Outer Banks
First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Ford Expedition Platinum
Yes.. trains move slow... And then track transfer to dealership
Where do you track the train and/or transfer to the dealership? The only numbers I have is my order # and VIN #.
Sponsored

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cougar, 2009 Edge Recently Totalled
Where do you track the train and/or transfer to the dealership? The only numbers I have is my order # and VIN #.
Lately people have asking Ford Chat for the railcar #... Then you need to call the automated railroad information.. I'll find the other thread related to that

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Just received notice that my BS OB was shipped today. They are giving an ETA of July 9th-15h to my dealer in Maryland. Does it really take that long once shipped?
Ish. The shipping estimates look to be far end of the window, default estimates and not very particular regarding individual or current circumstances. Shipping problems, holidays, etc. can always cause problems or delays, but a lot of people report arrival well ahead of the estimated window. Right now the big variable is the last mile when a truck and driver are required, and those are in very short supply these days.

Last edited:

MHUNTOON

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Just received notice that my BS OB was shipped today. They are giving an ETA of July 9th-15h to my dealer in Maryland. Does it really take that long once shipped?
I'm in NC. Mine was shipped 5/9 with a delivery estimate of 6/13-19. I was told on Sunday that my vehicle is now 200 miles away from my dealership awaiting offloading (which may or may not have happened at this point). I'd say your estimate is fairly close, but as prawn said above, many of us think they estimate longer so we're not disappointed. Trucker shortages, gas prices, covid ... lots of things can play a role in slowing things down as we've all learned recently.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
and mine sat in a Junction Stop for at least 2 weeks (that I know of). YMMV
Since I've been up for no reason since midnight I've spend the wee hours reading up on rail freight. What a chaotic mess. The process is pretty opaque (a theme I'm seeing with ordering a new vehicle), and there's a significant labor dispute always queued up to disrupt the entire nation.

The short answer on calculating actual delivery is you can't. There's a reason Ford draws broad radii from the factory and gives generic estimates. Railroads have tried to improve efficiency and reliability, but they face significant headwinds from labor, nature, and other factors. There's simply no way they can give more specific estimates for anything other than the next stop. It seems to me that rail is the worst way to ship new vehicles, except for all others. I read one snippet that near sea shipment may be more utilized in the future, but we've seen port logistics problems lately as well. Patience, apparently, remains a virtue even in our age of instant gratification.

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since I've been up for no reason since midnight I've spend the wee hours reading up on rail freight. What a chaotic mess. The process is pretty opaque (a theme I'm seeing with ordering a new vehicle), and there's a significant labor dispute always queued up to disrupt the entire nation.

The short answer on calculating actual delivery is you can't. There's a reason Ford draws broad radii from the factory and gives generic estimates. Railroads have tried to improve efficiency and reliability, but they face significant headwinds from labor, nature, and other factors. There's simply no way they can give more specific estimates for anything other than the next stop. It seems to me that rail is the worst way to ship new vehicles, except for all others. I read one snippet that near sea shipment may be more utilized in the future, but we've seen port logistics problems lately as well. Patience, apparently, remains a virtue even in our age of instant gratification.
Prawn, I finally found this for you.. but I expect after your deep dive.. you understand this better...

Funkygus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Right now the big variable is the last mile when a truck and driver are required, and those are in very short supply these days.
So very true. It could take a day, could take 3 weeks. Dealers will not be able to tell you when, and that last part of transport becomes a black hole.

Side note, I arranged to have a vehicle shipped a little over a week ago. Friday I got a pickup window of June 6th or 7th. Today I got an email saying apologies, blah blah blah we are working on reassigning to a different trucker as soon as possible.

MNVKSFN

Badlands
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BRONCO SPORT
I have been out of town on a business trip, and this happened.

Your new 2022 Bronco™ Sport Badlands™ has shipped and is on its way!

Our current estimate for delivery to your Ford Dealer is between June 13, 2022 and June 19, 2022. Once it arrives, a dealership representative will contact you to arrange final delivery

This is still on pace with what the original estimates were when we ordered back in January.

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been out of town on a business trip, and this happened.

Your new 2022 Bronco™ Sport Badlands™ has shipped and is on its way!

Our current estimate for delivery to your Ford Dealer is between June 13, 2022 and June 19, 2022. Once it arrives, a dealership representative will contact you to arrange final delivery

This is still on pace with what the original estimates were when we ordered back in January.
Awesome.. are you tracking it?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

MNVKSFN

Badlands
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BRONCO SPORT
But it will me when to better expect it..and it's fun ..I'm reading so much about each location..
Yes, If I lived further than the state of entry I would stalk the crap out of the thing. But since it is 4-10 days I will spend my time reading through the groups on what to do to it.
Sponsored