Folding Headrests

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
@sajohnson Did you ever end up getting the folding headrests? If so could you share an image?

I am looking to find a pair of black folding headrests for my 22’BS Badlands, and I can only find used 2021 models…im not sure if they will fit in my 2022..
We did get the headrests (no charge). I'm almost certain the 2021 and '22 use the same headrests -- at least post diameter and spacing. Perhaps some colors are different?

Here are some advertised for 2021 and 2022:

Ford Bronco Sport Folding Headrests 1671167495992

They are here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/275421303409

You might check with FordParts.com and/or a dealer parts dept to be certain.

Side note: Others here on the BS Forum have made a good case for going without them:

* They're expensive -- about $350 new.
* The fixed headrests are not always in the way -- dep. on the position of the front seats.
* The front seats can be moved forward (although without memory readjustment is an issue).
* The fixed headrests can be removed and stored indoors if there aren't rear seat passengers.
* The headrests can be stored in the BS (not ideal).
* Some owners rarely fold the rear seat -- it can be left up or down.

Those are all good points. For those reasons, I would not buy them.

Personally, we do periodically fold the rear seats, and the fixed headrests did hit the front seats, but also it was a matter of principle. As I posted somewhere above, the 2021 had folding headrests, if they were a victim of 'decontenting' then Ford kept that on the down-low. Also, Ford published photos of the 2022 with folding headrests. Nowhere in the build tool did it say our BS BL came with fixed rear head restraints. The folding ones were not listed as part of a 'package'. Finally, had Ford intended to semi-secretly switch from folding to fixed head restraints for 2022, they would (or should) have provided 'storage holes' for the headrest posts (our 1997 RAV4 has them).

I mention that by way of saying that -- for my wife and I anyway -- the folding headrests are nice, but there is no way I would pay anywhere near $350+tax for them. If Ford (or the dealer?) hadn't covered the cost we'd be using one of the options listed above.

Good luck!
Sponsored

Bronco_Bliss

Badlands
First Name
Bliss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
We did get the headrests (no charge). I'm almost certain the 2021 and '22 use the same headrests -- at least post diameter and spacing. Perhaps some colors are different?

Here are some advertised for 2021 and 2022:

Ford Bronco Sport Folding Headrests 1671167495992

They are here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/275421303409

You might check with FordParts.com and/or a dealer parts dept to be certain.

Side note: Others here on the BS Forum have made a good case for going without them:

* They're expensive -- about $350 new.
* The fixed headrests are not always in the way -- dep. on the position of the front seats.
* The front seats can be moved forward (although without memory readjustment is an issue).
* The fixed headrests can be removed and stored indoors if there aren't rear seat passengers.
* The headrests can be stored in the BS (not ideal).
* Some owners rarely fold the rear seat -- it can be left up or down.

Those are all good points. For those reasons, I would not buy them.

Personally, we do periodically fold the rear seats, and the fixed headrests did hit the front seats, but also it was a matter of principle. As I posted somewhere above, the 2021 had folding headrests, if they were a victim of 'decontenting' then Ford kept that on the down-low. Also, Ford published photos of the 2022 with folding headrests. Nowhere in the build tool did it say our BS BL came with fixed rear head restraints. The folding ones were not listed as part of a 'package'. Finally, had Ford intended to semi-secretly switch from folding to fixed head restraints for 2022, they would (or should) have provided 'storage holes' for the headrest posts (our 1997 RAV4 has them).

I mention that by way of saying that -- for my wife and I anyway -- the folding headrests are nice, but there is no way I would pay anywhere near $350+tax for them. If Ford (or the dealer?) hadn't covered the cost we'd be using one of the options listed above.

Good luck!
Great information thank you! I read through all of this post and your comments on BNation about this, i had to get the conclusion lol! I went ahead and ordered two folding headrests from eBay. While they are 21’s and I have a 22’; everything I’ve read suggests they’ll fit.

I often camp in the back on solo-trips and am already strapped for space so setting removed headrests somewhere was a pain.

Ill report back here when they arrive for anyone still curious on the diff models being interchangeable.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great information thank you! I read through all of this post and your comments on BNation about this, i had to get the conclusion lol! I went ahead and ordered two folding headrests from eBay. While they are 21’s and I have a 22’; everything I’ve read suggests they’ll fit.

I often camp in the back on solo-trips and am already strapped for space so setting removed headrests somewhere was a pain.

Ill report back here when they arrive for anyone still curious on the diff models being interchangeable.
Absolutely, report back!

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Pretty sure these 2021 part numbers have already been posted on this thread and these parts perfectly fit my 2022 Badlands. You can find in other colors.

i paid $221 plus $15+ shipping. Do an online search for best price with shipping.

Ford Parts America 6/14/2022
Ebony/Roast push button fold down rear seat headrests, shipping $15.02

Bronco Sport Forum:
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/folding-headrests.4910/page-6
Pics: https://thebronconation.com/forums/threads/missing-and-or-incorrect-parts-on-2022-bronco-sport-badlands.8805/page-2

Headrest Cover And Pad Right $110.96
M1PZ-78611A08-DE

Headrest Cover And Pad Left $110.96
M1PZ-78611A09-DB

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
When my '23 OBX gets here I'll just remove the rear headrests. Much better rear visibility in my opinion.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
When my '23 OBX gets here I'll just remove the rear headrests. Much better rear visibility in my opinion.
Here’s a picture of mine in the folded position. Cost me nada. Did the same for my Escape for 17 years.

And before anyone says you can’t drive without headrests when passengers are in the back, stop. They didn’t even have headrests in the cars I learned to drive in. Trust me, you can drive without those, seatbelts, ABS, and ACC.

Ford Bronco Sport Folding Headrests 60BF6E9C-1DDC-4643-84AD-A09C6E320601

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
If I can find a folding set in a junk yard for $100 or so I'll pick them up, otherwise I'll just remove them and stick them in a box somewhere. Rear seats will be folded down 99% of the time anyways. When I bought my Dodge pickup the damn rear headrests blocked the majority of the rear visibility. They were installed for the 20 mile drive home from the dealership, and been in a box somewhere ever since.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here’s a picture of mine in the folded position. Cost me nada. Did the same for my Escape for 17 years.

And before anyone says you can’t drive without headrests when passengers are in the back, stop. They didn’t even have headrests in the cars I learned to drive in. Trust me, you can drive without those, seatbelts, ABS, and ACC.

Ford Bronco Sport Folding Headrests 60BF6E9C-1DDC-4643-84AD-A09C6E320601
The hell you say! :cool:

I've even heard tell of cars without large touch screens in the center of the dash being able to go down the road.

When I was a kid, not only were there no headrests, we rode anywhere *but* on the seats -- on the floor and on the rear deck. No pesky laws about child seats back then!

Dperry285

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford bronco sport
Our 2022 Cyber Orange BS Badlands, ordered with the Premium Package, arrived without folding rear headrests. This makes it a real pain to fold the rear seat backrest down without either removing the headrest or moving the front seats up far enough to allow clearance. Other 2022 Bronco Sport photos suggest no rear folding headrests as well, however, the Ford website does show folding headrests. Just curious if Ford changed specifications for the 2022 model because the 2021 models, except for the Base, came with folding headrests. Anyone know?
I think I read on ford authority web site that was one of the things they changed from one year to the other

TnyM

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'77 Chevy c10, '22 Bronco Sport BL
I bought a set Roast folding headrests on ebay a couple of months ago from a scrapyard, came from a totaled '21, fit perfectly in our '22 BL. I paid $125 for all three rear headrests with free shipping.
Lucky.

Rodrigo_V_U

First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Wildtrak
Photo of actual headrest boxes:
Ford Bronco Sport Folding Headrests 1644700898522
Hi there, returning to this topic. These 2 P/Ns are for the foldable rear headrests in brown color with "alcantara"?

With this finish :

Ford Bronco Sport Folding Headrests 1683203390703

Just to be sure I'll place the correct order. Since here in Brazil we have some distinct specs from US.

Rgds, Rodrigo

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
That’s disappointing.

Those hinges must be made of chips too.

Add this to the list: engine covers, temperature in the knobs, trunk buttons, what else??

All '22 models have the "Dilution Package" included
"Dilution Package" now thats funny!

coopny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL
I ordered these but be very careful with the part numbers - I got a digit off and ended up with two passenger side headrests (one front, one rear) and had to deal with return shipping and a restocking fee in order to return the front headrest and get the left rear folding.

That’s disappointing.

Those hinges must be made of chips too.

Add this to the list: engine covers, temperature in the knobs, trunk buttons, what else??

All '22 models have the "Dilution Package" included
For order of priority: don't really care about the engine cover (heard mixed things on whether it was a benefit and in more rural areas it created a nice spot for critters to nest under), at least the temperature display is driven by a chip and follows the chip shortage rationale (although I got the part with displays from a wrecked 21 BS BL on eBay and put it in my 23)...

...the folding headrest and rear camera deletes are inexcusable though. I'm putting both back in (headrests are easy, the effort for the rear camera washer is higher).

Oh, and it seems like trunk buttons may have been a limited time thing. My 23 BS BL has a trunk button in the front.

OP
OP

MI Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex; 2022 BS Badlands
Hi there, returning to this topic. These 2 P/Ns are for the foldable rear headrests in brown color with "alcantara"?

With this finish :

Ford Bronco Sport Folding Headrests 1683203390703

Just to be sure I'll place the correct order. Since here in Brazil we have some distinct specs from US.

Rgds, Rodrigo
Actual photo of folding headrest from boxes above, installed in my 2022 BS Badlands. Hope this helps!

Ford Bronco Sport Folding Headrests 1685456322287

Ford Bronco Sport Folding Headrests 1685456348961
Ford Bronco Sport Folding Headrests 1685456322287
Ford Bronco Sport Folding Headrests 1685456348961
Sponsored