OP
OP
Falken QA

Falken QA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NONE
I’d like to switch from the OBX stock 18” wheels and 225/60 Michelin tires to custom 17”wheels and winter/snow tires. What tire size should I choose to match the diameter of the stock setup?
Looks like OE were the Michelin Primacy A/S. If so, OD is 28.6", according to TireRack.

To get the same exact OD in 17s, at least in our brand, the 225/65R17 Wildpeak AT3w come in at 28.6" However, to start, what is the width of this 17" wheel you'll be running? Because that would dictate what size tire you can run.
Sponsored

PaulyDoubleD

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB delivered January 2021
Hello,
I want to upgrade the stock 225/60R18 Michelin Primacy on my 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks to Falken WILDPEAK A/T TRAIL - 100H 680 AA. The recommended OEM stock size is 225/60R18, but I want to go as big and wide as I can without rubbing or changing the stock 18 inch wheels. I expect the 60 dimension must remain. Can you recommend the largest/widest size? 235? 245?
Thanks.

OP
OP
Falken QA

Falken QA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NONE
Hello,
I want to upgrade the stock 225/60R18 Michelin Primacy on my 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks to Falken WILDPEAK A/T TRAIL - 100H 680 AA. The recommended OEM stock size is 225/60R18, but I want to go as big and wide as I can without rubbing or changing the stock 18 inch wheels. I expect the 60 dimension must remain. Can you recommend the largest/widest size? 235? 245?
Thanks.
Hello Paul,

Many bronco sport owners are using 235/65R18s or even a 245/60R18. Search around the forum regarding the sizes you want to consider for feedback and/or whether you need to do a lift to safely clear a certain tire size when off-roading.

OP
OP
Falken QA

Falken QA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NONE
Some of your tire sizes are made in china. Can you confirm 245/65/17? Vs. 235/65/17. Im not buying or supporting china ever again.
The 235/65R17 Wildpeak AT3w specifically can be made in Thailand or Japan, as this is a OE tire.

the 235/65R17 & 245/65R17 Wildpeak AT Trail can be made in Thailand, USA, or China.

The 245/65R17 Wildpeak AT3w can be made in Thailand, USA or China.

You can always ask your vendor prior to mounting the tires were the tire was made. All tires will state where the tire was made.

We are expanding our buffalo plant so we hope to get more popular sizes built stateside to meet product demand and reduce logistic delays caused by the ports.

Big Kahuna

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theshockleys.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2014 Ford F350 Lariat
It's nice to see a representative of a major manufacturer here on the site. I wish there was something like this from Pirelli so they could address this!

Ford Bronco Sport Hello from Falken Tires 20211126_154548-scaled

My next set of tires will be from Falken. :)

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
I've been kicking myself for not ordering the Falkens on our '22 BL. I had them on our '21 BL and really liked them, when I realized I had left them off the order it was too late because it was scheduled to be built.

OP
OP
Falken QA

Falken QA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NONE
It's nice to see a representative of a major manufacturer here on the site. I wish there was something like this from Pirelli so they could address this!

Are these the OE Pirelli ATR?

Here is there number. Reach out to them and see if they are able to help.

800-747-3554

I can't tell if something cut the sidewall as it almost has a zipper like appearance to the split & not the common "slash" to a road hazard.

Big Kahuna

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theshockleys.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2014 Ford F350 Lariat
Are these the OE Pirelli ATR?

Here is there number. Reach out to them and see if they are able to help.

800-747-3554

I can't tell if something cut the sidewall as it almost has a zipper like appearance to the split & not the common "slash" to a road hazard.
Sorry, didn't want to hijack your thread, it's all but old news now. Yes, the stock tires, my wife got a flat tire and this happened when they tried to release the bead to do the replacement. No visible damage to the sidewall prior. It happened with only 700 miles on the tire.

OP
OP
Falken QA

Falken QA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NONE
Sorry, didn't want to hijack your thread, it's all but old news now. Yes, the stock tires, my wife got a flat tire and this happened when they tried to release the bead to do the replacement. No visible damage to the sidewall prior. It happened with only 700 miles on the tire.
just trying to help, regardless of the brand on the tire.

B-rock1975

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport badlands

My badlands came with Scorpions. Swapped then out a 4500 miles as they made the ride super sketchy, and had a puncture . Went with coop. Discover at3. Feels like a truck now

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
Have had some problems with the sidewalls of another brand of tires while driving off road, I have a few questions about the sidewall construction of the different load ranges of your tires. While I see the ply ratings of the Wildpeak AT3W, on your site, I think that is strictly a tread ply rating, so My questions are...
1. Do all of the AT3w's have the same sidewall construction, other than the E load range tires? If so,
2. Are the sidewalls 2 ply and ...
3. what denier thread count are the sidewalls

If some of the sidewalls differ in construction, please explain the differences between those tires rated as 6 ply with an XL Load rating, like the 245/65/17 and those rated as 4 ply, with an SL Load rating, like the 235/65/17. Also, how do they compare to the sidewall construction of the P metric XL Load rated, 6 ply P245/70/16?

Last? Any plans to release any of the following sizes in the AT3W... 235/70/17, 235/75/16, 245/70/16?

OP
OP
Falken QA

Falken QA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NONE
Have had some problems with the sidewalls of another brand of tires while driving off road, I have a few questions about the sidewall construction of the different load ranges of your tires. While I see the ply ratings of the Wildpeak AT3W, on your site, I think that is strictly a tread ply rating, so My questions are...
1. Do all of the AT3w's have the same sidewall construction, other than the E load range tires? If so,
2. Are the sidewalls 2 ply and ...
3. what denier thread count are the sidewalls

If some of the sidewalls differ in construction, please explain the differences between those tires rated as 6 ply with an XL Load rating, like the 245/65/17 and those rated as 4 ply, with an SL Load rating, like the 235/65/17. Also, how do they compare to the sidewall construction of the P metric XL Load rated, 6 ply P245/70/16?

Last? Any plans to release any of the following sizes in the AT3W... 235/70/17, 235/75/16, 245/70/16?
Hello Bluebaru,

All Wildpeak AT3w, whether OE, or just our off-the-shelf models, contain a two ply sidewall across all sizes. LT sizes will be a slightly thicker sidewall in order to handle the load LT size tires will be subject to (2500 series trucks, full size trucks/suvs). As for thread count on the sidewall, this is proprietary information.

When the topic of whether a tire is 4,6, 8, or 10 ply, this is just a reference to the old days where tires were constructed literally in 4-10 plies. This was call a bias ply tire. Due to the amount of plies throughout the tire, tire was not comfortable and did not last long. With the introduction of the radial non-bias ply tire we all drive on, there is no longer a need to have specific amount of plies in the tires.

Typically you'll have 2-3 steel belts to aid in footprint of the tire, along with anywhere from 2-6 layers of a combination of polyester, aramid, nylon or rayon plies, some of which extends to the sidewall and wraps around the steel bead bundle (which accounts towards the sidewall ply count)

With the SL and XL comparison, the main difference would be the additional ply in the tread area of the tire itself for the XL spec. While I'm not engineer, I'm sure the sidewall is slightly reinforced to handle the additional load, though it'll still remain a two ply sidewall like the rest of the AT3w lineup.

As for the 3 sizes, I don't see any plans in release these sizes in the AT3w or AT trail line up. We have not had demand for these sizes for all terrain applications.

YFD_322

Outer Banks
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Why don’t people run 245/70/17s? They might rub a little but worth the look. Can anyone confirm that size on their sport?

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
The Ford website is not a fount of knowledge concerning the available tire options that come on the Badlands trim. Are the optional "off-road" 235/65 R17 tires the Wildpeak A/T3W or the Wildpeak A/T Trail as pictured?
Ford Bronco Sport Hello from Falken Tires Screenshot (296)
Sponsored