Bronco Sport Exceeds My Expectations

tRex

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ford can start with BS cause it's made in Mexico.
We can also stop our federal government that a little more than half of us currently love so much from punishing successful corporations with...punitive...regulations and taxes and consent agreements and other ridiculous regulatory requirements. Ford would not be in MX right now if it weren't significantly cheaper and easier to manufacture there. The trends are already here, the exoduses from high-tax, high-regulation states -- even the US itself -- by manufacturers, even people (ex. retirees and ex-pats not tied to a physical location in the US anymore). Success is made by individuals, and groups of collaborating, incorporated individuals (get it?) -- not bloated, initiative-crushing, overbearing, omni-present in every facet of life central government.

Advertisement

dano0726

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
I believe the Toyota Tacoma production/assembly is being moved from San Antonio down to Mexico (Texas doesn't have an individual income tax, but does have a corporate franchise/margins tax + an ever increasing statewide property tax...)

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
Meanwhile Toyotas are made in America. The Bronco Sport has a lot of advantages. Supporting American workers isn’t one.
There are a lot of American workers that aren't in the assembly plants that are being supported by Ford in the US. Don't get me wrong it would be nice if it was assembled here too but it's not a total loss.

Excape

First Name
Reg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
It's helping to support this retired autoworker and stock owner.
Congratulations on retiring prior to outsourcing. Meanwhile, Toyota providing jobs for the next generation autoworker. I'm not stirring the pot, just keeping it real.

tRex

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Congratulations on retiring prior to outsourcing. Meanwhile, Toyota providing jobs for the next generation autoworker. I'm not stirring the pot, just keeping it real.
I think they have different economics arranged with their plants, locales, and workers, don't they?

SM05

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 RAV4
Well this derailed quickly.
Lol. Back on topic... the exceeded expectations / waiting game.

The chip shortage is one of the well known reasons for across the industry delays. Is anyone aware of what's holding up the production for various BS models/configurations?

I'm gonna do my usual 2 week check in with my dealer tomorrow, assuming he's still taking my calls. :) Funny, they have a FE available. They are asking what looked to me like 4K over MSRP. I was thinking the other day that from dealer's perspective, the best thing were to happen if as many of these special orders backed out as possible. That way they can move some of these over MSRP while they still can. So incentive for them to give me/us accurate updates is rather low. Paranoid? May be just a little.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3

The chip shortage is one of the well known reasons for across the industry delays. Is anyone aware of what's holding up the production for various BS models/configurations?

I'm gonna do my usual 2 week check in with my dealer tomorrow, assuming he's still taking my calls. :) Funny, they have a FE available. They are asking what looked to me like 4K over MSRP. I was thinking the other day that from dealer's perspective, the best thing were to happen if as many of these special orders backed out as possible. That way they can move some of these over MSRP while they still can. So incentive for them to give me/us accurate updates is rather low. Paranoid? May be just a little.
Paranoid? Probably not. I mentioned on another thread my dealer tried to low ball my trade. Told me he could sell my OB for over sticker if I walked away. I specifically avoided the local dealer because they are awful. Drove 40 minutes away to another dealer. I hate car shopping.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
Hi all,
I'm not much of a forum person but felt like I needed to share about my new Bronco Sport Outerbanks and why it is an incredible vehicle. Some back ground: I live on a 30 acre farm. It's sloped and muddy here at times during the year. I have had 4 Jeeps in the past 20 years and currently own a GMC Sierra SLE with a V8 5.3L Vortec Engine with a 6" lift. A beast. Which is why I switched from ordering the Big Bronco to the Sport. Before my Sport arrived I watched a lot of videos (bought sight unseen) and read a lot. When my Sport finally arrived I was expecting that I hyped myself up so much that I'd be disappointed. I was thrilled. Looks amazing. The drive home from the port was incredible. The hood is big so I had to sit a little higher than I usually do. The power is great. The road I took to get home is 15 miles of cruves up hill and she never faultered. The real surpise is the handling of the Sport. No sway, no holy shit I'm going to roll feeling AT ALL. The sterring is really tight and the Sport maneuvers really well. After 4 days straight of rain I had to take clients out and she handled really well in the mud. I am going to change the tires out to mud terrains because of where I live it just makes more sense. If you want a great ride that's rugged and a looker this is the best suv on the market. If you want to spend 75K and have a huge vehicle- buy the Big Bronco and leave us Sport folks alone (lol).
Isn't it a great vehicle? I'm always looking for excuses to drive. Can't wait to take her camping.

Powerz

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport

It's the chip shortage annnnnnd some of the models got recalled back a month or two back as well for some issues. Pretty much all replacement parts as well are on backorder and on hold, takes about 3 weeks just to get the seat covers rn, and triple the price for the spare mini tire lol. Windshields I think are even back ordered 3 mos out for replacements. It's putting them in a bind of where to send the pieces and if they're focusing on getting repair parts out compared to getting production of the full automobile going it makes sense for the car delay beyond just the chips.

Advertisement