tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
This is exciting! I thought I was giving up the ability to reprogram my vehicle when I swapped my VW Golf R for the Bronco Sport. Not only can I still do it, I can do it in English instead of German! Now if only the Extended License Key generator page wasn't overloaded and could get me a key......

I noticed the 2.3.41 beta released 5/29 "improved support" for the BS. I also tried to PM the FORScan forum admin account to inquire about contributing to the BS development but it wouldn't let me address a PM to that account. Any idea how I can get in touch and see if they still need BS data?
Sponsored

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
This is exciting! I thought I was giving up the ability to reprogram my vehicle when I swapped my VW Golf R for the Bronco Sport. Not only can I still do it, I can do it in English instead of German! Now if only the Extended License Key generator page wasn't overloaded and could get me a key......

I noticed the 2.3.41 beta released 5/29 "improved support" for the BS. I also tried to PM the FORScan forum admin account to inquire about contributing to the BS development but it wouldn't let me address a PM to that account. Any idea how I can get in touch and see if they still need BS data?
That is the correct account - FORScan
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco ForScan Thread 1626190512968

Odd you cant PM it, might be a minimum posting requirement or something

When I get some free time I'll have to plug back into the Bronco Sport to see what's new since the last time it was essentially only the Sync module that could get tweaked....

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so this link is pretty detailed. If you enter your vin, it runs all the codes...granted I know very little but based on discussions this is a lot of information availalble.
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt
yes, that gives the as built codes as the car left the factory...it can change as it updates with any changes you make with Forscan, so its a good idea to download this BEFORE you do any mods so you always have a reference if you mess something up.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
yes, that gives the as built codes as the car left the factory...it can change as it updates with any changes you make with Forscan, so its a good idea to download this BEFORE you do any mods so you always have a reference if you mess something up.
Roger, good to know. I did actually download it, I don't have any immediate plans, but seeing all the options you guys have brought up...it's tempting.

* I am guessing this example would be a popluar switch?

720-01-01
CC0E 3264 7009

Auto Start/Stop Disable - by disabling BMS (Battery Management System)BCM726-48-02x0xxxxxxxxxx
FCIM7A7-01-01xxxxx0xxxxxx
IPC720-01-01xxxx1xxxxxxx

Last edited:

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can confirm that the newest version of Forscan really opened up alot of options in the BdyCM module.
I definitely noticed the tire circumference line and can be updated now for those who went out and bought oversized tires.
They've definitely unlocked alot of things and I am sure more will come.
I didn't have time to really mess around with things though, that will have to wait for now.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I can confirm that the newest version of Forscan really opened up alot of options in the BdyCM module.
I definitely noticed the tire circumference line and can be updated now for those who went out and bought oversized tires.
They've definitely unlocked alot of things and I am sure more will come.
I didn't have time to really mess around with things though, that will have to wait for now.
Ahhh it's starting to make more sense. Using the reference above
From the Forscan forum:
what those XXX are in coding?
the X's are the positions of letters or numbers you don't touch when programming

So for my code auto start stop I only change the value of the 3 to a 1 so it would read
720-01-01 CC0E 1264 7009 and this would disable auto start stop

720-01-01 CC0E 3264 7009 (current code)
IPC 720-01-01 xxxx 1xxx xxxx (mod value)

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ahhh it's starting to make more sense. Using the reference above
From the Forscan forum:
what those XXX are in coding?
the X's are the positions of letters or numbers you don't touch when programming

So for my code auto start stop I only change the value of the 3 to a 1 so it would read
720-01-01 CC0E 1264 7009 and this would disable auto start stop

720-01-01 CC0E 3264 7009 (current code)
IPC 720-01-01 xxxx 1xxx xxxx (mod value)
its not hex values...its like central configuration with enabled/disabled/inhibited or other options to select.

for tire size for instance you enter the tire circumference value.

it actually seems more user friendly this way, though one still needs to know what needs to be changed and where as often there is more than one slection that needs to be changed in different modules.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
its not hex values...its like central configuration with enabled/disabled/inhibited or other options to select.

for tire size for instance you enter the tire circumference value.

it actually seems more user friendly this way, though one still needs to know what needs to be changed and where as often there is more than one slection that needs to be changed in different modules.
Gotcha and I think I'm understanding the code I used as an example is merely for the screen notification not actual disabling. There is a 726 which appears to be on/off and this is probably over my head and safer to just...leave it alone. Maybe one of the disabled tools would be better, just plug in and let the jumper do the work.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha and I think I'm understanding the code I used as an example is merely for the screen notification not actual disabling. There is a 726 which appears to be on/off and this is probably over my head and safer to just...leave it alone. Maybe one of the disabled tools would be better, just plug in and let the jumper do the work.
If you are referring to auto start stop, I did see the options there to enable/ disable. But I do believe it's a couple settings in different modules that have to be toggled to do it
I personally like the feature so not going to mess with that myself.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
If you are referring to auto start stop, I did see the options there to enable/ disable. But I do believe it's a couple settings in different modules that have to be toggled to do it
I personally like the feature so not going to mess with that myself.
No worries. Just keep thinking that's a lot of extra work on the starter, battery, etc all for EPA numbers. I'm probably wise to just leave it all the same. I appreciate your feedback sincerely

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
PSA
Version 2.3.42 was released 8/21. The change history indicates it improved Bronco support, though I'm unsure if that includes the BS. I doesn't really look like there's anything new for us.

I'm still not seeing the option to adjust lane change blinks from 3 to 5 or disable the double honk when exiting the running vehicle with the fob.

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
PSA
Version 2.3.42 was released 8/21. The change history indicates it improved Bronco support, though I'm unsure if that includes the BS. I doesn't really look like there's anything new for us.

I'm still not seeing the option to adjust lane change blinks from 3 to 5 or disable the double honk when exiting the running vehicle with the fob.
I would change both if possible.

Tabletalk1

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I am not a Forscan expert by any means but have a lot of experience using it on our 2019 F150 SCREW. I added folding mirrors which besides having to change the wiring harness in both doors required Forscan to reprogram the new modules in both doors and then telling it there were folding mirrors and puddle lamps. I’ve also eliminated the start/stop feature and the front seat chimes. Our BS is sitting at the dealer waiting for the fuel delivery recall part. In the meantime, I’d like to be prepared to eliminate the start/stop feature once we get it. The F150 guys have an amazing Excel spreadsheet with every conceivable code you can imagine. Looking over this forum I see above that the changes look very similar to the F150 , but on another thread here someone said line 730 not 720.

The F150 fix is, which is what I did.
There are three changes that you may apply using FORScan, these are:
1. Disable BMS: BCM 726-48-02 x0xx xxxx xxxx
This will disable the BMS function which will prevent the A.S.S. from engaging.
IPC 720-01-01 xxxx 1xxx xxxx
(optional - disables stop/start message center in the trip/fuel IPC menu)
This will remove the A.S.S. icon from the instrument cluster
FCIM 7A7-01-01 xxxx x0xx xxxx
(optional - disables switch)
This will disable the A.S.S button from functioning.

Has anyone done this already on their BS and did it work?

Thanks