Issues with wireless charging pad?

Kryz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have the same problem, it’s never worked on my iPhone 12, my kids have the iPhone 12( the smaller one) and it works but with no case.
My daughter has the regular size 12 and it did the same thing as mine. Now I want her to try it again and see what happens. I know its not a big deal but it is so convenient to be able to sit the phone in the tray.
Sponsored

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
My daughter has the regular size 12 and it did the same thing as mine. Now I want her to try it again and see what happens. I know its not a big deal but it is so convenient to be able to sit the phone in the tray.
I've seen in another forum that folks with iphones can rotate the phone 180 degrees so that the top is toward the driver, passenger seats.

The iphone will charge better. Could be the position of the charging coils.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
My XR charges just fine, albeit slowly, with or without its case. It charges much faster through the cable though, so thats usually what I do.

Lufelham

Badlands
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands 2022
I have the 12 pro max and does the same thing such a shame a got one of the new wireless CarPlay dongle and its been working excellent but that notification is driving me nuts

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
It's now July 2022 and Ford/Apple has yet (if ever) to fix the problem.

My 13 Pro Max charges for about 10 seconds then disconnects. I've even tried removing the rubber cover to the charger, flipping the phone, moving it around, NOTHING.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I have an iPhone 13. I cut a block of wood and painted it black and placed at the back of the charger towards the front of the vehicle. Fixed the sliding issue.
"The world is what you make of it, friend. If it doesn't fit, you make alterations."

~Stella

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I have an iPhone 13. I cut a block of wood and painted it black and placed at the back of the charger towards the front of the vehicle. Fixed the sliding issue.
Ford Bronco Sport Issues with wireless charging pad? 4962628D-7164-45B6-AABD-37900D2AABEF

Ford Bronco Sport Issues with wireless charging pad? E2E17BF9-1ACF-40D8-8987-B01B89E4EF1B
Nifty idea, but no good for a Pro Max.

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
iPhone 12 mini. South Texas, after a long hot day, putting my phone on charging pad then making a call my phone would often shut down saying temperature/too hot. I have switched to center console wired charging if I really need my phone to juice. If I’m just running around doing errands and have decent battery I might toss it on the one charging pad. It does seem for me to go in/out of charging and is a trickle charge. It also seems to get really hot. So I don’t use it as my primary charging.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
iPhone 13 Pro In an Apple Magsafe case. I also have a Burga magsafe case that works the same way. I discovered it will charge if I slide it around until the ⚡ shows. It’s not great and if you are using a wireless CarPlay, it will not keep up with the usage/discharge. Over a long trip, I use a usb-c to ⚡place my phone in the tray behind my infotainment screen or in the section next to the charging plate.

FYI - I have a short usb-a to ⚡(Pictured below) from Charge Cords. They’re pricey, but durable. I moved the wireless CarPlay adapter to a usb-c to usb-c cord that is tucked up in behind the device. I’ll try to remember to take some pictures the next time I take my Blue Wolf out for a run. 😁😆

Ford Bronco Sport Issues with wireless charging pad? A610ED0C-455A-4FB7-8F19-4B380A93E78B

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Ford Bronco Sport Issues with wireless charging pad? 4962628D-7164-45B6-AABD-37900D2AABEF

Ford Bronco Sport Issues with wireless charging pad? E2E17BF9-1ACF-40D8-8987-B01B89E4EF1B
REVOLUTIONARY TECH! 😅

Stustang05

Badlands
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands, Area 51, loaded.
The wireless charging system is inductive. won't work thru a metal case or any metal between the charger and the phone.
Bingo!

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I threw an Apple MagSafe wireless charger in the center compartment (with that organizer we all have), so if I need a bigger charge on a longer trip, I just throw it in there and still wirelessly charge with more power while keeping it accessible and not worrying about a cable.

Reactions: MJE

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
The Mustang Mach E have the same problem. Ford issued a TSB needing to update the wireless accessory charging module. The vast majority are claiming that fixed the issue, albeit, their phones got rather warm.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
There is clearly an issue with the wireless charging pads Ford uses and the newer iPhones with Magsafe.

It's not as much as an issue in the BS since it doesn't have wireless Carplay IMO.
Sponsored