Bronco ForScan Thread

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
Has anyone tried reprogramming the tire size? I was reading in that F150 forum that in some cases you have to use a tire circumference based on factory values….for example either 225 or 235 for the BS.
Sponsored

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands, Fiesta ST
Has anyone tried reprogramming the tire size? I was reading in that F150 forum that in some cases you have to use a tire circumference based on factory values….for example either 225 or 235 for the BS.
Technically it should be possible but currently there is a bug in the FORScan software that is preventing writes to the BCM module. It's been noted on their forums and I believe a few of us have submitted a report but it hasn't been fixed as of yet.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
Version 2.3.44 was released on 11/25. has anyone tried it yet?
I have it installed. With this version you're now able to write changes to the BCM.

Unfortunately for those of us who are adjusting to larger tires, the re-learn functions for BCM and PCM and ABS aren't an option so if you change the tire circumference it throws a 4WD Fault and DTC.

Mizzou.Mike

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150 Lariat and a 2023 Bronco Sport OBX
I have it installed to make some changes to my 2021 F150 over Christmas break. I will also hook up my wifes OB bronco sport and see what is available to change on it

Fordson04

Big Bend
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Still not able to write anything to the BCM with the lastest forscan 2.3.44
I haven't had any luck writing to any modules except for the APIM even on the newest release. I either get service procedure interrupted or security key invalid

shakeandbaker

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray BS Badlands, BMW 135i
Was able to disable the auto start/stop system and double honk when exiting the car while running with FORScan. Both were under the BCM module as dropdown options (without having to do manual/advanced coding)

jimd1050

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I also have a ForScan tool and the Extended License ForScan software (2.3.38 beta) but it's very limited what I can do on the 2010 Ford Escape. It does NOT have a BCM, just the GEM, so very few things can be changed. I think Escapes might have gotten BCMs from 2011 onwards. There you can do all that stuff that the F150 crowd does.

On the 2014 Mazda6 very little info is available, I didn't even try to mess with it. (ForScan also works with Mazdas)

On the 2010 Escape Limited I was able to disable TPMS sensor failure warning/TPMS, enable DRL, and read the touch pad entry factory code (didn't know it as i got the car used).
There's also a "perimeter alarm" which is "disabled" - IDK what that really does. And of course I can read DTCs and clear them etc and read all kinds of real time data.

On the ForScan forum it seems F150 and other Ford trucks has the most extensive lists of hex codes for the BCM As built options.
The Most common / popular mods seem to be bambi mode, disable double honk, global windows, and moving certain "hard button" controls to the touch screen

I hope there will be a section someday for BS on the Forscan forum OR here where we can contribute and build an excel sheet for all the hex codes in the BCM AS-BUILT stuff. Also hoping that most common hex codes for BCM as-built will be the same as 2020/2021 Ford trucks.

What I personally would like to do with ForScan when I get my BS:

- Enable Bambi mode (fog lights AND high beams on at the same time - can be good on rural roads, IF the fogs actually do illuminate the road.... they're TINY on the B/S)
- Enable Global Windows (Can move windows up or down with regular key fob remotely)
- Choose which lights/bulbs are used for DRLs
- Enable tail lights ON when DRLs on (not sure if this is even possible)
- Move some "hard button" controls to the touch screen
The Fogs actually do work pretty well, especially close in and to both sides of the vehicle - the problem I did find is, if you have "Auto High Beams" enabled, the fogs won't turn on at all!!! Hopefully, Forscan should solve that as well, with the Bambi thing.

jimd1050

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Was able to disable the auto start/stop system and double honk when exiting the car while running with FORScan. Both were under the BCM module as dropdown options (without having to do manual/advanced coding)

Also turned on the ability to use fog lights with high beams.
Are you running Forscan Version 2.3.44 John?

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Nice. I'd love to be able to adjust those 2, especially the annoying double honk.
Sponsored