BSBB4Les

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Mustang conv, '22 Bronco Sport (Spooky)
I would love to know how many Big Bends were sold so far with window stickers showing fog lamps under standard equipment that are wondering wth? Who aren't on this forum.
Sponsored

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
Itā€™s not ā€œsupposedā€ to have any of what I mentioned. The 21 had them all as standard however. Which is literally the point. I think youā€™re getting stuck on thinking weā€™re complaining when itā€™s our fault for not being educated. And youā€™re missing the point entirely. The issue is that many things were removed. And now the car is lesser and incomplete. Regardless of awareness. No one is saying ā€œDamn my BS is missing ventilated seats! Iā€™m mad!ā€ When that feature never came on a BS. Itā€™s a shitty feeling to be missing features that the previous year had. Especially when some of them significantly reduce usability like the headrests not folding.

Also none of the changes were publicized.
Tap the brakes AltoBlue. I have not used the word "complaining" or said anyone was "at fault". I'm merely asking questions. No agenda, no hidden meaning, no innuendo.

You said:

"The issue is that many things were removed. And now the car is lesser and incomplete."

That's understandable. Unfortunately the previous posts (yours and others) did not say that. They just said some items were 'missing'.

On top of that, the subject of the thread is: "Fog lamps missing from my 2022 Big Bend."

So we have a feature that should have been installed that was not -- the fog lamps. Since that is the subject of the thread, I thought perhaps some of the other missing features might *also* be things that should have been installed but were not.

That's all.

I agree that it sucks that Ford made some changes that make some 2022 BS models less well equipped than the 2021 BS. That's not normal. Usually as time goes on, features that were optional become standard, vehicles have more features, not less.

AltoBlue Broncie

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Sport
Tap the brakes AltoBlue. I have not used the word "complaining" or said anyone was "at fault". I'm merely asking questions. No agenda, no hidden meaning, no innuendo.

You said:

"The issue is that many things were removed. And now the car is lesser and incomplete."

That's understandable. Unfortunately the previous posts (yours and others) did not say that. They just said some items were 'missing'.

On top of that, the subject of the thread is: "Fog lamps missing from my 2022 Big Bend."

So we have a feature that should have been installed that was not -- the fog lamps. Since that is the subject of the thread, I thought perhaps some of the other missing features might *also* be things that should have been installed but were not.

That's all.

I agree that it sucks that Ford made some changes that make some 2022 BS models less well equipped than the 2021 BS. That's not normal. Usually as time goes on, features that were optional become standard, vehicles have more features, not less.
No worries brother. I see what you meant now.

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
"Usually as time goes on, features that were optional become standard, vehicles have more features, not less."
Actually, it's the reverse - there's even an industry term: "Decontenting". "Features" tend to be removed and then "added back" in packages/trim level reshuffling. It's all about the $$$

BTW, the 2022 brochure printed in 2021 covers this stuff, so...

AltoBlue Broncie

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Usually as time goes on, features that were optional become standard, vehicles have more features, not less."
Actually, it's the reverse - there's even an industry term: "Decontenting". "Features" tend to be removed and then "added back" in packages/trim level reshuffling. It's all about the $$$

Never seen that before. Also you missed the point. It has nothing to do with if we were aware of the changes or not. Also show me where it clearly shows the temp screen and foldable headrests were removed as standard on the 22.

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Again, brochure. Printed in 21. Clearly shows HVAC dials. Folding H/R? Salesperson had that info. They failed you.
https://www.one4leather.com/article/decontenting-car-interiors-brand-loyalty
"Decontenting is easily sugarcoated with an elaborate ā€˜positiveā€™ vocabulary. Ford CEO Jim Hackett used the term ā€˜reductive designā€™ to describe the process, which makes it seem like a good thing (Posky, 2019). Yet, this ā€˜reductive designā€™ rarely benefits of the end-consumer."

Last edited:
Reactions: MJE
OP
OP
BSBB4Les

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had read that brochure but the issue isn't that Ford publicized what each model came with, it's the fact that my window sticker listed what my BSBB was supposed to be equipped with. That my Big Bend was supposed to have fog lamps as standard equipment per said window sticker and it arrived without said fog lamps is the issue I have with Ford. Whether they had a brochure out in public that stated fog lamps are only available in the convenience package is not relevant to my situation. Ford f'd up and they need to address it and not kick it to the dealer.

Last edited:

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
In your case, it's past time to get the Ford Regional Office involved. Dealer/General Manager needs to get in touch w/the rep, and go over what you want ($$$ or the fogs - best bet is to give them a choice), and see how they can make you whole.
My $.02 is that they'll look up the parts price and labor $, then offer you a dollar settlement out of what is usually called "goodwill" (an industry phrase for such funds at a local/regional level).
I would be at the dealer's doorstep ASAP - sooner is far better than later. Best of Luck!

(added) - FWIW - do NOT even mention legal action here or anywhere online. About 2 seconds after the office gets your info, an intern will be digging thru social media checking... then it would get ugly. Fast.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BSBB4Les

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I concur. Keeping it congenial and positive.

Reactions: MJE

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Where is the ford guy member on here asking for your vin?

AltoBlue Broncie

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Again, brochure. Printed in 21. Clearly shows HVAC dials. Folding H/R? Salesperson had that info. They failed you.
https://www.one4leather.com/article/decontenting-car-interiors-brand-loyalty
"Decontenting is easily sugarcoated with an elaborate ā€˜positiveā€™ vocabulary. Ford CEO Jim Hackett used the term ā€˜reductive designā€™ to describe the process, which makes it seem like a good thing (Posky, 2019). Yet, this ā€˜reductive designā€™ rarely benefits of the end-consumer."
Lol. Ok dudeā€¦?

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
In your case, it's past time to get the Ford Regional Office involved. Dealer/General Manager needs to get in touch w/the rep, and go over what you want ($$$ or the fogs - best bet is to give them a choice), and see how they can make you whole.
My $.02 is that they'll look up the parts price and labor $, then offer you a dollar settlement out of what is usually called "goodwill" (an industry phrase for such funds at a local/regional level).
I would be at the dealer's doorstep ASAP - sooner is far better than later. Best of Luck!

(added) - FWIW - do NOT even mention legal action here or anywhere online. About 2 seconds after the office gets your info, an intern will be digging thru social media checking... then it would get ugly. Fast.
That's good advice (not mentioning legal action) but in this specific case, I don't see how it would matter if someone at Ford did search his social media posts.

The concerns I've heard have to do with guys modifying and racing their car, breaking something, and then trying to get warranty repairs.

Flash3x

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 Platinum

For what itā€™s worth, when we went to pick up our ā€˜22 BL on January 24th, I asked for a ā€˜22 BS brochure to keep with all of the paperwork for the vehicle. I was told they didnā€™t have ā€˜22 brochures for any vehicle yet and didnā€™t expect to get any until April or May at earliest.

When we initially went to the dealer to inquire about the BS, we were given a 2021 brochure to look at for the trim and options available. When we ordered our 2022 BSBL in September of 2021, we were informed of the differences in the packaging names and the options included in those packages for MY22, but not of any other changes to equipment that would be considered ā€œstandardā€. I asked for a ā€˜22 brochure at the time of ordering as well, obviously they had none.

One would assume that the most reliable information the typical person could get would be from a dealership, especially since at the time of our order, Fordā€™s build and price website still only allowed you to build 2021 models.

Iā€™ll admit, the more items I find out about that Ford took out of the 2022, the more annoyed I get. Not because I need them or in some cases even want those features, but because I feel Iā€™ve been snookered. My vehicle was ordered before any of these changes went into effect, how was I supposed to know? Had I been informed and told that I could get the folding headrests and digital temp knobs for X amount more money, I probably would have bought them. But thatā€™s not even an option.

How hard would it be for Ford to put out a press release that says ā€œModel year 2022 Bronco Sports will no longer come with folding headrests, sorry for any inconvenienceā€? Just seems to me itā€™s a little underhanded, and that really sucks because Iā€™ve been a Ford guy my entire life, I donā€™t want to think of the company in that regard.

Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Iā€™m starting to like the car more and more in general. At first I hated the seat. But I finally found a comfortable position. Itā€™s fun and looks good and gets attention. BUT the complete strip down that Ford did to the 22ā€™s leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. One that is hard to remove.

While Iā€™m driving around enjoying the 360+ or the features of a modern vehicle (my DD this replaced was an 07 Element LX base, and my fun car is a 2013 Mustang GT. So neither had/have touch screens and nav etc.) Iā€™m always then reminded that I donā€™t have an engine cover or hood liner and can hear all of the annoying clicks and crackles and zipper sounds the engine makes (some cars these days donā€™t have engine covers like the new Civic Si. But ALL of them donā€™t. In this case I donā€™t have an engine cover while others do. Thatā€™s lame. I couldnā€™t care less if it does or doesnā€™t have one as long as itā€™s consistent.) I canā€™t put the back seats down easily. I donā€™t have zipper pockets. I donā€™t have rubber seat backs. I donā€™t have convenient keypad access. I donā€™t have the temp on my ac dial. And I donā€™t have stylish fog lights to even out the front look.

I continually try and justify to myself how I wouldnā€™t use or need any of those things and they arenā€™t a big deal. Some of that is true. But itā€™s the principle of it. The 21 BB is basically a completely different trim level over the 22 BB. And a much nicer one at that. I feel screwed. And when I ask Ford out of all of the missing pieces to simply hook me up with rubber seat backs and new rear folding headrests to somewhat make up for this fog light issue, and I get ignored. Itā€™s difficult to not want to sell the car and be done.
I've ordered a 22 BB and canceled cuz I found a 21 at the dealership. After reading all this I'm glad I took the 21 BB. For what you're saying the 22BB is basically the Base model with a BB sticker... Is there any differences in between base and BB now?
Sponsored