Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Not a huge deal but had this pop up 3 times In the past week all while driving in fog early in the morning. I’m assuming nothing needs repaired just fog making it hard for the camera to make things out.

Ford Bronco Sport Fog affects precollision assist/front camera IMG_3222

Ford Bronco Sport Fog affects precollision assist/front camera IMG_3229

Ford Bronco Sport Fog affects precollision assist/front camera IMG_3221
Sponsored

21Broncosaurus

Big Bend
First Name
Ish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I’ve driven through very thick fog several times and have yet to see this message.

OP
OP
Chiefthepup

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I’ve driven through very thick fog several times and have yet to see this message.
Damn. And tbh this morning when it went off, it was foggy but not terrible so I was a bit worried it was something else causing it. If it happens again I’ll take er in

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Has anyone noticed weather the wipers clear the area of the windshield in front of the camera lens?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Not a huge deal but had this pop up 3 times In the past week all while driving in fog early in the morning. I’m assuming nothing needs repaired just fog making it hard for the camera to make things out.

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP
Chiefthepup

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Have you tried cleaning in front of the camera?
Ya immediately after the first time it happened. All I can think is maybe rain and maybe the fog hitting the windshield confused the sensor for a split second? Idk haha. Not the end of the world just weird

Last edited:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Ya immediately after the first time it happened. All I can think is maybe rain and maybe the fog hitting the windshield confused the sensor for a split second? Idk haha. Not the end of the world just weird
It seems to get confused even when it isn't raining or foggy. I had mine go off and the person that turned in front of me had plenty of time. Scared the crap out of me the first time it did it. Wasn't expecting it at all.

Sojourner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport

Had this happen the other day for the first time on my Ranger with the front camera. Due to the cold and rainy weather there was significant condensation on the inside of the windshield when I went out to start it. Went through the drill of cleaning everything I could find.

In the end, it appears that the small space in front of the camera and behind the windshield just needed to dry out (as the warnings have stopped).

High humidity, cold and damp weather, heavy fog seem to be the culprits. At least that's what is being said on the Ranger forums....

(At least I'm hoping the dry-out fixed it....)

Last edited:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Glad it wasn’t foggy today! Mine went off as I approached someone in the fast lane on a curve almost stopped so they could cut across the right lane to exit. I guess it’s too much trouble to get in the right lane before you need to exit or perhaps god forbid, use a turn indicator to tell people behind you that yes I’m an idiot and want to get off this road now and from the left lane!

OP
OP
Chiefthepup

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Super foggy on my drive home tonight and this time the pre collision assist alarm started flashing. The car in front of me was maybe 100 yards ahead so it is definitely acting buggy but so far the only common denominator with all instances is foggy and dark. The photo doesn’t really do justice at how foggy it was.

Ford Bronco Sport Fog affects precollision assist/front camera IMG_3266

Ford Bronco Sport Fog affects precollision assist/front camera IMG_3268

OP
OP
Chiefthepup

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Had this happen the other day for the first time on my Ranger with the front camera. Due to the cold and rainy weather there was significant condensation on the inside of the windshield when I went out to start it. Went through the drill of cleaning everything I could find.

In the end, it appears that the small space in front of the camera and behind the windshield just needed to dry out (as the warnings have stopped).

High humidity, cold and damp weather, heavy fog seem to be the culprits. At least that's what is being said on the Ranger forums....

(At least I'm hoping the dry-out fixed it....)
Thank you for sharing this I think it’s exactly what is going on. Never ever had any front camera sensor issues til the exact conditions you stated became a daily thing here in the pnw.

OP
OP
Chiefthepup

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Alright last update. 100% associated to fog. Drove in probably the worst fog I’ve ever seen tonight and it gave another warning, not a precollision flashing warning this time but a camera being blocked warning.

Ford Bronco Sport Fog affects precollision assist/front camera IMG_3296

Ford Bronco Sport Fog affects precollision assist/front camera IMG_3294

Ford Bronco Sport Fog affects precollision assist/front camera IMG_3293

coopny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL
You may want to check out SSM 51437:

FoMoCo said:
Some 2020-2022 Escape/Corsair, 2021-2022 Bronco Sport, 2022 Maverick vehicles built on or before 23- Mar-2022 may exhibit driver assistance warning messages displayed in the instrument panel cluster (IPC): Pre-collision Assist Not Available, Cruise Control Not Available, Collision Warning Malfunction and/or Adaptive Cruise Control Malfunction. Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) U0415:00 may also be stored in the power steering control module (PSCM), DTC C0051:67 stored in the anti-lock brake system (ABS) module and DTC U0418:86 stored in the image processing module A (IPMA). This may be due to the software in the PSCM. Using the latest version of Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS) scan tool, update the PSCM to the latest software level. For claiming, use causal part 3C529 and applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.
If you have a FORScan compatible OBDII reader i'd just try to see if those codes are present. If not, may be worth a call to your dealer (as they should be able to see these codes if present through FordPass telematics).
Sponsored