Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
Just throwing these out there as I've been SUPER happy with them, I've got the 245/65/17 Cooper AT3 4S, similar in weight to the Toyo's but should be a little more comfortable.

I think I've lost maybe .5-1 mpg from the stock 225 pirelli's. But only had 400 miles on the car when I swapped em so a little hard to tell.
Sponsored

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I know that most people know about this resource but I thought I would post the TireRack score table for this category of tires.
Ford Bronco Sport Falken or bfg ko2’s 3752939D-98A5-4A66-A778-19A6AF1C9269

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I don’t know if I already posted this so again,
My stock 225 Conti’s did best at 33 psi cold per my tread depth gage and how the ride felt.
My 235 Yokohama Geolandars are best at 32 psi cold. They are showing even tread wear and ride and handle great.
At 33 cold I swear they felt a bit harsh once warmed up.
I like to set these tires up so when fully warmed up they are at 35-36 psi.
If I’m lying I’m die’ing but just one psi cold can make a difference I can feel, I swear, or I’m really fooling myself. I am a bit crazy~~
Our sidewall is our tires radiator. This is where a tire sheds heat so construction really counts.
As does psi.
I never judge a tires handling or efficiency until I play with the pressure a bit. I’ve known lots of guys adjust psi and greatly improve the ride.
The cold psi on the door is not a must run number, remember that.
FWIW my 2016 XLT Transit Connect
Tires were low profile and wore and handled the best when loaded with 900 pounds while running 5 psi less than the door plate.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I'm looking to do 245/65/17 KO2 on my Badlands. Are you still happy with yours? How bad was the mpg fall off with 2.0L? I'm debating between KO2s and Toyo AT3. AT3 is 11 lbs lighter as already mentioned but those KO2s look good.
Love my Toyos they look baller come on :)

Spartan007

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I've had the Falken AT3W (not the AT Trail) 245/65r17 (yes 39lb tire) from day 1 on my BS BB. So I can't compare the difference between those and the factory Continentals. For 1300 miles my mpg is at about 29. About 3/4 of those miles has been highway.

I upgraded to Falkens (or any aggressive tire) because I live in MN for the winters, and I like the more aggressive look. I have a Bronco on order. So mileage is taking a back seat. Coming from a car that I've been getting 35mpg. I will be spending more time at the pump.
Are you riding on stock suspension with those 245s?

Spartan007

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I am yes. Should have I upgraded?
Most things you read online say 245s will only fit with a lift. But I’ve read several post on the forum that people are throwing them on with no lift. I was just asking because I’m wanting to upgrade and I’m curious if they fit without any rubbing or issues that you’ve noticed?

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
Most things you read online say 245s will only fit with a lift. But I’ve read several post on the forum that people are throwing them on with no lift. I was just asking because I’m wanting to upgrade and I’m curious if they fit without any rubbing or issues that you’ve noticed?
Yes quite a few out here have went to 245's/65/17. I did a little research and found that this size did not cause any rubbing, even turning at full lock, at all. I do not have a lift, all stock suspension.

Though, I have not taken if 'off-road', so I can't speak to rubbing during articulation, or off camber, etc.

dakman

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
The only thing I noticed from running 245 65r17 with a 35mm offset wheel was a little rubbing on those little rock/mud flaps that were on the front, not much and I never heard it. I just pulled them off when I did the lift.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
What is your opinion of the stock wheels vs the faux steelies? I stuck with the stock, but I might be having second thoughts...not enough to ask for a change and endanger my build schedule, but maybe slight second thoughts.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
On the BS I ordered I added the steelies. I bought this one after someone decided to not pick it up and the stocks have really grown on me. If I had to place an order right now again I would stick with the stock and not think twice. I’ll probably upgrade these at some point anyway.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
On the BS I ordered I added the steelies. I bought this one after someone decided to not pick it up and the stocks have really grown on me. If I had to place an order right now again I would stick with the stock and not think twice. I’ll probably upgrade these at some point anyway.
If they were black they would be perfect.