Help… I can’t get these spots off!

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm finding that actually USING my BS, i'ts become impossible to keep marks off of the piano black outside trim pieces. Anything touching it, scratches it. Then there's SUNSCREEN, it stains everything. And BUG SPRAY, it melts some plastics/rubberized plastics. Sunscreen, bug sprays, hand sanitizer, lotions of all kinds -- my wife loves 'em but they are my BS's enemies. (I haven't stained the exterior black trim -- bumpers, etc. -- with wax/compound/etc. yet, but I'm sure that's next.)

DemonGT

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited
I hate that Ford uses the piano black plastic, it scratches and shows everything. I had piano black pillars on my F150 and bought vinyl covers that look like carbon fiber to cover them.

Does anyone make something like that for the sport?

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
The shiny black plastic is a problem and something I wish Ford would reconsider. I’m sure they could use a different material and get the same look.

My 2016 Fusion had the same shiny black plastic and so does my 2019 Escape.

I think at some point you just accept that it’s going to develop swirl marks. I’m pretty sure it can happen just by looking at it!

Just don’t scrub it or take it through a car wash that beats the crap out of your paint and plastics.

Like people have mentioned it can be fully restored. I know this because my dealership did it for me when a car wash malfunctioned and didn’t do a touch free wash. Those brushes can do a lot of damage!

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Try adams detailing spray.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I used this stuff to get the baked in water spots out of roof of my spot. It has cleaners in there that break down and lift stains:

https://www.meguiars.com/automotive/products/meguiars-3-1-wax-multiple-steps-one-easy-use-wax-g191016-16-oz
After you used this product would you still recommend it? I need to get some water spots off my roof as well and also some windows and a small section of the body from a rogue sprinkler that soaked the car. Did it just polish over them or did it actually remove them?

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
After you used this product would you still recommend it? I need to get some water spots off my roof as well and also some windows and a small section of the body from a rogue sprinkler that soaked the car. Did it just polish over them or did it actually remove them?
My sport was a lot rot sat baking in Mexican summer sun for 6 months after it was built. The water spots were baked in. I didn't look on roof when I bought it and didn't want to let the idiots at dealer mess it up.

That 3 in 1 wax chemically loosens neutralizes and lifts up the water spots and allows them to be wiped off. Most spots on my roof came off one application but I had to wax it three times to get them all out and they were gone. Now my roof is spot free looks great.

If you read up on water spots they are chemicals from the water embedded into the paint. There are other methods to get rid of them but I wanted something that was safe vs using a chemical to neutralize them.

So yes definitely excellent product for getting water spots out of paint highly recommend.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
See answer in post above. Here are some pics:

Ford Bronco Sport Help… I can’t get these spots off! Water Spots

Ford Bronco Sport Help… I can’t get these spots off! Water Sports Gone 1

Ford Bronco Sport Help… I can’t get these spots off! Water Sports Gone 2

Ford Bronco Sport Help… I can’t get these spots off! Water Spots Wax

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Yeah me an Jerry had to get water spots out of the lot rots cause dealer idiots not a clue.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Picked some up this morning. Going to give it a go tomorrow probably. Also going to Plasti Dip my tow hooks as a test run before attempting the rims.

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
At some point over the summer, these stubborn fingerprints appeared on the black mirrored part of my Bronco Sport. Pretty sure it was a friend who had freshly sprayed sunscreen and then opened the door. I can’t seem to get them off! I’ve tried using a sudsy car wash mitt with light pressure, and Windex too, but they aren’t budging.

Any recommendations to get these off? I’m afraid of using anything weird on the black mirrored part as I don’t want to scratch it or create those nasty swirls, but I’m at a loss here.

Thanks in advance!

Ford Bronco Sport Help… I can’t get these spots off! D34175D2-4538-4C13-87F8-5D493CCC5DF5
I found Windex works pretty good. If not try a polishing compound using a damp cotton towel. Like a polishing towel. I get those near the door handles, sometimes don't even notice unless the sun hits it at the right angle. My BS is black and everything shows on that color scheme.

mwright88

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger
At some point over the summer, these stubborn fingerprints appeared on the black mirrored part of my Bronco Sport. Pretty sure it was a friend who had freshly sprayed sunscreen and then opened the door. I can’t seem to get them off! I’ve tried using a sudsy car wash mitt with light pressure, and Windex too, but they aren’t budging.

Any recommendations to get these off? I’m afraid of using anything weird on the black mirrored part as I don’t want to scratch it or create those nasty swirls, but I’m at a loss here.

Thanks in advance!

Ford Bronco Sport Help… I can’t get these spots off! D34175D2-4538-4C13-87F8-5D493CCC5DF5
In all these years of vehicle production there has never been these types of paint/ finish issues, seems to be particularly the Bronco 2, Ford is using inferior products due to the supply chain issue, and paint is one of them. I wonder how man other corners were cut? I canceled my build after 11 months of waiting

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
In all these years of vehicle production there has never been these types of paint/ finish issues, seems to be particularly the Bronco 2, Ford is using inferior products due to the supply chain issue, and paint is one of them. I wonder how man other corners were cut? I canceled my build after 11 months of waiting
Some of the sports have bad paint that chips easily it been reported many times. But most sports like mine have good paint. There have been some dealers that repaint areas of sports and other dealers say won't cover defective paint.

So overall most sports paint is good but there is a chance you could have bad luck stuck with a lemon.
Sponsored