bjbena

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Barry thanks for the post and info. For clarification, where are you getting the power to run your new OEM Escape Door Opener? Are you unplugging the light that comes with the lighted mirror in the Bronco Sport in order to power the new Escape Door Opener?
Yes.
Sponsored

Phillip-AB

Badlands
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I'm glad it works for you, but I'll keep my $10 remote in the center console and spend $280 on something else. And I actually use the visor more on the side than I do towards the front. To each their own.
i’m with you. I had an old unused remote that I use now with my BS and can save the money for something I want badly. yes, to each their own. ?

Last edited:

BMAC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2017 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Sp.
Yes, as long as you had illuminated visor mirrors.
Martin, I think Barry is saying that the power for the mirror is now being used for the Garage Door Opener? Unless for some odd reason there is a split connector hidden in the headliner for both the mirror light and the GDO? Barry will need to confirm this for us.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Martin, I think Barry is saying that the power for the mirror is now being used for the Garage Door Opener? Unless for some odd reason there is a split connector hidden in the headliner for both the mirror light and the GDO? Barry will need to confirm this for us.
The same wire feeds power to mirror and garage door opener. If you have lighted mirrors then unplug old sun visor and plug new sun visor into same electrical connector.

OP
OP
bjbena

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
The same wire feeds power to mirror and garage door opener. If you have lighted mirrors then unplug old sun visor and plug new sun visor into same electrical connector.
Bingo. Both visors (with and without UGDO) use the exact same plug with two wires. Sinply unplug old visor and plug in new one.

OP
OP
bjbena

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
i’m with you. I had an old unused remote that I use now with my BS and can save the money for something I want badly. yes, to each their own. ?
Yeah, that's why I said from the beginning for most people it would not be worth it. Only a few of us would actually do it.

cubedtothex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Awesome discovery! I'm pissed that they left these out. It should have always been standard and not a "new for 2022" item when my 2012 Focus SEL had it!

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition
I'm glad it works for you, but I'll keep my $10 remote in the center console and spend $280 on something else. And I actually use the visor more on the side than I do towards the front. To each their own.
What is the point of this post? The OP was passing on some good info for those that were interested.

TEdison

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport OBX / 2020 Lincoln Corsair
Absolutely. The only other difference I saw was the mount (which is 100% hidden) is black on BS but beige on Escape. Not enough to lose sleep over.
Wasn't the cover that conceals the mounting screws a different shape?

krkitt1

Big Bend
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Mustang GT (KITT), 2018 Ford Focus,
I just looked at my order and it has Universal Garage Door Opener (UGDO) on it, is this the same? If so they must be adding them to the 2022's

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I just looked at my order and it has Universal Garage Door Opener (UGDO) on it, is this the same? If so they must be adding them to the 2022's
New for the "22s. Not available from factory on '21s.

OP
OP
bjbena

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Thanks to this post https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/cactus-gray-has-arrived.4642/post-79141 It is now confirmed that the Ford website image for that specific package was wrong and the 22 Bronco Sport with the UGDO uses BASICALLY the same sun visor/garage door opener as the Escape Titanium. I'll assume the part numbers will be different as one is for Escape and one for BS but they are essentially the same.

Thanks to https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/members/colorado-bronco.5558/ who provided the photo of his 22 Bronco Sport.
Sponsored