First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
but it really is too bad that you weren't made aware of this 2 months ago when it wasn't being delivered. It hasn't been an easy road!
Yeah for some reason it was some big secret why sports got held up in shipping yards. Literally months no communication what was going on. Ford kept dealers and customers in the dark no one knew anything except sports were stuck in shipping yards. Reason unknown and not a peep from Ford as to why? Some big secret don't tell anyone anything about anything.
Sponsored

FOBGoblin

Outer Banks
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yeah for some reason it was some big secret why sports got held up in shipping yards. Literally months no communication what was going on. Ford kept dealers and customers in the dark no one knew anything except sports were stuck in shipping yards. Reason unknown and not a peep from Ford as to why? Some big secret don't tell anyone anything about anything.
Seems to be the fuel pump recall. Not sure if fuel injector recall is gonna get held at rail. I talked to Bronco Support today and they said I was still on schedule for the 11th. I called my dealer today and I just got the traditional "I'll call you back." with no other response. I'll update the thread if I do ever hear back.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I believe the fuel pump recall was for a bracket and only two days of BS production in August. Far more likely the hold is part of the 600,000+ vehicle recall for injectors. But that’s just me playing the odds… :sunglasses:

OP
OP
Mhermann596

Mhermann596

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I believe the fuel pump recall was for a bracket and only two days of BS production in August. Far more likely the hold is part of the 600,000+ vehicle recall for injectors. But that’s just me playing the odds… :sunglasses:
The do not sell order on that Bronco Sport specifically mentioned the fuel injector

Annieann

Outer Banks
First Name
Vicki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Well its official. Ford has just slapped the DO NOT DELIVER sign on my Bronco Sport sitting in Chicago. Its not to be delivered until the fuel injector recall is done which means that I won't see this car till April next year at the earliest. so I gave up on this Bronco Sport today. Fortunatly my dealer just took delivery of a different Bronco Sport so I bought that one that was on the lot (Alto Blue, Outer Banks). Im very dissapointed I didnt get the Area 51 color I wanted nor did I not get copilot assist +, and the Moon Roof both Options that I was really wanting. It was really not fair to me or my dealer that Ford put us in this position, but all my complaints to Ford has fallen on deaf ears. Good luck to everyone still waiting.
I'm with you after waiting an agonizing 10 months for my Bronco Sport then finding out I won't
even get it until after April next year I finally gave up too. That would be a total of 1 year and 2 months of waiting for me and I'm done.

OP
OP
Mhermann596

Mhermann596

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Even though I bought one off the lot, I still think Ford owes us some sort of compensation for this fiasco.

BroncoDave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm with you after waiting an agonizing 10 months for my Bronco Sport then finding out I won't
even get it until after April next year I finally gave up too. That would be a total of 1 year and 2 months of waiting for me and I'm done.
I agree with you wholeheartedly on this. This is absolutely ludicrous!

FOBGoblin

Outer Banks
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Im hoping thats not the case for you. It sucks that Ford did this at all.
Sooo I went to the dealer on the 12th knowing it wasn't there. My delivery got pushed to Jan 8th. I had them run a investigation and the GM said I wasn't getting it before June. Luckily there was an Area 51 OB a few hrs away and he was able to snag it for me. I didn't get my color (cactus grey) but I got a lot more of the upgrades I didn't order but still at MSRP. It wasn't exactly what I wanted but a close second. I couldn't imagine have to go through this crap of Ford trying to keep a recall in the dark until June while im waiting in limbo for another 6 months. Well, that's my update.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sports being held at rail yards and not being delivered IMG20221214100523

Ryan51173

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford
Sooo I went to the dealer on the 12th knowing it wasn't there. My delivery got pushed to Jan 8th. I had them run a investigation and the GM said I wasn't getting it before June. Luckily there was an Area 51 OB a few hrs away and he was able to snag it for me. I didn't get my color (cactus grey) but I got a lot more of the upgrades I didn't order but still at MSRP. It wasn't exactly what I wanted but a close second. I couldn't imagine have to go through this crap of Ford trying to keep a recall in the dark until June while im waiting in limbo for another 6 months. Well, that's my update.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sports being held at rail yards and not being delivered IMG20221214100523
Congratulations to you. I hope you enjoy it. I actually followed someone else’s lead an ordered another BS OB this will be a 23’ through my dealership a week ago. I cannot locate what I ordered originally at any dealership with in a reasonable drive. My dealership is contradicting what your dealership is saying lol. Mine stated that they will have my 22 BS OB vehicle to me before the end of the 1st qtr of the new year. Per dealership no way Ford can lose that much revenue for months on end. 🤷‍♂️ I wouldn’t wager any money on either prognosticators. My dealership is really good to me and I asked the price difference between my 22 and the 23? My dealership stated barely any difference and it won’t matter as the 22 will be here in January/February. I said Okay…I have no faith in the crystal ball he’s looking into. Time will tell. Anyway, enjoy your new BS.

FOBGoblin

Outer Banks
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Congratulations to you. I hope you enjoy it. I actually followed someone else’s lead an ordered another BS OB this will be a 23’ through my dealership a week ago. I cannot locate what I ordered originally at any dealership with in a reasonable drive. My dealership is contradicting what your dealership is saying lol. Mine stated that they will have my 22 BS OB vehicle to me before the end of the 1st qtr of the new year. Per dealership no way Ford can lose that much revenue for months on end. 🤷‍♂️ I wouldn’t wager any money on either prognosticators. My dealership is really good to me and I asked the price difference between my 22 and the 23? My dealership stated barely any difference and it won’t matter as the 22 will be here in January/February. I said Okay…I have no faith in the crystal ball he’s looking into. Time will tell. Anyway, enjoy your new BS.
Keep me updated, can't wait to see yours!

Ryan51173

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford
I failed to mention. I believe order tracker went belly up. Not that it was extremely helpful but nice to provide hope.
Keep me updated, can't wait to see yours!
[/Will do and hopefully sooner than later. Thanks

rotorblond

Outer Banks
First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
I did the exact same thing. I ordered a 23 in November with a build date in January. My 22 is stuck in Darlington SC with the recall group. I’m limited to ordering because of A/Z plan so I can’t buy one off the lot. I suspect the 23 will show up before the 22 will.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I ordered a '23 OBX on the 17th of August. It was originally scheduled to build in late November but moved to week of December 5. It was built on December 10 and put into shipped status on December 12th. It is supposed to be delivered to the dealer between the 6th and 12th of January. It will be interesting to see if my order gets held up for any reason.

UPDATE: Vehicle arrived at dealer on 1/9. I'm picking it up tomorrow 1/11.

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
It will be interesting to see if my order gets held up for any reason.
Most likely it will get shipped to dealer. The ones held up for recall were a bad batch the '23s are not supposed to have that defect.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Per dealership no way Ford can lose that much revenue for months on end. 🤷‍♂️
Ford lets large numbers of new vehicles sit in lots for 6 plus months all the time across all the models. Been going on for a couple years now wide spread problem. Luckily you all can order a '23. When it happened to me Ford closed Badlands order banks early '21 so wasn't able to order another one no choice but to wait and watch the new ones rolled off the line shipped right to dealer while mine sat 6 months.
Sponsored