Bronco ForScan Thread

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
So the Big Bend comes with a leather steering wheel without heat? Does any other trim have that?
The leather is part of the optional BigBend package. But we spent several lists yesterday here and on the FB groups verifying that the build and price is listed wrong. It comes leather wrapped, without heat. Even though we found several references otherwise. Lots of mixed information available on Fords website depending on which description you read.
Sponsored

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
So the Big Bend comes with a leather steering wheel without heat? Does any other trim have that?
And to answer your question, no. I looked into the parts catalogue this morning and can’t find a product number where leather is used without heat. My guess is the element is there, just not the button/software to activate it.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
To kick things off.. can you please take a look at your BCM line 726-12-01 and see if you have XXXX 08A1 XXXX .

This would help for tire size re-calibration.
not seeing this format in the backup of the BdyCM...

Block 12
726GCG1000012310487
726GCG205021200025C
726GCG39B500000002D
726GCG4000043

It'll have to wait till I plug the laptop in again for the proper format, but if I am reading this backup right, the first line under block 12 is not a match.

See next post. I know the tire size is in the central configuration for the Escape, so when Forscan updates, you should have your solution for the people upsizing their shoes

Last edited:

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took a look at the 2020 Escape Forscan thread and central configuration is present for other modules. I noticed the IPC module asbuilt code list is very short for the sport. 11 blocks of 2 items in each...
There is a possibility there is other central configurations, but may have to wait for future updates from Forscan to make these available since the Sport is so new.

*update*
I actually found a post in the official Forscan Forum where they have stated that the current release does NOT officially support the Bronco Sport are requesting Bronco Sport owners (among some other vehicles) to step up and give them some info and I have volunteered :)
The next release, FORScan 2.3.38 should support us, if they get enough feedback.

If you use forscan, hit the official forum and PM the admin and they will send you instructions.
It was a pretty simple process for me to do, emailing some debug logs of the connection to the Sport.

Last edited:

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I took a look at the 2020 Escape Forscan thread and central configuration is present for other modules. I noticed the IPC module asbuilt code list is very short for the sport. 11 blocks of 2 items in each...
There is a possibility there is other central configurations, but may have to wait for future updates from Forscan to make these available since the Sport is so new.

*update*
I actually found a post in the official Forscan Forum where they have stated that the current release does NOT officially support the Bronco Sport are requesting Bronco Sport owners (among some other vehicles) to step up and give them some info and I have volunteered :)
The next release, FORScan 2.3.38 should support us, if they get enough feedback.

If you use forscan, hit the official forum and PM the admin and they will send you instructions.
It was a pretty simple process for me to do, emailing some debug logs of the connection to the Sport.
I have a cable on the way, and will be borrowing a cable in the meantime. I definitely want to assist with this since there are plenty of features I know we can either program in, or add the modules later on cheaply.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
*update*

I also have a ForScan tool and the Extended License ForScan software (2.3.38 beta) but it's very limited what I can do on the 2010 Ford Escape. It does NOT have a BCM, just the GEM, so very few things can be changed. I think Escapes might have gotten BCMs from 2011 onwards. There you can do all that stuff that the F150 crowd does.

On the 2014 Mazda6 very little info is available, I didn't even try to mess with it. (ForScan also works with Mazdas)

On the 2010 Escape Limited I was able to disable TPMS sensor failure warning/TPMS, enable DRL, and read the touch pad entry factory code (didn't know it as i got the car used).
There's also a "perimeter alarm" which is "disabled" - IDK what that really does. And of course I can read DTCs and clear them etc and read all kinds of real time data.

On the ForScan forum it seems F150 and other Ford trucks has the most extensive lists of hex codes for the BCM As built options.
The Most common / popular mods seem to be bambi mode, disable double honk, global windows, and moving certain "hard button" controls to the touch screen

I hope there will be a section someday for BS on the Forscan forum OR here where we can contribute and build an excel sheet for all the hex codes in the BCM AS-BUILT stuff. Also hoping that most common hex codes for BCM as-built will be the same as 2020/2021 Ford trucks.

What I personally would like to do with ForScan when I get my BS:

- Enable Bambi mode (fog lights AND high beams on at the same time - can be good on rural roads, IF the fogs actually do illuminate the road.... they're TINY on the B/S)
- Enable Global Windows (Can move windows up or down with regular key fob remotely)
- Choose which lights/bulbs are used for DRLs
- Enable tail lights ON when DRLs on (not sure if this is even possible)
- Move some "hard button" controls to the touch screen

Last edited:

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also have a ForScan tool and the Extended License ForScan software (2.3.38 beta) but it's very limited what I can do on the 2010 Ford Escape. It does NOT have a BCM, just the GEM, so very few things can be changed. I think Escapes might have gotten BCMs from 2011 onwards. There you can do all that stuff that the F150 crowd does.

On the 2014 Mazda6 very little info is available, I didn't even try to mess with it. (ForScan also works with Mazdas)

On the 2010 Escape Limited I was able to disable TPMS sensor failure warning/TPMS, enable DRL, and read the touch pad entry factory code (didn't know it as i got the car used).
There's also a "perimeter alarm" which is "disabled" - IDK what that really does. And of course I can read DTCs and clear them etc and read all kinds of real time data.

On the ForScan forum it seems F150 and other Ford trucks has the most extensive lists of hex codes for the BCM As built options.
The Most common / popular mods seem to be bambi mode, disable double honk, global windows, and moving certain "hard button" controls to the touch screen

I hope there will be a section someday for BS on the Forscan forum OR here where we can contribute and build an excel sheet for all the hex codes in the BCM AS-BUILT stuff. Also hoping that most common hex codes for BCM as-built will be the same as 2020/2021 Ford trucks.

What I personally would like to do with ForScan when I get my BS:

- Enable Bambi mode (fog lights AND high beams on at the same time - can be good on rural roads, IF the fogs actually do illuminate the road.... they're TINY on the B/S)
- Enable Global Windows (Can move windows up or down with regular key fob remotely)
- Choose which lights/bulbs are used for DRLs
- Enable tail lights ON when DRLs on (not sure if this is even possible)
- Move some "hard button" controls to the touch screen
The 2017 Escape began the trend of "Central Configuration" where the BCM hex values were missing....it took awhile, I can't remember exactly how long, but eventually the data was able to be downloaded to Forscan to get access to change the items you listed above. even today I see them adding more options that can be adjusted to the Escape BdyCM and IPC Central Configurations.
If memory serves, I saw then the same as I see now with the Bronco sport, where there are not enough lines in the BCM to account for anything. Central configuration will open these items up and is much simpler to change, rather than "guessing" hex values.
As it stands now, only the APIM Central Configuration is available.

So it could be awhile before the team at forscan cracks it as I have noticed that they still havent really cracked the BCM central configuration with the 2020 escape as of yet.

So the more people who can send their debug files of their sport to Forscan the better as instructed in post #50 above.. hopefully the sooner, they can crack the CC and make it available to the masses :)

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
Is there a Google sheet started yet documenting the changes to as built
codes?. Should we just start one?

I just placed an order for an ob model and can help add feedback once i take delivery.

SaabBoy2010

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles Cheese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-5 (2X) Saab 9-3

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if this counts as "global windows" but you can put the windows down with the key fob. On the OB + OB package if you hit unlock once then a second time holding down for 5 seconds on the second hit, it'll roll down all the windows. Found this YouTube video and tried it on the BS. Not sure how they go up.

How to remote start the 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands | Features of the 2021 Ford Bronco Sport - YouTube
That is Global Open/Close. Repeating the same procedure should result in the windows closing. Global is enabled on the BS by default fortunately :)

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
Is there a google sheet started for these mods the way Explorer's and F150 has?
I have one started if not. Also , As the Escape is parent platform should this be expanded to the 2020+ Escape boards?

https://
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19oZvaDXAD-mXpQoj6k35QhfHzFohKhFuMpG6NvDof98/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:

dfwplaneguy

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Anyone been able to do anything with Forscan yet?
While technically my answer is yes, essentially no. I was able to change the number of radio presets from 5 to 6.

I really want to change the default blinks of the blinkers from 3 to 5.

jamie1073

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Is there anyway to turn off the crappy engine noise through the radio with the overbearing Sport mode trying to make a 4 cylinder sound like a v-8.

dfwplaneguy

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Is there anyway to turn off the crappy engine noise through the radio with the overbearing Sport mode trying to make a 4 cylinder sound like a v-8.
Trust me, I am looking for that myself as well. I have an unreleased beta version and much more will be available soon. But the one thing I really wanted was to change the blinks for the tap blinker for 3 to 5, but it is still not available yet.
Sponsored