zhatt

First Edition
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
I installed Escape visor on my FE today.

I also found out that the LED bulbs I put in my old garage door openers a few months ago cause a lot of interference. The Homelink remote wouldn't work except intermittently with the LED bulbs installed. It was a bit frustrating to figure out because if I gave up for a while and came back later to try again, it would work the first time because the LED lights had timed out and turned off.

Thanks @bjbena for figuring out that the Escape visor works and posting the part number.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bjbena

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES

I also found out that the LED bulbs I put in my old garage door openers a few months ago cause a lot of interference. The Homelink remote wouldn't work except intermittently with the LED bulbs installed. It was a bit frustrating to figure out because if I gave up for a while and came back later to try again, it would work the first time because the LED lights had timed out and turned off.

Thanks @bjbena for figuring out that the Escape visor works and posting the part number.
Glad to help.

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw

LEDs aren't the entire cause of this. I had intermittent issues like this with this same factory UGDO in my '15 Escape Titanium and I don't have LEDs in my opener. It was mainly with the larger door. Sometimes when this would happen, I would use it to open/close the other door and then it would work on the larger door.

OP
OP
bjbena

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
LEDs aren't the entire cause of this. I had intermittent issues like this with this same factory UGDO in my '15 Escape Titanium and I don't have LEDs in my opener. It was mainly with the larger door. Sometimes when this would happen, I would use it to open/close the other door and then it would work on the larger door.
Maybe. A good start would be for him to replace his LED bulb with a bulb specially designed for garage door openers. I think HD has it for about $9.

OP
OP
bjbena

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
How difficult was the install?
On a scale of 1 through 10 I'd say a 2. Next to changing the air filter it doesn't get much easier than this.

zhatt

First Edition
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
On a scale of 1 through 10 I'd say a 2. Next to changing the air filter it doesn't get much easier than this.
It took longer to get it programmed then it took to install it. You need to remove the cover and unscrew the fastener on the old one. Then, the new one snaps in.

OP
OP
bjbena

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
It took longer to get it programmed then it took to install it. You need to remove the cover and unscrew the fastener on the old one. Then, the new one snaps in.
Yeah, I'll definitely agree with that.

OP
OP
bjbena

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Do you know if it matters if you have the moonroof or not? Also, what is the difference in the Warning Stickers?
No. As long as you have illuminated visors you'll be fine.

On the 2021, the main rollover warning was on the front where you can see always. On the visor with the remote, the MAIN rollover warning is on the mirror door. The 22 BS with the UGO mimic this so there is no discernable difference.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21

I discovered this a couple of years ago.

On the face of it it doesn't make sense as the bulbs are off and they still interfere. FWIW, these were dollar store led bulbs.

A few months ago a friend asked me about his GDO not working. I asked him if he had put Led bulbs in the GDO and he had. Told him to put regular bulbs back in it. Didn't say why, just do it and let me know what happens.

Next day he texts me asking what kind of wizardry was that? :)

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
No. As long as you have illuminated visors you'll be fine.

On the 2021, the main rollover warning was on the front where you can see always. On the visor with the remote, the MAIN rollover warning is on the mirror door. The 22 BS with the UGO mimic this so there is no discernable difference.
Nice - so the only difference is really the length that the visor pulls out to cover the side, if being used that way?
Sponsored