First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flyingorangewebdesign.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
As much as I want mine here right now, I’m more than patient to wait. I waited a considerable amount of time before taking the plunge to order (basically since I first saw when they were announced), I can wait a few more months.
Sponsored

00Doc

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger 4x4 XLT, Ordered 2022 Bronco Sport BB
With the dealer Market Adjustment I see around here, I'm happy waiting on the deal I got from Grangers. Ordered 1/31 and it should be built in the next week. I'm guessing I'll pick it up in late July.

Jenbeth

Outer Banks
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Driving the Husband’s F-150
I feel like I'm seeing more and more folks abandoning their orders and finding a comparable Sport on a lot and going with it, even if that means sacrificing desired features or color.

I've also met many individuals who won't give up their order for anything for a variety of reasons - Price protection, the vehicle being made especially for them, hard to find packages, etc. I'm definitely in the "wait as long as it takes" camp since I ordered my dream rig that I plan on keeping for the next 10+ years.

Those of you waiting on an order, which camp do you fall under? How long will it take for you to finally say "enough" and abandon your order? Have you been actively researching dealers to see if anything comparable pops up for you to purchase?
I just received an email saying my production date was changed AGAIN and so never receive any explanation. I’m considering getting a different vehicle from a different manufacturer because this is absolutely ridiculous. At what point would I be expecting a 2023 model?

SpartyOn2007

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I just received an email saying my production date was changed AGAIN and so never receive any explanation. I’m considering getting a different vehicle from a different manufacturer because this is absolutely ridiculous. At what point would I be expecting a 2023 model?
My OB has gone from May 30, June 6, June 13 to now an email Last night saying June 20.

I’m extremely worried as I don’t know how much longer I can wait with my current lease expiring and being stuck without a vehicle in a couple months (mid-Sept).

I was toldby dealer that the positive equity I have in my lease could be used as trade in credit but with the car keeping getting delayed, I worry that I will end up having to turn it in and lose out on that.

It is frustrating looking at the date slip and I’m almost willing to just move on or find a stock vehicle but i don’t know how I’d even do that in this market.

Lorri2516

Badlands
First Name
Lorri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Ordered 11-27-21. Since this will be the last car I'm buying, I'm in it for how ever long it takes.

Jenbeth

Outer Banks
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My OB has gone from May 30, June 6, June 13 to now an email Last night saying June 20.

I’m extremely worried as I don’t know how much longer I can wait with my current lease expiring and being stuck without a vehicle in a couple months (mid-Sept).

I was toldby dealer that the positive equity I have in my lease could be used as trade in credit but with the car keeping getting delayed, I worry that I will end up having to turn it in and lose out on that.

It is frustrating looking at the date slip and I’m almost willing to just move on or find a stock vehicle but i don’t know how I’d even do that in this market.
Same exact dates as you, beyond frustrating.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Likely you won't...they will push the clean up 22s first.

Jenbeth

Outer Banks
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Likely you won't...they will push the clean up 22s first.
Good to hear, I always try to get new vehicles late in the model year to save on the overall mileage of the car. Currently sitting on a 2015 bought in December of that year with 58,000 miles. Of course I’m waiting to sell it because my build date keeps getting changed and I can’t be without a vehicle for very long.

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
I have no problem waiting for my order to finally arrive.

Dmbleist

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
I ordered in January 2022, still waiting…

My question is - how long does someone wait for their MY22 before saying…I’ll just order a 2023 and wait AGAIN?

Reactions: MJE

sdavis7692

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
We ordered a loaded BS Badlands in red color at the end of November 2021 and was told by our dealer that it would likely take 4 months, possibly up to 6 months max, to arrive. Well, here we are 6+ months later and my build date for the week of June 27th just moved last night to the week of July 4th. It isn’t something they can control given all the supply chain issues, but still quite frustrating.

At one point we did go to another dealer to see if we could “settle” on a different BS Badlands they had in stock. However, the dealer (Stivers Ford in Birmingham) was complete trash with sending me one price via email and then presenting me with another price that was $4K higher after I arrived. I quickly realized that unless you order one from the Factory that the dealers will screw you sideways.

So, we have decided to wait it out at this point to get the exact one we ordered. I suggest everyone else do the same unless you are in a crunch for a vehicle.

SpartyOn2007

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I ordered in January 2022, still waiting…

My question is - how long does someone wait for their MY22 before saying…I’ll just order a 2023 and wait AGAIN?
At least you have been built and are just awaiting the delivery.

i ordered back at the end of December and keep getting pushed around on a build date.

SpartyOn2007

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
We ordered a loaded BS Badlands in red color at the end of November 2021 and was told by our dealer that it would likely take 4 months, possibly up to 6 months max, to arrive. Well, here we are 6+ months later and my build date for the week of June 27th just moved last night to the week of July 4th. It isn’t something they can control given all the supply chain issues, but still quite frustrating.

At one point we did go to another dealer to see if we could “settle” on a different BS Badlands they had in stock. However, the dealer (Stivers Ford in Birmingham) was complete trash with sending me one price via email and then presenting me with another price that was $4K higher after I arrived. I quickly realized that unless you order one from the Factory that the dealers will screw you sideways.

So, we have decided to wait it out at this point to get the exact one we ordered. I suggest everyone else do the same unless you are in a crunch for a vehicle.
Sad part is some of us have waited so long and now will be left in a bind due to leases ending and not having a vehicle available like was anticipated. It feels like a lose/lose right now because if I decide i want to pull out, I’ve put myself through this stress for nothing.

If i get something different, i also am not guaranteed to get anything because there is hardly any dealer stock of anything near me unless you want a full size pickup truck,

I hate being in this limbo and am fully expecting my June 20 date to get pushed again and again.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Sad part is some of us have waited so long and now will be left in a bind due to leases ending and not having a vehicle available like was anticipated. It feels like a lose/lose right now because if I decide i want to pull out, I’ve put myself through this stress for nothing.

If i get something different, i also am not guaranteed to get anything because there is hardly any dealer stock of anything near me unless you want a full size pickup truck,

I hate being in this limbo and am fully expecting my June 20 date to get pushed again and again.
Are lease extensions a possibility?
Sponsored