First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Sounds like some issue Ford keeping secret. Now Ford has to source parts and skilled labor to repair what ever this mystery issue is. Very strange Ford won't ship to selling dealer let them fix what ever is wrong?
Sponsored

rotorblond

Outer Banks
First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
I see on a Facebook group post there is a recall for fuel pumps that could be cracked causing leakage and fire. The fix is pending parts not available. Maybe that’s what our hold up is.

FOBGoblin

Outer Banks
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I see on a Facebook group post there is a recall for fuel pumps that could be cracked causing leakage and fire. The fix is pending parts not available. Maybe that’s what our hold up is.
Thats an active stop recall on all of them made in the middle of August. Mine was built 9/23, hoping they didn't make a month of vehicles before they figured that out.

OP
OP
Mhermann596

Mhermann596

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yep, the hits just keep on coming.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
So the lets hold sports at shipping yards and not tell anyone why secret has surfaced?

Tammy630

Outer Banks
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Why aren’t the parts available? They are still manufacturing vehicles, shouldn’t they use the parts that are going on new vehicles to fix ours before making new ones?

aianiro

Big Bend
First Name
Amelia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Well my car is one of the vehicles with a recall. Built 9/20. Which means they built with cracked fuel injectors for awhile. Such a disappointment 12/10 will be my 6 month mark from ordering and I’m about to just look at other options.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sports being held at rail yards and not being delivered 9E47E3DD-5874-4BF2-B43B-74FF3F1E4299

OP
OP
Mhermann596

Mhermann596

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Why aren’t the parts available? They are still manufacturing vehicles, shouldn’t they use the parts that are going on new vehicles to fix ours before making new ones?
And there is the rub. They definitely don’t operate in a first in first out model. I’ve seen many Bronco Sports exactly like mine get built after mine and delivered but yet mine is going on week nine in the rail yard

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Ford always prioritizes production line over already built vehicles waiting for parts. My sport was built missing chip sent to yard to sit for 6 months while Ford built shipped complete new vehicle with the part mine was missing. Ford does this across all model lines.

rotorblond

Outer Banks
First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
On the advice of salesman at a larger dealership I have ordered another BS-an identical 2023. It might get here before my 2022 that is waiting the recall fix and is being held at Darlington speedway. We shall see.

Ryan51173

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford
On the advice of salesman at a larger dealership I have ordered another BS-an identical 2023. It might get here before my 2022 that is waiting the recall fix and is being held at Darlington speedway. We shall see.
Curious if you were able to get for the same price?

rotorblond

Outer Banks
First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
OP
OP
Mhermann596

Mhermann596

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I thought about that. I’ve been able to save some extra money at this point I could swing a Badlands instead of an Outer Banks

Ryan51173

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford
Just received a call from my dealership informing me of the recall and that’s why my vehicle was shipped from the rail yard 11 miles from my dealership in Buffalo, NY to 7 hours away to NJ. They believe to have the vehicle to receive the required software update and the drain tube installed. From what I know is that the software update is too inform you of a cracked F. I. Then if a leak occurs the drain tube is to divert fuel to the least hazardous location in the engine bay. You are then to call for the repair of the cracked FI. It’s possible you might not experience any issues. I don’t know if this is business as usual for all manufacturers? Maybe just Ford? I don’t know. This is my first special order vehicle and it was smooth up until it shipped.

OP
OP
Mhermann596

Mhermann596

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hope that’s not the case. Then those of us waiting will have to wait till end of Q1 2023 for the parts
Sponsored