Airborne_Ape

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 & 2017 F150
Hopefully there’s someone out there with the latest SYNC willing to dive into this for us
That or go take a 2020 explorer on a really long test drive lol. If I happen to rent a newer Ford any time in the next year, I'll take a peek.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Airborne_Ape

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 & 2017 F150
Congratulations to the German who found the Lincoln Aviator images in his Mustang's Sync 3 system. It further demonstrates my point that Ford probably has or will stuff pictures of the Bronco into the Sync system of new Ford models. I have no 2020 Ford's at my disposal to experiment with, but maybe some of you do. We know the Bronco theme is already in current Ford's featuring Sync 3.4

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco ForScan Thread 1

Last edited:

U725

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Roadster, R53 MC40 Mini Cooper S
Wheres the video? Did it get taken down?

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Since this is a year old now with no real progress - I will be hooking up my Sport to ForScan today and grabbing an "as-built" file for my BB and see what we can do from there.

Mostly I want to see if I can enable remote start via keyfob like the F150 guys can do (instead of using just the app), and poke around for other bits and pieces here and there. The remote start tweak, if there, would be a HUGE improvement for the lower packages that can avoid spending $1600 just for remote start if that is the only piece they care about... like me.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Well now that we are seeing Deliveries of the BS, hopefully we shall start seeing some progress with Forscan and whats available for the BS.
Sometimes, the dev team at Forscan will need some time to unlock all features as this is a brand new model but from what I understand from what I have read around, there are some limited things that can be tinkered with.
I get delivery of our OB+ on this coming week and will plug in Forscan and save the factory AsBuilt and all the module configs and poke around and see what's available. Being an OB+OB pkg, most should be unlocked, but I expect some of the simple things like Bambi mode, double honk, Global windows open/close to be in there

JRav007

Big Bend
First Name
J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Wow! A lot of this goes waaaaaaay over my head tbh. But the possibility of activating remote start and the such is enticing. Does doing all this stuff void the warranty or anything like that?

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow! A lot of this goes waaaaaaay over my head tbh. But the possibility of activating remote start and the such is enticing. Does doing all this stuff void the warranty or anything like that?
its not all too complicated as long as you do your research first before you go mucking around with settings. you can seriously mess up the car if you change the wrong thing.
For the beginner, I would wait till the more experienced users of Forscan get some of the details and then post tutorials and walkthroughs of how to do what.
I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I have made some basic adjustments on my Escapes as listed above. the only more "advanced" thing I was able to do was to get my front windshield defrost working. IE, my SE did not have the cold weather package like my Titanium, but while cleaning the cowls I noticed the heating coil and wiring was present. I added a fuse to the proper circuit, enabled the function with forscan and it worked! Additionally I was able to "fix" some climate features that didnt work with remote start that should have from day one. Turns out they were disabled from the factory when they should have been enabled.

The fordpass app is a good remote start option included with all BS regardless of trim, but I do admit, the keyfob remote start is way easier and quicker.

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I wonder if this could be used to activate the Badlands and First Edition's two additional GOAT modes (Mud/Ruts and Rock Crawl) on the lower trims?

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the other trims are missing the advanced 4x4 system mechanics and front camera that those modes use
Indeed the challenge with some of the missing features is the hardware involved with some of them. as for the GOAT modes, yes, the advanced 4x4 drivetrain and cameras would need to be added for them to work as they are obviously not present on the lower trims..
Some of the more minor features often are present, but just disabled as I discovered with my Escape's cold weather package disabled items I was able to activate one item but other items in the cold weather package such as the heated steering wheel were not present and thus unable to activate even if i did activate it in Forscan, and would result in a DTC code.
But in theory, if you were able to get the proper parts and modules either from the parts dept or a wrecked donor vehicle with the parts, theoretically you could activate them.
Other things like adding an aftermarket hitch, you might be able to activate the factory sway control, or activate certain features of 360+ dependent on the actual hardware present.

For those really interested, a deep dive in the F150 forum is worth a read (warning it is a big thread) but has tonnes of information that was able to be used to help decipher features in other models.

Though more unfortunately, Ford has changed to a central configuation mode in recent years, which is some ways takes the guesswork out activating/deactivating things, but takes the forscan development team some time to actually decode this to the software for the end users. A read of the Fordescape.org forum 2017-2019 Forscan thread demonstrated the time and effort it took to decipher the changes Ford made transitioning to central configuration.

Last edited:

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got our Sport last night! yay!

Plugged in Forscan this morning! Saved the profile for my Bronco Sport Outer Banks and backed up all my factory module configurations.

The good news. The only module using central configuration is the Sync module. Within this I was able to enable the climate controls and heated steering wheel functions to the main sync display. Not earth shattering but gives another control option as opposed to looking down at the manual controls below. There might be some other things I could enable, but will do a little research before I start messing with anything else.

The bad news. Looks like everything else is old school configuration. Ok, this might not be so bad, but it will be more complicated to figure out which line controls what and what to change, so there's going to be a lot of cross referencing from other models for similar codes resulting in a lot of trial and error which is going to take some time.

For now the wish list for myself is the annoying double honk when you leave the car with the fob while running, Bambi mode and seeing what else is hidden away in the IPC module for the main dash display.
This does give me a bit of hope for some other customizations I had on my old Fusion that we couldn't do on the 2017 Escape. Examples on the Fusion I had enabled rear daytime running lights (this should be mandatory with DRL, I see too many cars at night or bad weather with no tail lights on), increased the signal count of the lane change flash from 3-5 blinks among a few others.

In the mean time, I think we will just enjoy it stock :)

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch

Plugged in Forscan this morning! Saved the profile for my Bronco Sport Outer Banks and backed up all my factory module configurations.

The good news. The only module using central configuration is the Sync module. Within this I was able to enable the climate controls and heated steering wheel functions to the main sync display. Not earth shattering but gives another control option as opposed to looking down at the manual controls below. There might be some other things I could enable, but will do a little research before I start messing with anything else.

The bad news. Looks like everything else is old school configuration. Ok, this might not be so bad, but it will be more complicated to figure out which line controls what and what to change, so there's going to be a lot of cross referencing from other models for similar codes resulting in a lot of trial and error which is going to take some time.

For now the wish list for myself is the annoying double honk when you leave the car with the fob while running, Bambi mode and seeing what else is hidden away in the IPC module for the main dash display.
This does give me a bit of hope for some other customizations I had on my old Fusion that we couldn't do on the 2017 Escape. Examples on the Fusion I had enabled rear daytime running lights (this should be mandatory with DRL, I see too many cars at night or bad weather with no tail lights on), increased the signal count of the lane change flash from 3-5 blinks among a few others.

This gives me hope that BB with the leather wheel option can be activated to use (possibly hidden) heated steering and control it via the touchscreen since we lack a manual button. Still haven’t confirmed the leather wrap wheel in a BB has the necessary hardware for the heating element. ??

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
This gives me hope that BB with the leather wheel option can be activated to use (possibly hidden) heated steering and control it via the touchscreen since we lack a manual button. Still haven’t confirmed the leather wrap wheel in a BB has the necessary hardware for the heating element. ??
So the Big Bend comes with a leather steering wheel without heat? Does any other trim have that?

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX

To kick things off.. can you please take a look at your BCM line 726-12-01 and see if you have XXXX 08A1 XXXX .

This would help for tire size re-calibration.
Sponsored