Bronco Sport Exceeds My Expectations

BroncoHawaii

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Hi all,
I'm not much of a forum person but felt like I needed to share about my new Bronco Sport Outerbanks and why it is an incredible vehicle. Some back ground: I live on a 30 acre farm. It's sloped and muddy here at times during the year. I have had 4 Jeeps in the past 20 years and currently own a GMC Sierra SLE with a V8 5.3L Vortec Engine with a 6" lift. A beast. Which is why I switched from ordering the Big Bronco to the Sport. Before my Sport arrived I watched a lot of videos (bought sight unseen) and read a lot. When my Sport finally arrived I was expecting that I hyped myself up so much that I'd be disappointed. I was thrilled. Looks amazing. The drive home from the port was incredible. The hood is big so I had to sit a little higher than I usually do. The power is great. The road I took to get home is 15 miles of cruves up hill and she never faultered. The real surpise is the handling of the Sport. No sway, no holy shit I'm going to roll feeling AT ALL. The sterring is really tight and the Sport maneuvers really well. After 4 days straight of rain I had to take clients out and she handled really well in the mud. I am going to change the tires out to mud terrains because of where I live it just makes more sense. If you want a great ride that's rugged and a looker this is the best suv on the market. If you want to spend 75K and have a huge vehicle- buy the Big Bronco and leave us Sport folks alone (lol).
Sponsored

dano0726

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
I agree -- finally got to drive Wifey's new Badlands (picked up Wednesday night) at highway speeds and I was very impressed with the road manners, turning circumference, lane tracking, etc...

And the torque felt terrific, as well...

Grandpagym

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Hi all,
I'm not much of a forum person but felt like I needed to share about my new Bronco Sport Outerbanks and why it is an incredible vehicle. Some back ground: I live on a 30 acre farm. It's sloped and muddy here at times during the year. I have had 4 Jeeps in the past 20 years and currently own a GMC Sierra SLE with a V8 5.3L Vortec Engine with a 6" lift. A beast. Which is why I switched from ordering the Big Bronco to the Sport. Before my Sport arrived I watched a lot of videos (bought sight unseen) and read a lot. When my Sport finally arrived I was expecting that I hyped myself up so much that I'd be disappointed. I was thrilled. Looks amazing. The drive home from the port was incredible. The hood is big so I had to sit a little higher than I usually do. The power is great. The road I took to get home is 15 miles of cruves up hill and she never faultered. The real surpise is the handling of the Sport. No sway, no holy shit I'm going to roll feeling AT ALL. The sterring is really tight and the Sport maneuvers really well. After 4 days straight of rain I had to take clients out and she handled really well in the mud. I am going to change the tires out to mud terrains because of where I live it just makes more sense. If you want a great ride that's rugged and a looker this is the best suv on the market. If you want to spend 75K and have a huge vehicle- buy the Big Bronco and leave us Sport folks alone (lol).

Grandpagym

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
We’re you disappointed at all with the 1.5 3 cylinder engine.

OP
OP
BroncoHawaii

BroncoHawaii

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
We’re you disappointed at all with the 1.5 3 cylinder engine.
Hi, Not at all. I did try it in Eco Mode for the first time yesterday and it does back off the power a bit in that mode but that's the point of Eco Mode. I've really hit the gas from a dead stop and it does not hesitate at all or feel sluggish.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I got to drive ours home from the dealership 2 1/2 hours back at night , in a truck I never drove before , I was very impressed with the ability to stay in 80 mph traffic on the highway most all the back, as you said she is nimble . Its my wife's main ride & she just loves it , needless to say I don't get to drive it much anymore , which is fine .

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I think the best way to describe it is that there is not another stock vehicle that has better off road capabilities and also equals or exceeds its gas mileage and on road performance.
My buddies 2 door jeep wrangler cost him $46,000. My Baby Bronco base model was 28k.
Mine rides way better on the road, his tosses us around.
I track better.
He gets 21 mpg at best.
He has to unlock to make our tight switch backs going up so he won't tear up the turns then relock the 4x4 to climb.
I don't have to do a thing but roll on.
His Jeep cabin has a very closed and claustrophobic feel when compared to the Baby Bronco.
He freaked when he got behind the wheel of mine, could not believe the spacious interior.
Like I said before, it's like Dr. Who's Tardis !
When you get back out and walk around the BS it's hard to see how they got that much room inside.
Yep all the other SUV's are now outdated and will need complete new designs.
Or better yet let's stop buying any of the foreign makes and put our vehicles on our roads. If enough of us did this we could possibly get Detroit back online.
America first !
The big Jeeps will soon be seen as the way overpriced status symbols they have become as soon as the new bad boy toy arrives, the real Bronco.

Last edited:

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Or better yet let's stop buying any of the foreign makes and put our vehicles on our roads. If enough of us did this we could possibly get Detroit back online.
America first !
Ford can start with BS cause it's made in Mexico.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
Ford can start with BS cause it's made in Mexico.
It’s assembled in Mexico, Ford is still a US based company. There’s a big difference

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad