NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Jeep Liberty Diesel
I was lucky. My dealer had an order in already, and just modified the order for me. Ordered in March, and got it in two months. Carmax was buying them new and adding $5,000 to the price and selling them like hot cakes. I saw a used 2021 one at Carmax priced $6,00 over what I paid for mine. Ford raised the price $2,000 while I was waiting, but my dealer honored the original price. There's an old saying that eggs are cheaper in the country. I drove 15 miles out of town and saved $5,000 compared to the price of the dealer near my home.

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I was lucky. My dealer had an order in already, and just modified the order for me. Ordered in March, and got it in two months. Carmax was buying them new and adding $5,000 to the price and selling them like hot cakes. I saw a used 2021 one at Carmax priced $6,00 over what I paid for mine. Ford raised the price $2,000 while I was waiting, but my dealer honored the original price. There's an old saying that eggs are cheaper in the country. I drove 15 miles out of town and saved $5,000 compared to the price of the dealer near my home.
What desler here was trying to charge you 5k markup..... Rich or power

mwright88

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger
I feel like I'm seeing more and more folks abandoning their orders and finding a comparable Sport on a lot and going with it, even if that means sacrificing desired features or color.

I've also met many individuals who won't give up their order for anything for a variety of reasons - Price protection, the vehicle being made especially for them, hard to find packages, etc. I'm definitely in the "wait as long as it takes" camp since I ordered my dream rig that I plan on keeping for the next 10+ years.

Those of you waiting on an order, which camp do you fall under? How long will it take for you to finally say "enough" and abandon your order? Have you been actively researching dealers to see if anything comparable pops up for you to purchase?
[/QUOTE We ordered ours Nov 12th 2022 and still have not received, it was built March 2nd and it is still pinging at the plant in Mexico, what a shit show, 4 months since built and waiting to be shipped, we were informed by a friend at Ford that the vehicle was damaged in transit, those sneaky bastards are repairing it and going to try to pawn it off on us, do yourself a favor and run