MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I ordered in January 2022, still waiting…

My question is - how long does someone wait for their MY22 before saying…I’ll just order a 2023 and wait AGAIN?
I actually thought about that for a minute, & there might even be a case made if there were some compelling changes coming for 23. Perhaps not likely though. You’d wind up getting to the back of the line again & paying $5K more for the same car.

Dmbleist

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
I actually thought about that for a minute, & there might even be a case made if there were some compelling changes coming for 23. Perhaps not likely though. You’d wind up getting to the back of the line again & paying $5K more for the same car.
This is ultimately where my head goes as well - with the cuts made to MY22 there’s no way there could be improvements for the MY23….right!?!?!? Hahaha 😜

Funkygus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Ordering a vehicle, especially in this day and age, is not for the feint of heart. The issues go well beyond Ford and the Bronco.

I am a bit of a Corvette nut and not long ago was looking at ordering a C8. Most wait times are looking like 9-15 months. And good luck getting it at MSRP. Looked at a Jag F-type as well, seems to be around a 6-9 month wait and even higher price gouging.

A few of the other automakers are not even doing factory orders. Dealers will try to get you what you want, but all based on whatever has been sent to them or can be found around the country for transfer.

So yeah, anyone who is in a situation where they need a car by a certain date may be in for a world of disappointment.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I’ve been waiting so long on my 2 door, I bought a Badlands sport to fill the time gap! I still don’t expect my 2 door for another year or two!

OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Appreciate all your stories and honesty. A shared factor definitely exists - We're all frustrated but know this vehicle is worth the wait. I just wonder how long that wait might be as we transition into MY23.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Appreciate all your stories and honesty. A shared factor definitely exists - We're all frustrated but know this vehicle is worth the wait. I just wonder how long that wait might be as we transition into MY23.
They will start taking orders for MY23 in August, none will be built until probably November.

2XIPA

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord, Civic, and a Subaru
Hmmm, I suppose that's good news as I got my confirmation on 5/27/22 and should have it by then?

Its her Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Ford Escape and Mercury Mountaineer
I feel like I'm seeing more and more folks abandoning their orders and finding a comparable Sport on a lot and going with it, even if that means sacrificing desired features or color.

I've also met many individuals who won't give up their order for anything for a variety of reasons - Price protection, the vehicle being made especially for them, hard to find packages, etc. I'm definitely in the "wait as long as it takes" camp since I ordered my dream rig that I plan on keeping for the next 10+ years.

Those of you waiting on an order, which camp do you fall under? How long will it take for you to finally say "enough" and abandon your order? Have you been actively researching dealers to see if anything comparable pops up for you to purchase?
My Wife Ordered her BS OB early of March 2021 and it arrived the end of September 2021 (198 day wait). She would have waited longer.

mustangmech

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords!
Ordered end of January. Build date started June 6, then June 13, and as of the other day…June 20th. Waiting it out it is going be worth it because it’s going to be AWESOME! Had a very nice OB, add the power of the 2.0 and the off-road goodies, will own for a very LONG time!

JOJEJA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
We ordered our OB with tow package on 5/28, nothing much extra that would hold it up. Unwilling to pay the add on cost at the dealer. Some dealers are charging up to $8,500 over sticker. Not in a hurry so I will wait it out. Would like it before winter but not a must. Hopefully won't take that long.

mwright88

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger
Ordered ours on Nov 16, was built March 2/2022, last update was it would be at dealer week of April 9-15th, still no updates, dealer has no info, had a friend from Ford track it down, our build was damaged at some "strange" location and Ford was going to offer us another from inventory, what a joke, we never heard from Ford about the damage or the " replacement", do yourself a favor and buy a jeep,
I feel like I'm seeing more and more folks abandoning their orders and finding a comparable Sport on a lot and going with it, even if that means sacrificing desired features or color.

I've also met many individuals who won't give up their order for anything for a variety of reasons - Price protection, the vehicle being made especially for them, hard to find packages, etc. I'm definitely in the "wait as long as it takes" camp since I ordered my dream rig that I plan on keeping for the next 10+ years.

Those of you waiting on an order, which camp do you fall under? How long will it take for you to finally say "enough" and abandon your order? Have you been actively researching dealers to see if anything comparable pops up for you to purchase?
[/QUOTE

Nismo180sx

Big Bend
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend, 1989 Nissan 180sx
I picked up my Big Bend with color I wanted (Area 51 ) last Wed. I started building it a few weeks ago and info was passed along to local dealer. They called me Tuesday and said first come first serve and I was the closest. I wanted fog lights, heated/electric seats and sunroof, but it wasn't a deal breaker. I was stoked to get it and trade in my 2012 Nissan Rogue.

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
My 7 month wait was a walk in the park compared to all my NFA devices and current pending ones with one approaching the 400 day mark. So I don't really have any sympathy for this subject whatsoever. Waiting for exactly what you want is the way.

Reactions: MJE

Icowgirlup

Big Bend
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco sport

I got on the wait list for a 2022 April 29 2021. I'm about at the end of my patience. Was suppose to be here 2 weeks ago.
Sponsored