Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
We have had our Rapid Red BB for a week now & I asked my wife since it is her DD how she likes it, & she loves it. As someone stated above the truck sounds solid when you close the doors, & the fit & finish of the exterior & interior panels is superb. Very happy with our purchase.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Quality in Real Life 100_1814.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Quality in Real Life 100_1818.JPG
Sponsored

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
For being a utility vehicle, the Interior material (plastic) quality is marginal, easly scratches with normal use, also the rubber mat material is more like vinyl and is easily marred as well. If you dont crate your dog to transport them in the BS or cover the space your dog will occupy with a blanket or drop cloth the interior will quickly be jacked up.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
For being a utility vehicle, the Interior material (plastic) quality is marginal, easly scratches with normal use, also the rubber mat material is more like vinyl and is easily marred as well. If you dont crate your dog to transport them in the BS or cover the space your dog will occupy with a blanket or drop cloth the interior will quickly be jacked up.
Pretty much like a FJ cruiser. Plastic way scratchable, but so easy to wash and dogs are like housing a leopard in your car. Yet we love It!

garagelogic

Outer Banks
First Name
Brodie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
In my opinion, all pets riding in cars should be crated, if only for their protection. Nothing irks me more than seeing somebody driving around with their dog on their lap or roaming free in the cabin/bed of a vehicle.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Since a number of folks here are now actually driving their own Sports, what has your general impression been in terms of design and manufacturing quality? Any particular issues come up so far?
Got mine dec 2020, got 12,500 miles on the clock.
Base model in Shadow Black.
Nice little economical 4X4
I think of it as an Escape on steroids.
Meets all of my needs, lacks nothing
Being one of the first out I beat all the price increases.. $26k plus destination. But got a thousand more for my trade than blue book because I asked nicely.
Iā€™m not a complainer, never was. I donā€™t expect perfection. If I did Iā€™d buy a quarter million dollar car.
This Bronco sport just works for me.
A nit pick complaint about a paint chip where a rock hit me.
Thatā€™s just not me. It will get more marks of use as time goes by.
Itā€™s a USED vehicle now. Iā€™m still happy.
Iā€™ll get a new one when Iā€™m tired of this one, probably before I hit a hundred thousand miles, say 90k
And trade to new again.
This BS, itā€™s a keeper.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
We have had our Rapid Red BB for a week now & I asked my wife since it is her DD how she likes it, & she loves it. As someone stated above the truck sounds solid when you close the doors, & the fit & finish of the exterior & interior panels is superb. Very happy with our purchase.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Quality in Real Life 100_1814.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Quality in Real Life 100_1818.JPG
The Rapid Red looks great! Wish it was still available.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Six days and only a few things have jumped out at me.
The door levers and glove box levers feel very cheap. Especially the glovebox lever, which feels not just cheap but flimsy.
Sync 3 is not playing well with my phone. To be fair my phone is Moto G6, which is inexpensive and three years old. It does however work perfectly with my 4Runner.
And the rear suspension seems to be a little too softly sprung.

Those are just nit picking little things.

So far I'm gob smacked by how much I like it.

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So I went from a 2015 ā€˜Stang base 4cyl eco-boost to a BS/OB. We also own a 2013 Flex Platinum. GREAT 7 seater.

so I drove my OB (no Lux package, so basic OB still really nice on the inside) for a month and a half. I had test driven a BL/BL but it got sold out from under me with a cash offer. I jumped at an OB because the trade on my mustang was ridiculous. Like in a good way.

I know this isnā€™t a full on review, but I donā€™t have many miles on my BL.

yes I said BLā€¦. Not BO and here is why.

Anyhow. It drove nice. It was not quite ā€œtruckyā€ with the unibody and OB stuff. I was super impressed by just about everything, but it wasnā€™t a badlands (yesā€¦ past tense). it sure was pretty and neat on the inside. And it really handled the AZ mountains to flagstaff like it was nothing but a flat road (6% or more grades).

A Badlands came up (just badlands, not BL/BL) and I took a chance. I was actually able to get upgraded without loosing my shirt.

In my opinion, they are both great trims in their own right. I donā€™t have quite all the wizbang trinkets I had with the OBā€¦ butā€¦.Badlands. The extra OB gadgets are cool but not a necessity.

I would put the OB firmly in daily driver that will get you to some cool places. It drove smooth on rough roads, turns on a dime and parks just about anywhere.

I do like my Badlands more. Donā€™t really miss the leather. For some reason it _feels_ bigger. Roomier. I canā€™t explain that. But it does. It also feels more ā€œtruckyā€ with the BL suspension. I was used to feeling the road in my stang and I feel it again in the BL. It also climbs and goes better in the rougher soft roading I have tried. Having the 4x4 lock and/or the mud and ruts is a big booster.

I also noticed another difference. The back window in the tailgate is different between the two. In the OB the parts behind the top hinge were basically cables and a little snapped on cover. I thinkā€¦ was the tail light on the window? I never really paid attention beyond that my BL doesnā€™t have that ā€œinside the bodyā€ thing going on. Itā€™s black roof to inside the car. So .

just a small difference. But it makes me wonder what else I will find different as I go.

all in allā€¦. I think no matter the trim it will do people right from the things I have seen here and around YouTube. I look at cars like I do computers. Get the best one you can afford an enjoy it.

Reactions: MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
So I went from a 2015 ā€˜Stang base 4cyl eco-boost to a BS/OB. We also own a 2013 Flex Platinum. GREAT 7 seater.

so I drove my OB (no Lux package, so basic OB still really nice on the inside) for a month and a half. I had test driven a BL/BL but it got sold out from under me with a cash offer. I jumped at an OB because the trade on my mustang was ridiculous. Like in a good way.

I know this isnā€™t a full on review, but I donā€™t have many miles on my BL.

yes I said BLā€¦. Not BO and here is why.

Anyhow. It drove nice. It was not quite ā€œtruckyā€ with the unibody and OB stuff. I was super impressed by just about everything, but it wasnā€™t a badlands (yesā€¦ past tense). it sure was pretty and neat on the inside. And it really handled the AZ mountains to flagstaff like it was nothing but a flat road (6% or more grades).

A Badlands came up (just badlands, not BL/BL) and I took a chance. I was actually able to get upgraded without loosing my shirt.

In my opinion, they are both great trims in their own right. I donā€™t have quite all the wizbang trinkets I had with the OBā€¦ butā€¦.Badlands. The extra OB gadgets are cool but not a necessity.

I would put the OB firmly in daily driver that will get you to some cool places. It drove smooth on rough roads, turns on a dime and parks just about anywhere.

I do like my Badlands more. Donā€™t really miss the leather. For some reason it _feels_ bigger. Roomier. I canā€™t explain that. But it does. It also feels more ā€œtruckyā€ with the BL suspension. I was used to feeling the road in my stang and I feel it again in the BL. It also climbs and goes better in the rougher soft roading I have tried. Having the 4x4 lock and/or the mud and ruts is a big booster.

I also noticed another difference. The back window in the tailgate is different between the two. In the OB the parts behind the top hinge were basically cables and a little snapped on cover. I thinkā€¦ was the tail light on the window? I never really paid attention beyond that my BL doesnā€™t have that ā€œinside the bodyā€ thing going on. Itā€™s black roof to inside the car. So .

just a small difference. But it makes me wonder what else I will find different as I go.

all in allā€¦. I think no matter the trim it will do people right from the things I have seen here and around YouTube. I look at cars like I do computers. Get the best one you can afford an enjoy it.
Thanks for the review between the two trims as I think thatā€™s a huge debate for many shoppers. I know it was for me. I suspect thereā€™s price overlap between a more basic BL & the OB, making some trade offs a tough decision.

For myself I chose BL even though I donā€™t anticipate using any more off-road than what the OB would do, but appreciate some of the other features. I was fortunate though that my budget would cover a BL with all options, and the features Iā€™ll miss are ones not available on any BS trim.

If you do find more differences or insights please do share.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Since a number of folks here are now actually driving their own Sports, what has your general impression been in terms of design and manufacturing quality? Any particular issues come up so far?
Roughly 2500 miles so far and I had one come up, which turns out to be a user error so no major or concerning issues so far. That is impressive considering 1st year model.

About the only issue that annoys me is plastic creaking/rubbing on the front passenger side when car body flexes. And it does that a lot. Seems to be coming from the door/A-pillar area. Pointless asking my wife to narrow it down as she shrugs it off saying what noise, I don't hear anything. :) I plan on bringing it up at my first service.

JKWomack

Outer Banks
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
... and some light scratches from delivery (thanks to the group that peeled the protective plastic off... they scratched some of the B-Pillar glossy black pieces).
This seems like a common problem. I used to run a shop that did the aesthetic part of the pre-delivery inspection for a family of dealerships and it's coming from people using regular towels (which are commercially cleaned and often come back...less than) and not chamois to dry off the vehicle. I noticed it when I got mine home and I'm super bent out of shape about it. It's fixable, with as shallow as mine are, and I'll have the guy I'm taking the BS to rectify it before we put ceramics on it.
Sponsored