Oso Fell

Badlands
First Name
Oso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport
Before someone pulls their “there’s already a thread…” out their holster, I‘ve read it and it started to go off-topic.

Are there cornering lights? If so, is it part of some package? Were they a chip-shortage sacrifice? The manual notes (If Equipped).
I know they’re the corresponding fog lights when turning. Under 25mph. Fog lights are turned off… I did all of the above and nothing. I had someone watch and still - nothing.
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Yes and no. The fog lights (if equipped) become cornering lights. I think they work pretty well. Not like the big old sedans with large white lights in the lower front fender but these are noticeable. Not sure if these were a victim of chip wars or feature removal. Mines a early 22 and has the feature.

OP
OP

Oso Fell

Badlands
First Name
Oso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport
Yes and no. The fog lights (if equipped) become cornering lights. I think they work pretty well. Not like the big old sedans with large white lights in the lower front fender but these are noticeable. Not sure if these we were a victim of chip wars or feature removal. Mines a early 22 and has the feature.
Thanks. I have a ‘23 BL and I have yet to see them work. I turn the fog lights on and off just to make sure I see the difference in the light spread. It’s very noticeable.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have a 2021 Badlands if the headlights and fog lights are turned on, the cornering light feature will not work. If the fog lights are turned off, the cornering light feature works whenever the steering wheel is turned from straight (center)

OP
OP

Oso Fell

Badlands
First Name
Oso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport
I have a 2021 Badlands if the headlights and fog lights are turned on, the cornering light feature will not work. If the fog lights are turned off, the cornering light feature works whenever the steering wheel is turned from straight (center)
Thank you.
That’s so strange. I’ve done all that you’ve mentioned but to no avail…
Maybe if any members that own BS’s with fog lights that were built mid ‘23 can verify if they have that feature.
Could be a victim of Ford’s cost-cutting.

R W NORRIS New Mexico

Big Bend
First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
You may find this "stupid", but you must check them at Night. The sensor that turns on the headlights activates the cornering lights as well. So they only work when the headlights are on, not the Daytime Running Lights. Pull up to a building at night with the headlights on and as you move the steering wheel left or right, you will see the illumination on each side. My BB has them as a 22. Good luck.

OP
OP

Oso Fell

Badlands
First Name
Oso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport

You may find this "stupid", but you must check them at Night. The sensor that turns on the headlights activates the cornering lights as well. So they only work when the headlights are on, not the Daytime Running Lights. Pull up to a building at night with the headlights on and as you move the steering wheel left or right, you will see the illumination on each side. My BB has them as a 22. Good luck.
Thanks and I’m not finding anything stupid about genuine advice. I appreciate it.

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Off topic but this is something else regarding the fog lights. I noticed when driving at night the fog lights turn off when the auto high beams engage and vice versa. The two switch back and forth so that way there's not too much light coming from the vehicle that will blind drivers. That was a very nice design touch. The cornering lights I have yet to see or just haven't noticed.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
25 mph or less
steering wheel turned from center OR turn signal ON
headlamp switch to ON or AUTO ( but the actual headlights need to be ON)

the cornering lamp IS the fog lamp itself so if you have the fog lights on you wont notice a change.

I don’t think trim package or year matters. My 22 Badlands has it, and so does my brothers big bend. My coworkers 23 outer banks does not. I don’t know if it’s a selective option. I suppose Some have them, some don’t.

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
25 mph or less

the cornering lamp IS the fog lamp itself so if you have the fog lights on you wont notice a change.

I don’t think trim package or year matters. My 22 Badlands has it, and so does my brothers big bend. My coworkers 23 outer banks does not. I don’t know if it’s a selective option. I suppose Some have them, some don’t.
I noticed early this morning. With the headlights on, fog lights off, and when using either turn signal the corner light comes on.

21021 badlands.

OP
OP

Oso Fell

Badlands
First Name
Oso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport
Off topic but this is something else regarding the fog lights. I noticed when driving at night the fog lights turn off when the auto high beams engage and vice versa. The two switch back and forth so that way there's not too much light coming from the vehicle that will blind drivers. That was a very nice design touch. The cornering lights I have yet to see or just haven't noticed.
Good to know. Thanks!

OP
OP

Oso Fell

Badlands
First Name
Oso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport
25 mph or less

Curious about your coworker’s ‘23 OB. Maybe Ford discontinued that feature for ‘23+ BS’s? I would like to hear from other ‘23 BS owners.
Sponsored