Does 2024 Sync3 include navigation?

GJarrett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport, 2017 EcoBoost Mustang
We are looking at the build page on ford.com and I can't figure out for sure if the Sync3 that comes standard includes navigation, or if we have to order the Ford copilot360 assist option to get navigation. Can anyone confirm if we have to get the 360 assist option to get navigation, or does it come with it without having to get that option?
Sponsored

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
The Ford Co-Pilot Assist Package ++ on the '23.

67L48

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350, 2023 BS BL
I'm confused about what the confusion is. This is from the 2024 online builder when describing SYNC 3:

Ford Bronco Sport Does 2024 Sync3 include navigation? Navi_Option02

Note the highlighted portions. When a thing states that "when equipped" it will generally mean that that thing is not standard and requires something additional. So, what is included with SYNC 3 is merely the ability to accommodate Navigation. The Navigation is described as available, which contrasts to included.

Similarly, when you click on what's included with the Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist+ package, you will find the Navigation system:

Ford Bronco Sport Does 2024 Sync3 include navigation? Navi_Optio

Again, this is an option that has an additional price associated with it.

Perhaps there is some other place on the website where it's described differently?

OP
OP

GJarrett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the clarification. I guess my confusion comes from my 2017 Mustang that has Sync3 and navigation was included without having to upgrade an option. Things change.

67L48

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350, 2023 BS BL
Thanks for the clarification. I guess my confusion comes from my 2017 Mustang that has Sync3 and navigation was included without having to upgrade an option. Things change.
There wasn't a 2017 Mustang that simply included navigation without an upgrade option ... not even the Shelby GT500 included navigation without a technology package cost option.

In 2017 there were the following options:
  • Base V6 -- navigation was not available at all
  • EcoBoost -- navigation was not available at all
  • EcoBoost Premium -- navigation was available as part of the Premium Plus package
  • GT -- navigation was not available at all
  • GT Premium -- navigation was available as part of the Premium Plus package
  • Shelby GT500 -- navigation was available as part of the Technology package
Additionally, an upgrade to SYNC3 did not automatically include navigation. For example the Ecoboost Premium package would have added SYNC3 in 2017, but only with the Ecoboost Premium Plus did the car receive factory navigation.

Nothing has changed regarding navigation. Ford has always been cheap and petty with the offer of navigation. It's also one of the worst navigations systems I've used. I assume Ford has some deal with Google where Ford gets some good discount on the code from Google that is 3 revs old.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
You need the Assist + option. You can confirm this by building out a Big Bend model, and under the Interior Options -> Audio Upgrades you can select the Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation. It prompts you that you need to add the Assist + option to receive it.

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I find that Car Play is a good substitute for Ford Navigation without paying extra to have Ford Navigation. iPhone can use either Apple Maps or Google Maps through Car Play.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
I find that Car Play is a good substitute for Ford Navigation without paying extra to have Ford Navigation. iPhone can use either Apple Maps or Google Maps through Car Play.
The Nav package also included adaptive cruise control which is a must have for me.

OP
OP

GJarrett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There wasn't a 2017 Mustang that simply included navigation without an upgrade option ... not even the Shelby GT500 included navigation without a technology package cost option.

In 2017 there were the following options:
  • Base V6 -- navigation was not available at all
  • EcoBoost -- navigation was not available at all
  • EcoBoost Premium -- navigation was available as part of the Premium Plus package
  • GT -- navigation was not available at all
  • GT Premium -- navigation was available as part of the Premium Plus package
  • Shelby GT500 -- navigation was available as part of the Technology package
Additionally, an upgrade to SYNC3 did not automatically include navigation. For example the Ecoboost Premium package would have added SYNC3 in 2017, but only with the Ecoboost Premium Plus did the car receive factory navigation.

Nothing has changed regarding navigation. Ford has always been cheap and petty with the offer of navigation. It's also one of the worst navigations systems I've used. I assume Ford has some deal with Google where Ford gets some good discount on the code from Google that is 3 revs old.
My Mustang is the Ecoboost Premium so I guess that's why I did not need to add it as an option. I was not aware the other Mustangs did not have it and that is was only part of the premium plus package. Thanks for the info.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I just plug in my phone and use "WAZE" and it gives me navigation and gives me the speed limit. It also lets you know where others have marked speed traps.
Sponsored