Bronco Sport Exceeds My Expectations

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ford can start with BS cause it's made in Mexico.
We can also stop our federal government that a little more than half of us currently love so much from punishing successful corporations with...punitive...regulations and taxes and consent agreements and other ridiculous regulatory requirements. Ford would not be in MX right now if it weren't significantly cheaper and easier to manufacture there. The trends are already here, the exoduses from high-tax, high-regulation states -- even the US itself -- by manufacturers, even people (ex. retirees and ex-pats not tied to a physical location in the US anymore). Success is made by individuals, and groups of collaborating, incorporated individuals (get it?) -- not bloated, initiative-crushing, overbearing, omni-present in every facet of life central government.
Sponsored

dano0726

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
I believe the Toyota Tacoma production/assembly is being moved from San Antonio down to Mexico (Texas doesn't have an individual income tax, but does have a corporate franchise/margins tax + an ever increasing statewide property tax...)

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
Meanwhile Toyotas are made in America. The Bronco Sport has a lot of advantages. Supporting American workers isn’t one.
There are a lot of American workers that aren't in the assembly plants that are being supported by Ford in the US. Don't get me wrong it would be nice if it was assembled here too but it's not a total loss.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
It's helping to support this retired autoworker and stock owner.
Congratulations on retiring prior to outsourcing. Meanwhile, Toyota providing jobs for the next generation autoworker. I'm not stirring the pot, just keeping it real.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Congratulations on retiring prior to outsourcing. Meanwhile, Toyota providing jobs for the next generation autoworker. I'm not stirring the pot, just keeping it real.
I think they have different economics arranged with their plants, locales, and workers, don't they?

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Well this derailed quickly.
Lol. Back on topic... the exceeded expectations / waiting game.

The chip shortage is one of the well known reasons for across the industry delays. Is anyone aware of what's holding up the production for various BS models/configurations?

I'm gonna do my usual 2 week check in with my dealer tomorrow, assuming he's still taking my calls. :) Funny, they have a FE available. They are asking what looked to me like 4K over MSRP. I was thinking the other day that from dealer's perspective, the best thing were to happen if as many of these special orders backed out as possible. That way they can move some of these over MSRP while they still can. So incentive for them to give me/us accurate updates is rather low. Paranoid? May be just a little.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3

The chip shortage is one of the well known reasons for across the industry delays. Is anyone aware of what's holding up the production for various BS models/configurations?

I'm gonna do my usual 2 week check in with my dealer tomorrow, assuming he's still taking my calls. :) Funny, they have a FE available. They are asking what looked to me like 4K over MSRP. I was thinking the other day that from dealer's perspective, the best thing were to happen if as many of these special orders backed out as possible. That way they can move some of these over MSRP while they still can. So incentive for them to give me/us accurate updates is rather low. Paranoid? May be just a little.
Paranoid? Probably not. I mentioned on another thread my dealer tried to low ball my trade. Told me he could sell my OB for over sticker if I walked away. I specifically avoided the local dealer because they are awful. Drove 40 minutes away to another dealer. I hate car shopping.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
Hi all,
I'm not much of a forum person but felt like I needed to share about my new Bronco Sport Outerbanks and why it is an incredible vehicle. Some back ground: I live on a 30 acre farm. It's sloped and muddy here at times during the year. I have had 4 Jeeps in the past 20 years and currently own a GMC Sierra SLE with a V8 5.3L Vortec Engine with a 6" lift. A beast. Which is why I switched from ordering the Big Bronco to the Sport. Before my Sport arrived I watched a lot of videos (bought sight unseen) and read a lot. When my Sport finally arrived I was expecting that I hyped myself up so much that I'd be disappointed. I was thrilled. Looks amazing. The drive home from the port was incredible. The hood is big so I had to sit a little higher than I usually do. The power is great. The road I took to get home is 15 miles of cruves up hill and she never faultered. The real surpise is the handling of the Sport. No sway, no holy shit I'm going to roll feeling AT ALL. The sterring is really tight and the Sport maneuvers really well. After 4 days straight of rain I had to take clients out and she handled really well in the mud. I am going to change the tires out to mud terrains because of where I live it just makes more sense. If you want a great ride that's rugged and a looker this is the best suv on the market. If you want to spend 75K and have a huge vehicle- buy the Big Bronco and leave us Sport folks alone (lol).
Isn't it a great vehicle? I'm always looking for excuses to drive. Can't wait to take her camping.

Powerz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport

It's the chip shortage annnnnnd some of the models got recalled back a month or two back as well for some issues. Pretty much all replacement parts as well are on backorder and on hold, takes about 3 weeks just to get the seat covers rn, and triple the price for the spare mini tire lol. Windshields I think are even back ordered 3 mos out for replacements. It's putting them in a bind of where to send the pieces and if they're focusing on getting repair parts out compared to getting production of the full automobile going it makes sense for the car delay beyond just the chips.

GiraffezMilk

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My buddies 2 door jeep wrangler cost him $46,000. My Baby Bronco base model was 28k.
Mine rides way better on the road, his tosses us around.
I track better.
He gets 21 mpg at best.
He has to unlock to make our tight switch backs going up so he won't tear up the turns then relock the 4x4 to climb.
I don't have to do a thing but roll on.
His Jeep cabin has a very closed and claustrophobic feel when compared to the Baby Bronco.
He freaked when he got behind the wheel of mine, could not believe the spacious interior.
Like I said before, it's like Dr. Who's Tardis !
When you get back out and walk around the BS it's hard to see how they got that much room inside.
Yep all the other SUV's are now outdated and will need complete new designs.
Or better yet let's stop buying any of the foreign makes and put our vehicles on our roads. If enough of us did this we could possibly get Detroit back online.
America first !
The big Jeeps will soon be seen as the way overpriced status symbols they have become as soon as the new bad boy toy arrives, the real Bronco.
This is an awesome read. So I have the big bend model and I've never done off roading in my life. I've been trying to find info on the big bend to see how capable it is because i'm new and dumb to this stuff. I also have a friend that is super competitive with me and is kinda talking crap because he bought a subaru forester at the same time and is basically saying my baby bronco couldn't keep up.

What are your thoughts on off roading with your Bronco Sport base because it sounds like you and your buddy have done a bit of riding.

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
Paranoid? Probably not. I mentioned on another thread my dealer tried to low ball my trade. Told me he could sell my OB for over sticker if I walked away. I specifically avoided the local dealer because they are awful. Drove 40 minutes away to another dealer. I hate car shopping.
I walked away from my 7/14 order because my first dealer did the same thing. Offered 400 on the trade and when we said we’d walk he said he could easier sell it to someone else so we walked and sold the old car to Carmax for 2000 and ordered another one from another dealer.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
This is an awesome read. So I have the big bend model and I've never done off roading in my life. I've been trying to find info on the big bend to see how capable it is because i'm new and dumb to this stuff. I also have a friend that is super competitive with me and is kinda talking crap because he bought a subaru forester at the same time and is basically saying my baby bronco couldn't keep up.

What are your thoughts on off roading with your Bronco Sport base because it sounds like you and your buddy have done a bit of riding.
I've had my share of cowboy Cadillacs and a 4x4 Chevy blazer all hopped up to where I needed a $1600 drive shaft (1980 dollars)that could take the punishment. I pulled a 22,000 pound Bucyrus Erie well drilling rig that was belly down in mud out with a 4 inch snatch with that Blazer. It would take Dukes of Hazzard jumps and did.
I bought my Baby Bronco BASE Model to climb steep gravel, It will never get scratched in the woods.
I'm still on the Factory Continental All weather/Highway tires and can climb all kinds of steep, slippery, loose stuff. I don't even need cool looking chunky AT tires.
I've ridden in more than a few Subaru's and I'd not bet cash money with a Subaru owner on weather or not he could out 4X4 me because I'd feel guilty taking his money.
Even my Base model and Its simpler Goat system outclasses the Subaru drive system.
It's 2021 and the old stuff is outdated, uh that's All the others btw.

Real 4X4 trails are not dirt roads, they are steep climbs and descent's, extreme off camber sections, mud flats, deep sand and Rock climbing. All this takes more than a good 4x4 It takes skills, common sense, balls and lots of money to cover repairs, damage and mod's that will never end. Modifications never end in the 4X4 world, you break it you have to make it better or,,,,
wait for it,,,
You will break it again ! Aaaannnnnd once this is done something else will break.
This Is The Way :D
You want to get Into 4x4 stuff you better hold out for the Real Bronco because our Baby Bronc's while being quite capable for what they are will only do well on carefully chosen trails like the ones In video's you will find all over this Forum. On these groomed trails, routs are selected because they show the limits of the Bronco Sport with the Seven Mode Goat made for people WITH skills and stick time. Can you afford to risk destroying a $35,000 plus vehicle In short order ?
Somebody on this forum already tore off some underbody part, It was Plastic, I wonder If he was surprised ?
Get with some people who actually have time in this sport, You will not get the skills you need in these Forums.. Good Luck.
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/vaughn-gittin-jr-takes-his-badlands-sport-to-hells-revenge-moab.2388/

Last edited:

GiraffezMilk

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've had my share of cowboy Cadillacs and a 4x4 Chevy blazer all hopped up to where I needed a $1600 drive shaft (1980 dollars)that could take the punishment. I pulled a 22,000 pound Bucyrus Erie well drilling rig that was belly down in mud out with a 4 inch snatch with that Blazer. It would take Dukes of Hazzard jumps and did.
I bought my Baby Bronco BASE Model to climb steep gravel, It will never get scratched in the woods.
I'm still on the Factory Continental All weather/Highway tires and can climb all kinds of steep, slippery, loose stuff. I don't even need cool looking chunky AT tires.
I've ridden in more than a few Subaru's and I'd not bet cash money with a Subaru owner on weather or not he could out 4X4 me because I'd feel guilty taking his money.
Even my Base model and Its simpler Goat system outclasses the Subaru drive system.
It's 2021 and the old stuff is outdated, uh that's All the others btw.

Real 4X4 trails are not dirt roads, they are steep climbs and descent's, extreme off camber sections, mud flats, deep sand and Rock climbing. All this takes more than a good 4x4 It takes skills, common sense, balls and lots of money to cover repairs, damage and mod's that will never end. Modifications never end in the 4X4 world, you break it you have to make it better or,,,,
wait for it,,,
You will break it again ! Aaaannnnnd once this is done something else will break.
This Is The Way :D
You want to get Into 4x4 stuff you better hold out for the Real Bronco because our Baby Bronc's while being quite capable for what they are will only do well on carefully chosen trails like the ones In video's you will find all over this Forum. On these groomed trails, routs are selected because they show the limits of the Bronco Sport with the Seven Mode Goat made for people WITH skills and stick time. Can you afford to risk destroying a $35,000 plus vehicle In short order ?
Somebody on this forum already tore off some underbody part, It was Plastic, I wonder If he was surprised ?
Get with some people who actually have time in this sport, You will not get the skills you need in these Forums.. Good Luck.
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/vaughn-gittin-jr-takes-his-badlands-sport-to-hells-revenge-moab.2388/
Thanks for this. This is a great response. From reading, it sounds like it's perfectly capable for what I will use it for.

I'm not so sure I want to get into that world of 4x4 true offloading. I'd just like to hit some dirt trails and climb some inclines if necessary. Also maybe go to some more adventurous areas than my old Ford focus stick shift could.
Sponsored