SHocking

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Noticed some hood vibration or flapping before when driving at around 70 mph, but nothing like today, I thought my hood was going to braek in half and fly off. Ford installed a bug deflector yesterday and today while going down the interstate I have never seen anything like it, bounce bounce bounce bounce (in the middle of the hood). I looked on another forum and read some posts that the bug deflector makes it worse and it does
Ford Bronco Sport Hood Vibration Flapping Bouncing 1f641

Called Dealership taking back in, they checked their system and no one has reported it (hard for me to believe) and no bulletins on it. I did see one post where a guy attached a hose to the hood and it resolved the issue. Ford said they will look at it but only thing they can do is take deflector off, uggh. Anyone else experience this? Hoping I can return the deflector.

Bronco Sport OB 22

Will take a video and post once on road again (when safe).
I'd love to see a video of this next time you have a chance. I have the Aeroskin II deflector still in its box, been waiting for warmer weather to install, and reading all the forum reviews, pros/cons, etc.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Epanema

Outer Banks
First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'd love to see a video of this next time you have a chance. I have the Aeroskin II deflector still in its box, been waiting for warmer weather to install, and reading all the forum reviews, pros/cons, etc.
just uploaded video

LoveIsLife

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Big Bend
I'd ordered the Aeroskin II and after reading about all of hood vibration, I sent it back and went with the lower profile AVS Aeroskin hood protector instead. No issues with it.

CableXJ

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Noticed some hood vibration or flapping before when driving at around 70 mph, but nothing like today, I thought my hood was going to braek in half and fly off. Ford installed a bug deflector yesterday and today while going down the interstate I have never seen anything like it, bounce bounce bounce bounce (in the middle of the hood). I looked on another forum and read some posts that the bug deflector makes it worse and it does

Called Dealership taking back in, they checked their system and no one has reported it (hard for me to believe) and no bulletins on it. I did see one post where a guy attached a hose to the hood and it resolved the issue. Ford said they will look at it but only thing they can do is take deflector off, uggh. Anyone else experience this? Hoping I can return the deflector.

Bronco Sport OB 22

Update as of may 4 - posted video - we adjusted the hood stoppers and it helped some, still movement but nothing like it was the other day

Considering getting the Hood Scoop so I don't see the bounce or glare, or a matte black decal, my father did mention to get the hood sprayed underneath with a sound dampening spray, since the top middle part is s0 flexible and just a crap design on Fords part.

Mine did that even before the Bug Deflector. Not nearly as bad as my 2016 F-150. The hood always looked like it was ready to fly off.

Canuck

Outer Banks
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport

Bronco Sport OB 22

Update as of may 4 - posted video - we adjusted the hood stoppers and it helped some, still movement but nothing like it was the other day

Considering getting the Hood Scoop so I don't see the bounce or glare, or a matte black decal, my father did mention to get the hood sprayed underneath with a sound dampening spray, since the top middle part is s0 flexible and just a crap design on Fords part.

I installed a length of 1/4” rubber fuel line hose into the hood rear seal and it stopped vibration completely. Hose is .490” outer diameter and was easily inserted with the aid of a little soapy water, Easy DIY.

Canuck

Outer Banks
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
PS I also have the Aeroskin textured hood deflector and no vibration at all. Today I will also be installing a set of RERPRO hood struts which should add to hood stability.

JohnSilver

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hood is aluminum. Magnets won’t work
haha, yes it is, was just joking. However, funny I found this topic on the bronco sport facebook page and apparently the fix has been found. Running quarter inch oil hose through the gasket liner will increase the secureness of the seal when hood is closed, and apparently it completely gets rid of the hood shake.

I've ordered some from amazon and giving it a try. unless I'm late to the party on this and it's been tried on this forum, several on there the last night were saying it solved their issue.

Canuck

Outer Banks
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
haha, yes it is, was just joking. However, funny I found this topic on the bronco sport facebook page and apparently the fix has been found. Running quarter inch oil hose through the gasket liner will increase the secureness of the seal when hood is closed, and apparently it completely gets rid of the hood shake.

I've ordered some from amazon and giving it a try. unless I'm late to the party on this and it's been tried on this forum, several on there the last night were saying it solved their issue.
I am one of the individuals who has proven that the 1/4” fuel line hose solved the problem with hood vibration even with the Aeroskin textured hood deflector.

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
PS I also have the Aeroskin textured hood deflector and no vibration at all. Today I will also be installing a set of RERPRO hood struts which should add to hood stability.
I have both. Really doesn't change anything much. And it really does not bother me.

Sobieski

Big Bend
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport - AKA Mulder
I added it myself, and with high winds it has made the flexing happen more. 60mph seems to be the point greater noticeability. Looking into something that can go on top of the hood to add stability or in between hood that wont promote other issues.

Lane

Outer Banks
First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport, 1999 F350
Mine does the same thing. Always has

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Mine went from a very slight occasional flexing at speed to a quite noticeable and noisy rattling with the Aeroskin II installed. Can hardly wait to try out the fuel line hose-into-the-rear-hood-seal solution. It's that bad, I'll want to remove the deflector if that doesn't fix it.

dakman

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I installed a length of 1/4” rubber fuel line hose into the hood rear seal and it stopped vibration completely. Hose is .490” outer diameter and was easily inserted with the aid of a little soapy water, Easy DIY.
Ever since I put the hood deflector on, I've had issues with bad hood shake I've posted about. I tried the above with some tubing I had laying around that was 3/8" od. First I only put it in across the fire wall. It helped a lot, but I was still getting some lifting at the sides, hinge area. The next day I put the tubing in the seal on the hood itself which seals across the front and sides. I didn't go all the way across the front, just where my finger is in pic. I did fill the gap between the front and side seal. This solved my hood shake problem. It no longer lifts at the sides. I get a little shaking at high speed about the same as before the aero skin 2 which never bothered me.

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Vibration Flapping Bouncing DSC03900.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Vibration Flapping Bouncing DSC03904.JPG
Sponsored