Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Figure that by that time I sell or trade my Big Bend, Ford will have an EV or hybrid in the Bronco line. Maybe use the full-length Escape platform for a Bronco Sport hybrid?

Side note: caught an image of the new Volkswagen Taos while reading the article. Looks like the boxier styling is coming to more small SUVs -- can't say I'm a Volkswagen guy but glad the segment is getting some more variety.

Last edited:

HungLo

Outer Banks
First Name
Siu
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Tesla Model 3
I really wish they would bring the EV/Hybrid Bronco Sport as soon as possible. I would trade up for it. I also would rather buy direct from Ford than from Dealers.

Waiting until 2030 is just going to give Toyota room to catch up and pass Ford, IMO. Right now Toyota is way behind, why give them 8 years to catch up?

Last edited:

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
I really wish they would bring the EV/Hybrid Bronco Sport as soon as possible. I would trade up for it. I also would rather buy direct from Ford than from Dealers.
The interesting thing is that Ford is splitting off EV into it's own business.

There is speculation that this is to allow Ford to take advantage of the carve outs in state laws for EV only companies to sell direct to the consumer. IOW, at some point there will be no dealer network for Ford EVs you'll buy online.

Legacy40k

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Bronco Sport
Bronco EV, or at least Bronco Hybrid isn't an if, but a when. There's a Hybrid Wrangler, they need a hybrid to compete, and to make the mileage more manageable on the Bronco.

birddog2

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV Bronco Sport Badlands
One of the features that I like in the Bronco Sport Badlands is the compact size and efficient use of space.
What happens to size/weight when you add a heavy battery and EV motor ?
You get and Explorer EV which is bigger than I want.

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
Making big boxy cars into EVs is so counter productive. CdA of a brick makes less range. Which is an important metric in cross shopping. Increase range and that means bigger battery. Heavy and expensive. How important is high seating position for 7 people when you literally compromise everything else?

Scottie137

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
More options sounds good to me. I have an older electric vehicle. It has its use cases but those use cases no longer align with my life. I am going back to an ICE vehcile for the time being in the BS but would happily buy an electric vehicle again down the line.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
my worry with EVs is if im camping in the middle of nowhere and need a charge, i don't think my jackery and solar would suffice. Whereas the rotopax can always store additional fuel if need be.
maybe things will be more efficient by then, i mean, the new lightning is pretty slick.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
The new lightning also gets 80-90 miles per charge if you’re towing. Electric is wack

Scottie137

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
my worry with EVs is if im camping in the middle of nowhere and need a charge, i don't think my jackery and solar would suffice. Whereas the rotopax can always store additional fuel if need be.
maybe things will be more efficient by then, i mean, the new lightning is pretty slick.
Totally valid concern. In my leaf, if you run out of charge, no one can bring a "can of electricity" to you to get you enough juice to get home. You have to get the expensive tow. Its going to be awhile before you can really use any type of off road electric vehicle to truly go overlanding.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Yeah need charge stations out on the trails.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Yeah need charge stations out on the trails.
Maybe once they put those in, they can also put in the escalators on those hiking trails.:)
Sponsored