" as accepting lack of quality? Its a great way for Ford or (any other company) to make mega bucks praying on people's "what if" emotions.

Instead of giving your hard earned money away to Ford (or any other company) for an extended warranty, instead, self-insure by putting away a few bucks per week in an envelope for contingencies. I've saved thousands this way and when an emergency comes up, I have the cash.

Like Thejitney, my 2021 BS 1.5 has experienced numerous failures and problems in its 27,000 miles....from brake replacements, blown light bulbs, battery failure, differential issues, serpentine belt fraying, recalls, moaning noises, tires at 25K miles and terrible gas mileage.

I adore the design and stability of driving the vehicle, but I don't plan on keeping it beyond its factory warranty. Its reliability is so poor, it scares me with "what's next" every time I turn the key.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
What is the logic in padding Ford's pockets ($$$) for an extended warranty? Why would anybody "pre-pay repairs" as accepting lack of quality? Its a great way for Ford or (any other company) to make mega bucks praying on people's "what if" emotions.

Instead of giving your hard earned money away to Ford (or any other company) for an extended warranty, instead, self-insure by putting away a few bucks per week in an envelope for contingencies. I've saved thousands this way and when an emergency comes up, I have the cash.

Like Thejitney, my 2021 BS 1.5 has experienced numerous failures and problems in its 27,000 miles....from brake replacements, blown light bulbs, battery failure, differential issues, serpentine belt fraying, recalls, moaning noises, tires at 25K miles and terrible gas mileage.

I adore the design and stability of driving the vehicle, but I don't plan on keeping it beyond its factory warranty. Its reliability is so poor, it scares me with "what's next" every time I turn the key.[b/]

That's why!
I won't be keeping my BS after warranty. If somehow if I do, I'll buy a discounted Ford extended warranty.

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
At 57k the turbo went twice and a third time while at the dealer and being repaired. Every part they make is on back order. Still waiting on yhe correct headlight that was dealer ordered in February of 202. 1.5 dragon engine is absolutely junk so is the transmission that goes in there. So let's see June of 2021 till now. Water pump, cheap recall brakes that they replaced with recalled brakes that were junk rotors amd brakes all around, tires at 30k,all charging Ports loose power torque converter oil pump oil pump sending unit turbo one caused coolant into 2 of my 3 cylinders made its way to the cat. They put it together and it's not crooked and slanted poor work and mechanics that are new. Ohhh wait it was at the shop January February and March. Got it back 31st of March. Went in for an oil change and to get at 57k brakes put on it. I was told it needed rotors I said no it's new just brakes all around they did front brakes and rotors had them donthe rear cause they messed up. Turbo fails backorder part comes in 3 months later and fails before it left the shop 2nd one fails as well and not they see rust on the cylinder walls. I told them my engine is seizing up sitting there and. They better make it right
New engine installed and lots of new other stuff except battery..... get it back it is worse. Engine looses rpms sitting there
They blew my speakers. And after it was good they put 1500 miles on it to test it and said it was good. Sad part is I have to walk away from the brand.... my entire life I've been Ford not fix or repair daily not found on red dead f***in old rebuilt dodge. I've been FORD First on race day..... and F***ing off road driving. Due to the age milage and history Ford offered me pennies while I didn't have it for 8 months of last year making payments. They gave me 2 rentals and 6 loaners but I do work for my self and drive far for it. Every excuses caught service lying..... we towed it over.... well my dash cam proved that was a lie. I put every dam little bit of saving to buy a safe truck and it's junk.

If you read my entire post thank you and I hope you love yours and it runs forever for you but mine isnt worth keeping and I that's all I have to say about.
They put 1500 miles on a test drive or a typo? Tech on a family vacation?

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport; 2016 Mustang 2.3

I adore the design and stability of driving the vehicle, but I don't plan on keeping it beyond its factory warranty. Its reliability is so poor, it scares me with "what's next" every time I turn the key.
Amen. I've never paid for an extended warranty in my life, and its worked out okay for me thus far.
I thought that was a little eye catching too.

Robink

Big Bend
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco sport
I've never bought an extended warranty ever. And I'm 70 years old. And never had to use one. Ever. I gambled on this car and lost. I just paid $3,000 to repair the rear differential in my 21 BB. With what I have put into this car I could have bought what I really wanted - a 4Runner. This will be my last American made car.

OP
OP
Thejitney

Thejitney

Big Bend
First Name
WILL I AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCOSPORT BIG BEND
Yes 1500 miles they told me it was for testing but in reality since they didn't replace the cat that smelled like coolant they drove it until it burned off more than likely. But yes 1500 miles

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Well, I would seriously question them about those miles. That's way beyond what any test drive should be.

That's further than New York City to Miami Fl.

Robink

Big Bend
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco sport
But look at all the money you saved not buying warranties
This one is making up for it. At the worst time because of inflation.

Robink

Big Bend
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco sport
I also saved money because I didn't buy a Ford. 😉
Sponsored

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LazyDirtFarmer Bronco Sport General Topics 68