Mhermann596

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Well its official. Ford has just slapped the DO NOT DELIVER sign on my Bronco Sport sitting in Chicago. Its not to be delivered until the fuel injector recall is done which means that I won't see this car till April next year at the earliest. so I gave up on this Bronco Sport today. Fortunatly my dealer just took delivery of a different Bronco Sport so I bought that one that was on the lot (Alto Blue, Outer Banks). Im very dissapointed I didnt get the Area 51 color I wanted nor did I not get copilot assist +, and the Moon Roof both Options that I was really wanting. It was really not fair to me or my dealer that Ford put us in this position, but all my complaints to Ford has fallen on deaf ears. Good luck to everyone still waiting.
Sponsored

Last edited:

FOBGoblin

Outer Banks
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Well its official. Ford has just slapped the DO NOT DEL:IVER sign on my Bronco Sport sitting in Chicago. Its not to be delivered until the fuel injector recall is done which means that I won't see this car till April next year at the earliest. so I gave up on this Bronco Sport today. Fortunatly my dealer just took delivery of a different Bronco Sport so I bought that one that was on the lot (Alto Blue, Outer Banks). Im very dissapointed I didnt get the Area 51 color I wanted nor did I not get copilot assist +, and the Moon Roof both Options that I was really wanting. It was really not fair to me or my dealer that Ford put us in this position, but all my complaints to Ford has fallen on deaf ears. Good luck to everyone still waiting.
I'm really hating that for you, I hope that's not the case for everyone. I got hit with the 11/18 recall. Ford is still saying it's in transit to dealer with a new deliver date of DEC11. I was just annoyed that mine went from Memphis to Jackson MS. Seems like it's on its way back. I'm gonna call the Merchandising team Monday cause you have me nervous.

OP
OP
Mhermann596

Mhermann596

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm really hating that for you, I hope that's not the case for everyone. I got hit with the 11/18 recall. Ford is still saying it's in transit to dealer with a new deliver date of DEC11. I was just annoyed that mine went from Memphis to Jackson MS. Seems like it's on its way back. I'm gonna call the Merchandising team Monday cause you have me nervous.
Im hoping thats not the case for you. It sucks that Ford did this at all.

rotorblond

Outer Banks
First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Well its official. Ford has just slapped the DO NOT DELIVER sign on my Bronco Sport sitting in Chicago. Its not to be delivered until the fuel injector recall is done which means that I won't see this car till April next year at the earliest. so I gave up on this Bronco Sport today. Fortunatly my dealer just took delivery of a different Bronco Sport so I bought that one that was on the lot (Alto Blue, Outer Banks). Im very dissapointed I didnt get the Area 51 color I wanted nor did I not get copilot assist +, and the Moon Roof both Options that I was really wanting. It was really not fair to me or my dealer that Ford put us in this position, but all my complaints to Ford has fallen on deaf ears. Good luck to everyone still waiting.
I feel you. I ordered another just for this reason. It should arrive before my 2022. ☹

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I'm really sorry. I've been following your shipping fiasco for months now and keeping my fingers crossed all the while. I'm glad you have a Sport but know it's probably bittersweet since you're missing so many options that you wanted. Enjoy what you have. These things tend to retain their value, so if your order does show up, maybe you can trade in your current one and pick up yours.

OP
OP
Mhermann596

Mhermann596

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm really sorry. I've been following your shipping fiasco for months now and keeping my fingers crossed all the while. I'm glad you have a Sport but know it's probably bittersweet since you're missing so many options that you wanted. Enjoy what you have. These things tend to retain their value, so if your order does show up, maybe you can trade in your current one and pick up yours.
I think the current plan is to wait till 24 and hope for a Hybrid.

rotorblond

Outer Banks
First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
I think the current plan is to wait till 24 and hope for a Hybrid.
Just curious how you bought one without the recall…if they have a stop sell on them.

OP
OP
Mhermann596

Mhermann596

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Just curious how you bought one without the recall…if they have a stop sell on them.
For now they just have a stop sell on the ones that haven’t been delivered and are sitting in storage. I figured that soon Ford would include the ones on the dealer lot, another reason I pulled the trigger and bought the one I did yesterday.

OP
OP
Mhermann596

Mhermann596

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
For now they just have a stop sell on the ones that haven’t been delivered and are sitting in storage. I figured that soon Ford would include the ones on the dealer lot, another reason I pulled the trigger and bought the one I did yesterday.
Actually, I just looked it up. The one I bought is not involved in the Fuel injector recall. The one I bought was one of the last ones built the first week of November..
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sports being held at rail yards and not being delivered 77BBEA5D-00AA-4164-8E67-0317DAECB86C

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I just got notified that my '23 OBX is being built today. According to the window sticker it will be shipped by rail. It has to go from the plant in Mexico to Syracuse, NY. Any guesses as to how long until it's at my dealer?

OP
OP
Mhermann596

Mhermann596

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I just got notified that my '23 OBX is being built today. According to the window sticker it will be shipped by rail. It has to go from the plant in Mexico to Syracuse, NY. Any guesses as to how long until it's at my dealer?
No idea about when it gets to the dealer, but once it’s on rail you can get the rail car number from Ford and track it that way. Search this forum for rail tracking to get the phone numbers.

BroncoDave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I feel you. I ordered another just for this reason. It should arrive before my 2022. ☹
I am afraid that all of these delays, etc. will kill the resale value (if I ever get mine) when the market floods after all the 2022's get delivered that were previously ordered and not delivered before 2023's.

rogerlm2

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Impala
well mine was complete and ready to go per Ford on August 25........still waiting

KatieF34

Outer Banks
First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
So disappointing! It really is kind of crazy how all this worked out and sorry you had to go through that. Not that it would have made the situation better- but it really is too bad that you weren't made aware of this 2 months ago when it wasn't being delivered. It hasn't been an easy road!

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I am afraid that all of these delays, etc. will kill the resale value (if I ever get mine) when the market floods after all the 2022's get delivered that were previously ordered and not delivered before 2023's.
I doubt market will flood. Most likely ongoing supply chain issues little to no inventory at dealers. Demand will be higher then supply greedy dealers charging over MSRP and zero discounts from Ford. So I am not expecting much if any drop in resale in foreseeable future.
Sponsored