Falken or bfg ko2’s

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Side note, just noticed your pic, looks like we have the same A51 with AVS hood protector. Anyway, where were you on this trip, can't make out the sign? Looks like a cool place to visit. Thanks.
Photo taken at the entrance to Bachelor Loop above Creede, CO. Lots of old mining operations on this 17-mile loop. I didn't have the 245 KO2s on when this pic was made. Can't really see the tires.

The KO2s are a trade-off. Not as quiet and don't handle quite as well on pavement. But I don't plan on being stuck in a pasture with no roads or snow this winter. Something I did twice last year. I still have the 235 Falkens, not going to sell them for awhile. They are great tires.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
That chart is helpful. Using 0.035 increase in diameter, If you are running 80 on your speedo calculated speed is 82.8. From experience using my Hypertech, that sounds about right. Actual speed is two or three mph faster than speedo speed. Sound right? Not likely enough to get a ticket unless it puts you over the 10 mph cushion most highway cops give. Although a Texas trooper once gave me a ticket for doing 57 in a 55. Yes. There is more to that story. :sunglasses:

OP
OP
SnowReaper

SnowReaper

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Well it depends. Are you losing performance in anything you do (off road, etc) with the BS? Looks of course K02 wins hands down. I have K02 on our FJ and will have the Falken on the BS. Me? I would live with the lost gas performance. But then again I drive my BMW turbo in sport mode all the time and that drops gas faster than anything…but it is fun!!!
Yeah super torn between the two. I was hoping the mpg would go back with the smaller less aggressive tread and weight difference, but so far has not changed. So debating on going back to the bfg’s

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
Yeah super torn between the two. I was hoping the mpg would go back with the smaller less aggressive tread and weight difference, but so far has not changed. So debating on going back to the bfg’s
Give it some time, run through a couple tanks of gas, try different goat modes.

Maybe that up-hill part of your drive is taking a toll?

Mike_L

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Incorrect it’s a mixture between the 3. Changes height and revolutions as well as width
Ford Bronco Sport Falken or bfg ko2’s 43AA1F82-D2F2-4C97-8070-DA905CD2FAB2
Interesting. Thanks for sharing that. Very useful site.

Shorty

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Miata
I jumped on the K02 bandwagon this week, primarily because of how great these tires look on our broncos. You have to see it in person as pictures don't really capture the difference. My biggest fear was the noise factor but the difference between my falken tires and the KOs was not significant and I can hear my stereo system just fine. After removing the styrofoam inserts where the spare tire is located (they just pop right out) my K02 spare tire mounted to the spare wheel ford provided will sorta fit in this space. I have enclosed a picture that shows a one and a quarter inch gap that I can live with. I didn't remove the insulation in the wheel well that might have made this gap smaller but I was afraid this could introduce additional noise in this area.
Ford Bronco Sport Falken or bfg ko2’s KO2

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cross trek and grand caravan
Couple notes... I posted awhile back I switched at the dealer before I picked up my BS BB, stock 225 tires to the Wildpeak AT3W 245's. I run my PSI at about 36. Last tank of gas I was at 30mpg. I may mess with my PSI to see if I can get better mpg. I don't want to over inflate and create uneven wear. I've seen vehicles that have been worn down smooth in the center and bunch of tread left on the outside.
Curious why you went with those over the ko2s. Was it the road noise potential with daily driving? Mostly curious cuz I’m also in Minnesota and am trying to decide on a different tire that will do well all year (assuming we get back to normal winters around here) My brother in law works up in Longville MN and said he runs ko2s all year on his work truck up there all year and loves them.

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
Curious why you went with those over the ko2s. Was it the road noise potential with daily driving? Mostly curious cuz I’m also in Minnesota and am trying to decide on a different tire that will do well all year (assuming we get back to normal winters around here) My brother in law works up in Longville MN and said he runs ko2s all year on his work truck up there all year and loves them.
I did some research on the biggest tire I could go with without rubbing and no lift. A lot had the Falkens so I went with the same. We have Falkens on a Grand Cherokee and seem fine.

Road noise doesn't bother me. I can feel it at times though, slight vibration. Had the psi at about 36 which made the tire ride a bit more on the center tread. Just recently aired down to 33 psi and can feel it more, with it running a little more evenly, on the outer tread a bit.

They're a pretty similar tire and tread, both 3-peak snow rated, so I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Yea I'm kind of looking forward to winter to see how they do. I'll know quickly as my house is on a block that requires going up hills to get to it. I have not made it a couple times in my car, no traction.

Jocker

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Falken or bfg ko2’s Screenshot_20211024-102937_Chrome

I saw someone asking about tire pressure for the K02. I found this. I have 3 family members running the K02. I do notice a slight tire sound when riding with them. But nothing super annoying just noticable with your radio off.

As for fuel milage drop. I guess it just depends on your own daily driving conditions. I only commute 30 miles round trip to and from work. Weekends are when I hit trails so worth it to me. :)

Il drop some pics when I get them.
Ford Bronco Sport Falken or bfg ko2’s 20211025_171630

Last edited:

Brissdenice

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I just upgraded to Cooper discover at3 4s 235 17 65. Quiet, feels really planted and have good snow rating as I'm in northern Vermont 20 days a winter. Perfect tire for rutted out roads, and won't have to worry about tires rubbing . I want that sweet spot where performance both on off road aren't compromised for what I'm intending to use my badlands for. Feels and looks balanced
Picture?

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I’m late to the party, but I kept my stock size of 225 R65 17 and went to Toyo Open Country A/T IIIs and lost absolutely no gas mileage.

And they’re a pretty gnarly lookin tire.

Last edited:

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
So far (maybe 200 miles or so) and my city MPG seems to be taking a hit with 245s but highway MPG is about the same. I’ll know more after I finish this tank of gas and do my hand MPG calculations.

One of the reasons I went with the Scorpion All Terrain Plus is the weight, they’re only 36lbs. 10lbs less than the KO2s and 3lbs less than the Wildpeaks.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have had Falken 245/65/17's on my Badlands for over 8k miles without any issues, they are lighter than the KO2's. Not really any need to worry about the speedo error, it's not that much.
Sponsored