Issues with wireless charging pad?

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition
I have only utilized the charging pad minimally with my S10+ with no issues.
Sponsored

WendyK

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Has anyone had issues with the wireless charger in their BS? The wireless charging works, but the notification saying "wireless charging activated" pops up every minute or so while charging. I have an iPhone 12 and read somewhere that it could be interference caused by the magsafe/magsafe case but not sure.
Same issue. I have an iPhone 12. Tried it without the case, but still didn’t work properly.

Blizzard35

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Has anyone tried charging a smart watch with it? Apple and Samsung smart watches should be Qi compliant. I am curious for my self.
Apple Watch does not charge on anything but an Apple Watch specific charger so they can’t be charged wirelessly on a car charging pad. My iPhone 12 does not charge in my Ford Edge on the charging pad. My previous iPhone XR did! Very frustrating!

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have an issue with the charging pad. It's not really that great. I think I got 5% added in my 30min drive home? I'll have to pay more attention next time. Not impressed with it so far. EVERYTHING else is wonderful. Except Ford not putting the effing SYNC4 in it.

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Anyone with Android phones having a problem?
Mine disconnects every now and then. I lift it up and let it fall back into place and it reconnects.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
I have an iPhone 11 and have no issues with wireless charging.

Caseyleaves

Big Bend
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Happens to me often. I don't even use of for my iPhone 12 Max it won't even charge.

bzzzzzbee

First Edition
First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Happens to me with an iPhone 12.
Yup - same here - my 10 charged just fine, my 12 Pro Max generates an error message after a few minutes about “charging terminated, object between phone & charger”. This happens with or without the case on - assuming it has to do with the MagSafe feature….???

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
Yup - same here - my 10 charged just fine, my 12 Pro Max generates an error message after a few minutes about “charging terminated, object between phone & charger”. This happens with or without the case on - assuming it has to do with the MagSafe feature….???
Do other phones have the same problem on that pad? It's connected to the serial bus, if it's having an issue, then maybe it's throwing a code.

ODucksfan17

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB
I'm guessing the issue is with MagSafe. Apple forums are filled with people having problems using iPhone 12 models with Qi charging pads at home and in vehicles. I had problems with my Qi charging pad at home when I got the iPhone 12 Pro. Apple released a fix with iOS 14.2, but a lot of people still had problems. I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max now. I've only tried the charging pad once in my BS. It did charge, but I only left it on for a few minutes. I'll have to leave it on longer and see if charging stops or I receive an error message.

B-rad

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
The issue seems to be the power required to charge the newest generation of iPhones. The XR was probably the last to run off a power as low as everything before. The 13 Pro requires a more powerful wireless charger. I want to see if I can turn off the notification in the Bronco, as the charging intermittently is fine with me. Just know if you want a deep charge faster, plug it in.

Hope someone proves me wrong, as my phone in an Otterbox Defender case fits the charge spot PERFECTLY. But had the problem before the case arrived, even on my standard home wireless charge pads. Unless Ford can firmware fix the power levels to the charge area, don't expect this to be fixed in our editions.

Big Kahuna

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theshockleys.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F350, 2012 Nissan Rogue
Anyone with Android phones having a problem?
I've only had the Bronco for a day, but both my wife and I have Galaxy S9 phones that seem to be charging without issue.

Last edited:

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I kind of doubt that increasing the power to the wireless charge pad can be done through firmware as that sort of thing is usually controlled by hardware.

Full disclosure: I'm a retired Electronic Engineer with lots of experience designing circuitry but I could still be wrong here.

Kryz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Has anyone had issues with the wireless charger in their BS? The wireless charging works, but the notification saying "wireless charging activated" pops up every minute or so while charging. I have an iPhone 12 and read somewhere that it could be interference caused by the magsafe/magsafe case but not sure.
My iPhone 12 will charge for a minute then I get the notification. I have a plastic case on it but I even took it off and tried. I finally quit trying and now I just plug it in if It needs charging. It annoys me because I want to sit it there because it is the plus size. It won't fit on the other side. I wish there was a fix for it. Is it only the 12?

Adam06

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big bend
My iPhone 12 will charge for a minute then I get the notification. I have a plastic case on it but I even took it off and tried. I finally quit trying and now I just plug it in if It needs charging. It annoys me because I want to sit it there because it is the plus size. It won't fit on the other side. I wish there was a fix for it. Is it only the 12?
I have the same problem, it’s never worked on my iPhone 12, my kids have the iPhone 12( the smaller one) and it works but with no case.
Sponsored