DatWayMon

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
The Ford website is not a fount of knowledge concerning the available tire options that come on the Badlands trim. Are the optional "off-road" 235/65 R17 tires the Wildpeak A/T3W or the Wildpeak A/T Trail as pictured?
Ford Bronco Sport Hello from Falken Tires Screenshot (296)
My 2021 Badlands came with 235/65/R17 Wildpeak A/T Trail.
Sponsored

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands

DatWayMon

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Last edited:

OP
OP
Falken QA

Falken QA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NONE
The Ford website is not a fount of knowledge concerning the available tire options that come on the Badlands trim. Are the optional "off-road" 235/65 R17 tires the Wildpeak A/T3W or the Wildpeak A/T Trail as pictured?
Ford Bronco Sport Hello from Falken Tires Screenshot (296)
My 2022 Badlands came with optional AT3W’s. The guide from December is not specific other than A/T, so it might depend on the time of day. :cool:

Ford Bronco Sport Hello from Falken Tires 732D3272-BBC0-4DC5-A83E-76D091A563AD
The photos provided by Ford are generic and should not be used literally.

The Bronco Sport would use the OE Falken Wildpeak AT (AT3w), part# 59000690. It shares some of the design of the normal aftermarket/off-the-shelf Wildpeak At3w, with main differences appearing in a shoulder redesign to help meet noise standards set by Ford. @Escape2Bronco photo highlights the shoulder.

Ford simply left out "AT3w" in their description for the Wildpeak AT.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray

The Bronco Sport would use the OE Falken Wildpeak AT (AT3w), part# 59000690. It shares some of the design of the normal aftermarket/off-the-shelf Wildpeak At3w, with main differences appearing in a shoulder redesign to help meet noise standards set by Ford. @Escape2Bronco photo highlights the shoulder.

Wildpeak 235/65/17
Ford Bronco Sport Hello from Falken Tires 73A1B5EF-C3AF-4270-8B78-45247A3E85EF

Ford Bronco Sport Hello from Falken Tires C67A8D59-1C97-4316-BD10-F7B517EA6816

Reactions: MJE

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

Thanks for jumping in and clearing the fog. I could only speak to what came on mine.

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have used the Falken Wildpeak A/T3w on my last 3 trucks and loved them, unfortunately it does not seem they are made for the tires sizes on the Bronco Sport... any chance that may change in the future? 235/60R18 is the size I am running.
I have 235/65/18 Toyo AT3 I think it’s a nice look on the 18” wheel

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hello Bronco Sport members,

Saying hello from the technical/warranty department of Falken tires. I'll be watching for any tire issues throughout the forums. If there are tire questions (even if it is not falken brand), I may chime in and provide some advice/knowledge to help clear up any misconceptions.

You may confirm us by contacting

1800-723-2553 ext 2

or via email

[email protected]

Or send us a message post, mention, or private message us here.
Hi. I am wondering, as everybody tales about proper tire sizing. Are all 245/65/17 tires really equally tall? Or varies because of thread type. Highway vs all-terrain vs off-road? Thanks in advance

Kritas

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Hi. I am wondering, as everybody tales about proper tire sizing. Are all 245/65/17 tires really equally tall? Or varies because of thread type. Highway vs all-terrain vs off-road? Thanks in advance
The measurements are standardized across the industry.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
The SL wildpeaks are hopefully built better than they were like 2/3 years ago. I went through them in a few thousand miles. They cracked, split and wore super fast. Plus the tread is actually less depth than what’s advertised. They didn’t do well in rain and snow. Were a terrible tire. Swapped them out to the E rated ones which wore like iron and bulletproof. The E rated were some of the best tires I’ve ever run. Just to burly for a BS. Plus you guys reneged on your warranty coverage. Sent photos and went through dealer. Still have the photos. You guys covered them and then decided not to and charged back the dealer. So iffy on getting another set.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
So no difference because thread is deeper? Thanks
Yes, the beginning dimensions of the tire are the same. So the outside diameter will be the same (within reason/tolerances) no matter what style of tire you buy (all season, all terrain, off-road, etc). The tread depth will most likely be different between those tire styles. A true off-road tire will have deeper tread, which will make it "squirm" on road in braking/cornering. An all-season will have shorter tread that will handle better on road but won't have the same grip off-road. The off-road tire will also have a softer compound that will wear faster than the all-season (especially on road). In all of these scenarios, the all terrain is a compromise between all-season and off-road.
Sponsored