Issues with wireless charging pad?

awdbrain

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Has anyone had issues with the wireless charger in their BS? The wireless charging works, but the notification saying "wireless charging activated" pops up every minute or so while charging. I have an iPhone 12 and read somewhere that it could be interference caused by the magsafe/magsafe case but not sure.
Sponsored

SBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Has anyone had issues with the wireless charger in their BS? The wireless charging works, but the notification saying "wireless charging activated" pops up every minute or so while charging. I have an iPhone 12 and read somewhere that it could be interference caused by the magsafe/magsafe case but not sure.
I have the wireless charger in my Ford Edge and it typically doesn’t work with my phone case on, so I just take it off if I need a charge

BobH

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Miata GT 97 f150 21 BS BL
The wireless charging system is inductive. won't work thru a metal case or any metal between the charger and the phone.

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I have the same problem with my iPhone 12 Pro Max... I have a standard case on it (non-magsafe) but I have noticed that I consistently get the message that the pad has stopped charging because of detecting a foreign object when the phone reaches 100%. For some reason, the Ford pad doesn't seem to know when the phone has hit it's max charge and keeps generating that message over and over. Could be a bug fixed by SYNC updates?

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have the same problem with my iPhone 12 Pro Max... I have a standard case on it (non-magsafe) but I have noticed that I consistently get the message that the pad has stopped charging because of detecting a foreign object when the phone reaches 100%. For some reason, the Ford pad doesn't seem to know when the phone has hit it's max charge and keeps generating that message over and over. Could be a bug fixed by SYNC updates?
I've wondered, since I'd be wired for Android Auto, why do I need Wireless charging when it will be charging by wire anyway? Is the system smart enough to detect this redundancy? What about a Wireless Android Auto adapter for me? Very strange oversight, if the charging pad system CAN'T DETECT a fully charged phone -- isn't the system advertised to be SMART (or adaptive)?

Adam06

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big bend
Yes I’m having the same problem, worked fine on my iPhone XR . Got the new iPhone 12 and it’s doing exactly what you mentioned

AUarch1996

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Same issue with iPhone 12 Max Pro. I wonder if it’s a firmware issue that can be fixed in the future?

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Same issue with iPhone 12 Max Pro. I wonder if it’s a firmware issue that can be fixed in the future?
It's likely an issue with MagSafe since this occurs in other brands of vehicles as well with the iPhone 12 line. I don't know if a Firmware update can fix it, but sure would like to know if they're at least looking into it.

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
Has anyone tried charging a smart watch with it? Apple and Samsung smart watches should be Qi compliant. I am curious for my self.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
Anyone with Android phones having a problem?
Sponsored